- Marion Nestle
Marion Nestle, Ph.D., M.P.H., is the Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health at New York University, in the department that she chaired from 1988 through 2003. Her degrees include a Ph.D. in molecular biology and an M.P.H. in public health nutrition, both from the University of California, Berkeley. She is also Professor of Sociology at NYU and Visiting Professor of Nutritional Sciences at Cornell University.
Nestle received her BA from UC Berkeley, Phi Beta Kappa, after attending school there from 1954-1959. She did postdoctoral work in Biochemistry and Developmental Biology at Brandeis University and joined the faculty in Biology. From 1976 to 1986, she was Associate Dean for Human Biology and taught nutrition at the UCSF School of Medicine. From 1986-88, she was senior nutrition policy advisor in the Department of Health and Human Services and editor of The Surgeon General’s Report on Nutrition and Health. She is chair of the Council on Nutrition Policy of the National Association for Public Health Policy. Her research examines scientific and socioeconomic influences on food choice, obesity, and food safety, emphasizing the role of food marketing.  She is the author of numerous articles in professional publications and is author or co-author of seven books.
- Nutrition in Clinical Practice. Greenbrae, California: Jones Medical Publications. 1985. ISBN 9780930010119.
- Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition and Health. Berkeley: University of California Press. 2002. ISBN 9780520240674.
- Safe Food: Bacteria, Biotechnology, and Bioterrorism. Berkeley: University of California Press. 2003. ISBN 9780520232921.
- What to Eat. New York: North Point Press (Farrar, Straus and Giroux). 2006. pp. 611. ISBN 9780865477384.
- Pet Food Politics : The Chihuahua in the Coal Mine. Berkeley: University of California Press. 2008. pp. 219. ISBN 9780520257818.
- Safe Food: The Politics of Food Safety (Updated and expanded. ed.). Berkeley: University of California Press. 2010. ISBN 9780520266063.
- Feed Your Pet Right (1st Free Press trade pbk. ed. ed.). New York: Free Press/Simon & Schuster. 2010. pp. 376. ISBN 9781439166420.
- ^ "Marion Nestle - Faculty Bio". New York University. http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/faculty_bios/view/Marion_Nestle. Retrieved March 29, 2011.
- ^ "Interview with Marion Nestle". Big Think. January 14, 2009. http://bigthink.com/marionnestle.
- ^ "Interview: Marion Nestle". PBS Frontline. December 10, 2003. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/diet/interviews/nestle.html.
- ^ "About Marion Nestle". foodpolitics.com. http://www.foodpolitics.com/about/. Retrieved March 29, 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Marion Nestle — Ph.D., M.P.H., es profesora Paulette Goddard de Nutrición, Estudios de Alimentación y Salud Pública en la New York University, ocupando el departamento de desde 1988 hasta 2003. Ha ganado bastante reputación debido a una serie de libros dedicado … Wikipedia Español
Nestle (Begriffsklärung) — Nestle oder Nestlé bezeichnet: den Lebensmittelkonzern Nestlé den Hersteller von Heimtiernahrung Nestlé Purina PetCare den Buchpreis Nestlé Smarties Book Prize das nach seinen Herausgebern als Nestle Aland benannte Novum Testamentum Graece Nestle … Deutsch Wikipedia
Paleolithic diet — This article is about a modern nutritional approach. For information on the dietary practices of Paleolithic humans, see Paleolithic#Diet and nutrition. Paleolithic style dish: seafood stew The modern dietary regimen known as the Paleolithic diet … Wikipedia
Corporate Accountability International — (formerly INFACT) is a non profit organization, founded in 1977. Their campaign headquarters are in Boston, Massachusetts and they have offices in Oakland, California, Seattle, Washington, and Bogotá, Colombia. Currently their most prominent… … Wikipedia
Food — For other uses, see Food (disambiguation). Part of a series on … Wikipedia
University of California, Berkeley — Seal of the University of California, Berkeley Motto Latin: Fiat Lux Motto in English Let There Be Light … Wikipedia
Neal D. Barnard — Neal Barnard Born Fargo, North Dakota Nationality American Education M.D. Alma mater George Washington University School of Medicine Occupation … Wikipedia
Chicken McNuggets — 10 piece McNuggets Nutritional value per serving Serving size 10 pieces (159 g) Energy 485 kcal (2,030 kJ) … Wikipedia
Peter Menzel — Peter J. Menzel (born 7 Feb 1948, in Hartford, Conn.) is an American freelance photojournalist best known for his coverage of scientific and technological subjects. His work has appeared in many national and international publications including… … Wikipedia
Kelly D. Brownell — Infobox Scientist image width = 150px name = Kelly D. Brownell birth date = 1951 birth place = Indiana death date = death place = residence = citizenship = flagicon|USA American nationality = ethnicity = Caucasian field = Epidemiology, psychology … Wikipedia