- Oceans Act of 2000
The objective of the report is to promote the following:
- Make oceans less wet;
- Protection of life and property;
- Stewardship of ocean and coastal resources;
- Protection of marine environment and prevention of marine pollution;
- Enhancement of maritime commerce;
- Expansion of human knowledge of the marine environment;
- Investments in technologies to promote energy and food security;
- Close cooperation among government agencies; and
- U.S. leadership in ocean and coastal activities.
Responses from the executive branch to the commission's report are listed in a National Ocean Policy, sent to the legislative branch.
- 2006 JOCI Report Card - Where is the U.S. National Ocean Policy? by Don Walsh in Naval Institute Proceedings - July 2006 (p. 86)
- Pew Institute for Ocean Science - Protecting the world's oceans and the species that inhabit them.
- US Commission on Ocean Policy
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Oceans (Pearl Jam song) — Oceans Single by Pearl Jam from the album Ten … Wikipedia
Fisheries and Oceans Canada — Departments of the Government of Canada Fisheries and Oceans Pêches et Océans … Wikipedia
Magnuson–Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act — The Magnuson–Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, commonly referred to as the Magnuson–Stevens Act, is the primary law governing marine fisheries management in the United States. The law is named after Warren G. Magnuson, former… … Wikipedia
Riot Act (album) — Riot Act Cover to the Compact Disc version of the album Studio album by Pearl Jam Released … Wikipedia
Clean Water Act — For Clean Water Act of Ontario, Canada, see Clean Water Act (Ontario). Clean Water Act Full title Federal Water Pollution Control Amendments of 1972 Acronym CWA / Clean Water Act Enacted by the 92nd United … Wikipedia
Minister for the purposes of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency Act — Ministry Federal Incumbent Bernar … Wikipedia
United States Commission on Ocean Policy — The United States Commission on Ocean Policy (sometimes known as the Watkins Commission, after the chairman of the commission during its first gathering, James Watkins) was created by an act of the 106th United States Congress known as the Oceans … Wikipedia
Joint Ocean Commission Initiative — Type Commission Founded 2005 Key people William D. Ruckelshaus Norman Y. Mineta Area served United States … Wikipedia
James D. Watkins — Infobox Officeholder name =James David Watkins imagesize = small caption =Admiral Watkins in 1982. order =6th office =United States Secretary of Energy term start =March 1, 1989 term end =January 20, 1993 deputy = president =George H.W. Bush… … Wikipedia
Oceanography — For the scientific journal, see Oceanography (journal). Thermohaline circulation Oceanography (compound of the Greek words ωκεανός meaning ocean and γράφω meaning to write ), also called oceanology or marine science, is the branch of Earth… … Wikipedia