- Mathew Horne
Mathew Horne Born Mathew Frazer Horne
6 September 1978 (age 33)
Burton Joyce, Nottinghamshire, England
Nationality British Education Burton Joyce Primary School
Southwell Minster School
Alma mater University of Manchester Occupation Actor, stand-up comedian, television presenter, writer Years active 2000–present Employer BBC (prev. Channel 4) Television Gavin & Stacey
The Catherine Tate Show
Horne and Corden
Parents Brian Horne, Glenis Reynolds
Mathew Frazer Horne (born 6 September 1978) is an English actor, stand-up comedian, television presenter and narrator best known for appearing on several BBC sketch shows and sitcoms, most notably Gavin & Stacey portraying Gavin Shipman, The Catherine Tate Show, Teachers and Horne and Corden.
Horne was born in Burton Joyce, a village to the east of Nottingham, to Brian Horne and Glenis Reynolds. Horne has an elder brother, Daniel, and attended Burton Joyce Primary school, a small school not far from his home. He studied A level performing arts at Southwell Minster School, and a degree in Drama at the University of Manchester. Here, Horne met Bruce Mackinnon in the first few weeks of term; they realised that they shared a similar sense of humour, but did not write material together until the third year of their studies.
Horne began his career as a stand-up comedian and later became one half of the comedy duo Mat and MacKinnon – first performing at the Edinburgh Festival in 2000. He was spotted at the festival by Catherine Tate who invited him to perform in The Catherine Tate Show.
In 2003, he starred in Channel 4's 20 Things to do Before You're 30 and a year later earned the role of Ben, an atheist RE teacher, in the Channel 4 hit series Teachers. In 2007 he starred in the BBC sitcom Roman's Empire and in November that year appeared in comedy sketches in The Kylie Show on ITV1 alongside Kylie Minogue, playing her assistant. Horne also featured the Sheriff's court jester in the second series of Robin Hood, aired on BBC One at the end of 2007.
He as also appeared in the first series of ITV production Doc Martin. In 2005, Horne appeared in an episode of The Smoking Room, playing Dominic the nephew of Janet who was conducting a psychological study of the employees.
In 2008 Horne appeared in a modern adaptation of the Three Billy Goats Gruff as part of the BBC's Fairy Tales season. He has performed voice-over work for the ITV2 series The Passions of Girls Aloud.
Horne appears in the film Lesbian Vampire Killers and made his stage debut in a 2009 revival of Entertaining Mr Sloane at the Trafalgar Studios. On 3 April 2009 it was reported that Horne collapsed on-stage during a West End performance of Entertaining Mr Sloane. He remained on-stage until medical assistance arrived, at which point he was taken to hospital. A statement released soon after said that he was exhausted after working 'flat out' for 3 months and it was later revealed that he was suffering from a virus.
Horne also guest-stars in the video for The Maccabees' 2009 free-download single "No Kind Words"
He also appeared in an episode of Miss Marple alongside fellow Gavin and Stacey star Ruth Jones.
Horne will be starring in the 2011 British live-action 3D family comedy film Horrid Henry the Movie, as the titular character's father.
Work with James Corden
In 2008 Horne and Corden toured the UK in preparation for their BBC sketch show Horne & Corden. The first episode was broadcast on 10 March 2009 on BBC Three. It was presented in front of a live audience, in a style reminiscent of Morecambe and Wise or The Two Ronnies. A variety of pre-filmed sketches and live performances were included.
Appeared alongside Corden in the CGI movie Planet 51, with a minor part voicing a soldier, Vesklin.
Recognition and awards
- ^ Flixster.com
- ^ Rightcelebrity.com
- ^ "Mathew Horne Gavin and Stacey". Thisisnottingham.co.uk. http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Mathew-Horne-talks-smash-sitcom-Gavin-Stacey/article-269082-detail/article.html. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- ^ "Mat and Mackinnon". comedy cv. http://www.comedycv.co.uk/matandmackinnon/index.htm. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- ^ "Mat and Mackinnon's description : Chortle : The UK Comedy Guide". Chortle. http://www.chortle.co.uk/shows/edinburgh_fringe_2002/m/594/mat_and_mackinnon. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- ^ Channel4.com
- ^ "Mathew Horne | TV star | Says Biz ruined chances with Kylie | The Sun |Showbiz|Bizarre". The Sun. 13 February 2008. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article795546.ece. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- ^ "Mathew Horne guest-stars – Radio Times, 1 December 2008". Radio Times. 1 December 2008. http://www.radiotimes.com/content/show-features/robin-hood/mathew-horne-guest-stars/. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- ^ Michael Deacon Published: 12:01AM GMT 5 Jan 2008 Comments (5 January 2008). "Once upon a time...". Telegraph. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/3670331/Once-upon-a-time....html. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- ^ EPisodeWorld. "The Passions of...Girls Aloud (2008) Episode Guide". EPisodeWorld. http://www.episodeworld.com/show/Passions_OfGirls_Aloud. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- ^ "Mathew Horne (Worried About The Boy, Lesbian Vampire Killers, Gavin And Stacey – Series 3 and Horne And Corden – Series 1) – news, photos, filmography, rent DVDs from". Lovefilm. http://www.lovefilm.com/browse/contributor/67091/Mathew_Horne.html. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- ^ "Entertaining Mr Sloane tickets by Joe Orton starring Imelda Staunton, Mathew Horne at Trafalgar Studios London – Tickets for Entertaining Mr Sloane". Londontheatre.co.uk. http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/lashmars/entertainingmrsloane/index.html. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- ^ "Mathew Horne collapses on stage". BBC News. 3 April 2009. http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/entertainment/newsid_7980000/7980621.stm. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- ^ "Mathew Horne back in play after suffering onstage collapse". Telegraph. 7 April 2009. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/5115591/Mathew-Horne-back-in-play-after-suffering-onstage-collapse.html. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- ^ In summer 2011, Mathew Horne will play the role of Henry's father in Horrid Henry: The Movie. "Two Programmes – Worried About the Boy". BBC. 16 May 2010. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00sh5lt. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- ^ Telegraph Interview with James Corden.
- ^ August 12, 2008 (12 August 2008). "Big Brother's Big Mouth: Corden and Horne : TV Scoop". Tvscoop.tv. http://www.tvscoop.tv/2008/08/big_brothers_bi_1.html. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- ^ "Recap from Shockwave NME Awards | James Corden Fan Site". Jamescordenfansite.wordpress.com. 29 February 2008. http://jamescordenfansite.wordpress.com/2008/02/29/recap-from-shockwave-nme-awards/. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- ^ "Horne & Corden – BBC3 Sketch Show – British Comedy Guide". Comedy.org.uk. http://www.comedy.org.uk/guide/tv/horne_corden/. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- ^ "Gavin and Stacey leads Comedy Award nominations – News – British Comedy Guide". Sitcom.co.uk. 7 November 2007. http://www.sitcom.co.uk/news/news.php?story=000326. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
Big Brother in the United Kingdom Big Brother SeriesRegularCelebritySpecialTeen · Panto · Celebrity Hijack · Ultimate WinnersRegularCelebritySpecial Main presentersCurrentFormer Related articles Category · Commons
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Mathew Baynton — (26 novembre 1985 à Chelmsford) est un acteur et scénariste britannique. Il a étudié au Rose Bulford School of Speech and Drama et à l école Philippe Gaulier. Il a joué dans les séries Gavin Stacey (Deano), dans Horne Corden et dans… … Wikipédia en Français
Mathew Baynton — Born Mathew Baynton November 26, 1985 Chelmsford, Essex, England Other names Mat Bayn … Wikipedia
Matt Horne — This article is about the New Zealand cricketer. For the English actor, see Mathew Horne. Matt Horne Personal information Batting style Right hand bat Bowling style Right arm medium … Wikipedia
Matthew Horne — may refer to: Matt Horne (born 1970), New Zealand cricketer Mathew Horne (born 1978), English actor This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same personal name. If an internal li … Wikipedia
Gavin & Stacey — Title card Format Romantic drama Written by James Corden Ruth Jones … Wikipedia
List of Big Brother (UK) shows — This is a complete list of shows about and relating to Big Brother (UK). Contents 1 Current shows 1.1 Big Brother 1.2 Big Brother Eviction 1.3 Big Brother s Bit on the Side … Wikipedia
James Corden — Infobox Actor name = James Corden imagesize = caption = birthname = James Kimberley Corden birthdate = birthdate and age|1978|08|18|df=yes birthplace = deathdate = deathplace = othername = occupation = Actor, Writer, Producer yearsactive = spouse … Wikipedia
The Catherine Tate Show characters — Contents 1 Main characters 1.1 Joannie Nan Taylor 1.2 Lauren Cooper 1 … Wikipedia
Roman's Empire — Infobox Television show name = Roman s Empire caption = format = Comedy (sitcom) picture format = PAL (576i) runtime = 30 minutes creator = Harry Williams Jack Williams starring = Mathew Horne Neil Dudgeon Montserrat Lombard Sarah Solemani… … Wikipedia
List of people from Nottingham — Notable people born in or near, educated in, or otherwise associated with Nottingham. Sorted by category and DOB: Contents 1 Actors 2 Armed forces 3 Art 4 Business … Wikipedia