- Metal Health (song)
"Metal Health" Single by Quiet Riot from the album Metal Health Released 1983 Format 12" and 7" vinyl Recorded 1982 Genre Heavy metal Length
- 5:17 (Album Version)
- 4:16 (Single Edit)
Label Pasha Writer(s) Kevin DuBrow, Carlos Cavazo, Frankie Banali Producer Spencer Proffer Quiet Riot singles chronology "Cum on Feel the Noize" "Metal Health" "Mama Weer All Crazee Now"
"Metal Health", sometimes listed as "Metal Health (Bang Your Head)"; "Bang Your Head"; or, as it was listed on the Billboard Hot 100, "Bang Your Head (Metal Health)," is a song by American heavy metal band Quiet Riot on their breakthrough album of the same name. The song is one of their best known hits and received constant MTV music video and radio play. "Metal Health" was the band's second Top 40 hit, peaking at #31 on the Billboard Hot 100. It was ranked #35 on VH1's Top 40 Metal Songs.
The song talks about the headbanging subculture. Because of this, the song caught the attention of many heavy metal fans upon its release. The single contained both the studio-recorded version and a live version, which was later released on Quiet Riot's Greatest Hits.
Use in other media
- The song is featured on the in-game radio for the video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, which takes place in 1984.
- It was featured in the 1984 dance film Footloose, as well its 2011 remake.
- The song is also featured on the PlayStation 2 video game Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s; however, it does not feature the main guitar solo.
- A cover version[by whom?] is the theme song for the video game Showdown: Legends of Wrestling.
- Professional wrestler Nova used this song as his theme in ECW
- This song was also played in an episode of the television show Supernatural called Hook Man.
- In the 2008 film The Wrestler, this song is used as the opening credits and the entrance theme for Randy "The Ram" Robinson (Mickey Rourke).
- This song is used in the 2008 film Babylon A.D. with Vin Diesel. The song is played while the tanks are driving.
- An excerpt of the song is used in the opening scenes of the film Crank. It also appears on the CD soundtrack.
- This song is spoofed on "Weird Al" Yankovic's polka medley "Hooked on Polkas".
- Professional Wrestler Necro Butcher uses this song as his theme in Wrecking Ball Wrestling.
Quiet Riot Studio albums live and compilations DVDs Related Articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Metal Health — Studio album by Quiet Riot Released March 11, 1983 August 28, 2001 (Bonus trac … Wikipedia
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops — Developer(s) Konami Computer Entertainment Japan / Kojima Productions … Wikipedia
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater — North Amer … Wikipedia
Metal Church — This article is about heavy metal band. For their self titled album, see Metal Church (Metal Church album). For the album by Wayne, see Metal Church (Wayne album). Metal Church Metal Church guitarists Jay Reynolds (left) and Kurdt Vanderhoof… … Wikipedia
Metal Warriors — This article is about the video game. For the song, see The Triumph of Steel. Metal Warriors Developer(s) LucasArts Publisher(s) Konami Engine ZAMN … Wikipedia
Heavy metal music — Heavy metal Stylistic origins Blues rock, psychedelic rock Cultural origins Late 1960s, United Kingdom and United States Typical instruments Electric guitar • bass guitar • drums • vocals • keyboards … Wikipedia
1983 in heavy metal music — This is a timeline documenting the events of heavy metal in the year 1983. Newly formed bands * Alcatrazz * Bathory * Bon Jovi * Death * Excel (known as Chaotic Noise until 1985) * Fastway * Fates Warning * Helloween * Keel * Living Colour *… … Wikipedia
Cronología de la música heavy metal — Anexo:Cronología de la música heavy metal Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Esta es una cronología de la música heavy metal, desde sus inicios a mediados de la década de los 60 hasta la actualidad. 1962 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972… … Wikipedia Español
Glam metal — Infobox Music genre name = Glam metal color = white bgcolor = #BB0022 subgenrelist white stylistic origins= Heavy metal Glam rock Hard rock Pop rock cultural origins = Early 1980s at the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles, United States and England… … Wikipedia
Chronologie du metal — Cette chronologie détaille la formation et l évolution des différents groupes musicaux classifiés metal, soit l ensemble des genres musicaux faisant partie ou découlant du hard rock et/ou du heavy metal. Elle inclut également des groupes de rock… … Wikipédia en Français