Dork may refer to:
- USA pejorative slang for a quirky, silly and/or stupid, socially inept person, or one who is out of touch with contemporary trends. Often confused with nerd and geek, but does not imply the same level of intelligence.
- Vulgar slang for "penis"
- Australasian snapper, a species of sparidae fish sometimes called "dork"
- Dork (EP), an album by AFI
- Dork Tower, an online comic by John Kovalic
- King Dork, a young adult novel by Frank Portman
- Son of Dork, a UK pop punk band
- 2Dorks.com, a web site run by Dwyer and Michaels
- Among users of the Poser CGI program, "dork" is slang for the Poser 3 and Poser 4 man model
- Dork: The Incredible Adventures of Robin ‘Einstein' Varghese, a novel by Sidin Vadukut
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Dork (EP) — Dork EP EP AFI Дата выпуска … Википедия
Dork (EP) — Dork EP by AFI Released March 2, 1993 Recorded … Wikipedia
dork — [dork] 1. n. the penis. (Usually objectionable.) □ Paul told a joke about a dork, but everybody just sat there and looked straight ahead. 2. n. a jerk; a strange person. (See also megadork.) □ Ye gods, Sally! You are a dork! … Dictionary of American slang and colloquial expressions
dork|y — «DR kee», adjective, dork|i|er, dork|i|est. Slang. dull, stupid, or ineffectual: »She asked Kate what she thought of Cle. “He s dorky,” Kate responded. She didn t like his glasses (Chicago Tribune) … Useful english dictionary
dork — (d[^o]rk), n. 1. a person who is stupid, socially inept, or ridiculous; always used disparagingly. [slang.] Syn: nerd; jerk. [PJC] 2. the penis. [vulgar slang] [PJC] … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
dork — [ dɔrk ] noun count INFORMAL an insulting word for someone who you think is stupid because they behave or dress in a way not considered fashionable ╾ dork|y adjective: He was wearing this really dorky shirt … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
dork — [dôrk] n. 1. [Vulgar Slang] the penis 2. Slang a person regarded as stupid, foolish, awkward, clumsy, etc. dorky adj. dorkier, dorkiest … English World dictionary
dork — [do:k US do:rk] n informal [Date: 1900 2000; Origin: Perhaps from DICK1] someone who you think is or looks stupid >dorky adj … Dictionary of contemporary English
dork — stupid person, 1967, originally U.S. student slang, perhaps from earlier meaning penis (1964), itself probably an alteration of DICK (Cf. dick). Related: Dorky; dorkiness … Etymology dictionary
dørk — sb., en, e, ene (skibsgulv); gå i dørken (falde om) … Dansk ordbog
dork — ► NOUN informal ▪ a socially inept person. ORIGIN perhaps a variant of DIRK(Cf. ↑dirk), influenced by DICK(Cf. ↑dick) … English terms dictionary