- Dodge Hornet
The Dodge Hornet is a concept car mini MPV designed and developed by Dodge and revealed in 2006. Dodge's first attempt at building a car this small, the car was expected to be released in 2010, but following the 2009 financial crisis and the restructuring of the Chrysler Group, the concept was dropped.
The Hornet was to be the first fruit from the cooperation between Chrysler and Nissan, and following the merger with Fiat in late 2010, it took on a new, yet unrevealed identity, which will more likely share Fiat's 199 platform with the Alfa Romeo MiTo. Designed to compete against the Mini (BMW), the Hornet is expected to be released somewhere between 2011 and 2013. In May 2011, Chrysler has stated that a subcompact vehicle with a new model name is expected for release in late 2011, as the first of the 2012 lineup.
According to Dodge it is a rally inspired design based on the Jeep Compass platform, powered by a 1.6 L supercharged 4-cylinder Tritec engine rated at 170 hp (127 kW). This engine was manufactured in a Chrysler-BMW joint venture in Brazil.
- Engine - 1.6 L straight-4 (Supercharged)
- Power - 170 bhp (127 kW)
- 0-60 mph - 7.5 seconds
- Top Speed - 135 mph (217 km/h) +
- Price - £14,000 (estimated)
The Hornet name originates with the Hudson Hornet built by Hudson Motor Car Company, later the American Motors Corporation (AMC), from 1951 to 1957. The AMC Hornet was the second car to use the Hornet name from 1970 to 1977. AMC was acquired by Chrysler (Dodge's parent) in 1987.
A car purported to be a Dodge Hornet test vehicle was photographed in September of 2011. The car is now a traditional sedan/hatchback based on the Alfa Romeo Giulietta, an altogether different platform from the concept vehicle.
- ^ "Hornet Now A Possibility For Chrysler". Auto Trends. http://www.autotrends.org/hornet-now-a-possibility-for-chrysler/. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
- ^ "2012 Dodge Hornet and the 2006 Dodge Hornet concept cars". Allpar.com. http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/dodge/hornet.html. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- ^ a b Wernie, Bradford (16 June 2008). "Chrysler's Nissan car likely will be a Dodge Hornet". Automotive News 82 (6312): 6.
- ^ "Future Chrysler, Fiat and Alfa Romeo Models Revealed". LeftLaneNews. http://www.leftlanenews.com/future-chrysler-fiat-and-alfa-romeo-models-revealed.html. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- ^ "Chrysler pre-2012 new releases and 2012 Dodge vehicle lineup". Insideline.com. 2011-05-03. http://www.insideline.com/chrysler/chrysler-hints-at-future-products.html. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- ^ Franney, James (July 12, 2007). Chrysler takes full control of Tritec: BMW transfers 50% stake in Brazilian engine plant. Automotive News Europe. http://www.autonews.com/article/20070712/ANE01/307120003. Retrieved 2008-07-31
- ^ "BMW Sells Stake in Tritec Plant (Updated)". MotoringFile. http://motoringfile.com/2007/07/12/bmw-sells-stake-in-tritec-plant/#comment-140411. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
- ^ "Dodge Caliber's Alfa Romeo-based replacement spotted wearing crosshairs". 2011-09-23. http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/23/dodge-calibers-alfa-romeo-based-replacement-spotted-wearing-cro/. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
Cars: Vans / SUVs: Trucks: Motorcycles:
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dodge — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Para otros usos de este término, véase Dodge (satélite). Dodge Tipo División Fundación 1914 Oficinas … Wikipedia Español
Dodge — Тип Дочернее общество компании … Википедия
Dodge Dart (2013) — Эта статья об автомобиле 2013 года. Об оригинальном Dart 1960 1976 годов см. Dodge Dart. Dodge Dart … Википедия
Hornet (disambiguation) — A hornet is an insect. It may also mean:Insects: * a colloquial term for an American wasp, for example the Bald faced hornet, White faced hornet or Cicada killer wasp.Ships: *HMS Hornet , any of ten ships of the Royal Navy *USS Hornet , any of… … Wikipedia
Dodge Tomahawk — Manufacturer Dodge Parent company Chrysler Production 9 units total … Wikipedia
Dodge Sidewinder — Dodge Sidewinder(Also called Dodge Dakota Sidewinder Convertible) Manufacturer Chrysler Corporation Also called Dodge Dakota Sidewinder Production Exhibited 1997, never produced … Wikipedia
Dodge Deora — Manufacturer Chrysler Corporation (Dodge) Production 1967 Predecessor none (it was a concept car never in production) Successor none (it was a concept car never in production) Class … Wikipedia
Dodge T-Rex — Manufacturer Dodge Production 7 units total Class concept vehicle Engine … Wikipedia
Dodge Razor — The Dodge Razor was a concept car created by American car manufacturer Dodge. It was first introduced at the 2002 North American International Auto Show. The Razor was a partnership between Dodge and scooter manufacturer Razor, who were… … Wikipedia
Dodge MAXXcab — The Dodge MAXXcab is a four door sport utility pickup truck concept car developed by Dodge. Unveiled at the 2000 Detroit Auto Show, it was billed by Dodge as a Passenger Priority Truck . It shares styling cues from other vehicles in the Dodge and … Wikipedia