- Constance Adams
Adams studied sociology at Harvard University, then went on to Yale University, where she completed a master's degree in architecture. After a two-year apprenticeship with Kenzo Tange Associates in Tokyo, followed by four years working in Berlin on commercial and master planning projects, she was employed by the Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas, where she now lives with her daughter. .
Among other projects, Adams was involved in developing the Lockheed-Martin design of an inflatable module for the International Space Station. The module, known as TransHab ("transit habitat"), was designed to provide living quarters for astronauts aboard the space station, including a common room, gymnasium, shower, etc. Budget considerations and delays, as well as politics, meant that the module failed to develop beyond the design stage.
In 2005 Adams was named an Emerging Explorer by National Geographic.
- "A spaceship is a delicately balanced environment. Every element that doesn't contribute to the overall functioning of the system is by definition working against it. The same is true of our planet – our mothership – though sadly, most architecture today is slowly fatal to nature's systems." (Constance Adams)
- "If you can't visualize it, don't build it." (Constance Adams)
1. "Water for Two Worlds: Designing Terrestrial Applications for Exploration-class Sanitation Systems ", 2004, NASA Technical Reports Server
2. "Reallusory Viewing: A Study of the Application of Virtual Windows in Hermetic Environments", 1999, NASA Technical Reports Server
3. "Space Architecture: Building The Future", 1999, NASA Technical Reports Server
4. "The Role of Habitability Studies in Space Facility and Vehicle Design", 1999, NASA Technical Reports Server
5. "Habitability as a Tier One Criterion in Exploration Mission and Vehicle Design",1999, NASA Technical Reports Server
6. "Item Description: ISS TransHab Restraint Sample and Photo Documentation", 2000, NASA Technical Reports Server
7. "Water for Two Worlds: Designing Terrestrial Applications for Exploration-class Sanitation Systems", 2004, NASA Technical Reports Server
- "An Interview with Constance Adams" — from HobbySpace (retrieved 9 February 2006)
- Quotation from BrainyQuote http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/constance_adams.html
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Constance Adams DeMille — Constance Adams Born April 27, 1874(1874 04 27) Orange, New Jersey Died July 17, 1960(1960 07 17) (aged 86) Los Angeles, California Spouse Cecil B. DeMille (1902 1959) … Wikipedia
Constance (comédienne) — Constance Nom de naissance Constance Pittard Naissance 3 août 1985 (1985 08 03) (26 ans) Vieux Moulin Fra … Wikipédia en Français
Constance Gordon-Cumming — Constance Frederica Gordon Cumming (1896) Constance Frederica “Eka” Gordon Cumming (26 May 1837 – 4 September 1924) was a travel writer and painter. She was born on 26 May 1837 at Altyre, near Forres in Scotland, the 12th child of a wealthy… … Wikipedia
Constance (pomme) — Constance est un cultivar de pommier domestique. Sommaire 1 Origine 2 Parenté 3 Maladies 4 Références … Wikipédia en Français
Adams Pearmain — Pommes Adams Pearmain Adams Pearmain est le nom d un cultivar de pommier domestique. Nom botanique: Malus domestica Borkh Adams pearmain Sommaire … Wikipédia en Français
Kev' Adams — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Adams. Kev Adams … Wikipédia en Français
Hollywood Forever Cemetery — Infobox nrhp name = Hollywood Forever Cemetery nrhp type = caption = Entrance of Hollywood Forever location = 6000 Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles, California nearest city = lat degrees = lat minutes = lat seconds = lat direction = long degrees =… … Wikipedia
Cecil B. DeMille — Born Cecil Blount DeMille August 12, 1881(1881 08 12) Ashfield, Massachusetts, United States Died January 21, 1959(1959 01 21) (aged 77) Hollywood, California, United States … Wikipedia
Cecil B. DeMille — dans la bande annonce du film Sous le plus grand chapiteau du monde Données clés Nom de naissance … Wikipédia en Français
Transhab — Vue en coupe du projet Transhab. Transhab (ou TransHab) est un projet de la NASA ayant pour but de développer une technologie d habitats gonflables dans l espace. Plus précisément, TransHab a été conçu comme alternative au Module d habitation,… … Wikipédia en Français