Maverick or Maverik may refer to:
- Maverick (animal), an unbranded range animal, derived from U.S. cattleman Samuel Maverick (see below)
- MaverickCrunch, a floating point math coprocessor core intended for digital audio
- Maverick Framework, a model-view-controller framework for Java
- Maverick.NET, a Maverick port from Java to C#
- Maverick Meerkat, a version of Ubuntu (10.10)
Film and television
- Maverick (TV series), an American western series starring James Garner and Jack Kelly
- Maverick (film), a 1994 film based on the television series, starring Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster, and James Garner
- Maverick, the callsign of the main character, played by Tom Cruise, in the film Top Gun
- Maverick (Mega Man), characters in the Mega Man X video game series
- Maverick (pinball), a game based on the 1994 film
- Maverick (book), an autobiography by Ricardo Semler
- Maverick (comics), a comic-book imprint, series, and several characters
- Maverick (magazine), a defunct South African business magazine
- Maverick (George Thorogood and the Destroyers album)
- Maverick (Hank Williams, Jr. album)
- Maverick (soundtrack), a soundtrack album from the 1994 film
- "Maverick" (song), by D'espairsRay
- "Mavericks", a song by Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker
- The Mavericks, a country music band
- Fender Maverick, a guitar
Organizations and products
- Maverick (chocolate), a discontinued chocolate bar manufactured by Nestle in the UK
- Maverick (cigarette), a brand of cigarettes manufactured by Lorillard Tobacco Company
- Maverick (entertainment company), an American entertainment company with several divisions:
- Maverick Entertainment Group, a film distributor
- Maverik Lacrosse, an American lacrosse equipment and apparel company
- Mossberg Maverick, a shotgun model
- Maverick, a brand of jeans owned by VF Corporation
- Maverick REV-6, a Nerf toy gun
- Kurd Maverick, Kurdish-German producer and DJ
- Mary Maverick (1818–1898 ), Texas pioneer and memoirist
- Maury Maverick (1895–1954), US congressman from Texas, who coined the word "gobbledygook"
- Maury Maverick, Jr. (1921–2003), Texas politician, activist and columnist
- Samuel Maverick (1803–1870), Texas cattleman from whom the term maverick originated
- Samuel Maverick (apprentice), a young man killed in the Boston Massacre
- Samuel Maverick (colonist) (1602–1670), English colonist in Massachusetts
- Maverick Matt, ring name of Matt Bentley, American professional wrestler
- Maverick Sabre (b. 1991), English singer-songwriter and rapper
- Maverick (MBTA station), a subway station in Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
- Mavericks (location), a famous surfing location in Northern California, U.S.
- Maverick County, Texas, U.S.
- Maverick Theater, a storefront theater in Fullerton, California, U.S.
- Maverik Center, a multi-purpose arena in West Valley City, Utah, U.S.
- Calgary Mavericks, a Canadian rugby union team from Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Clermont Mavericks, a wood bat collegiate summer baseball league team in Clermont, Florida, U.S.
- Dallas Mavericks, an NBA basketball team from Dallas, Texas, U.S.
- Denver Mavericks, a defunct minor league ice hockey team in Denver, Colorado, U.S.
- High Desert Mavericks, a minor league baseball team in Adelanto, California, U.S.
- Houston Mavericks, a defunct American Basketball Association team in Houston, Texas, U.S.
- Mid-Missouri Mavericks, a minor league baseball team from Columbia, Missouri, U.S.
- Missouri Mavericks, a Central Hockey League team from Independence, Missouri, U.S.
- Mönchengladbach Mavericks, an American football club from Mönchengladbach, Germany
- Nebraska–Omaha Mavericks, the sports teams of the University of Nebraska at Omaha, U.S.
- Portland Mavericks, a defunct minor league baseball team in Portland, Oregon, U.S
- Potomac Mavericks, a professional inline hockey team in Chantilly, Virginia, U.S.
- Tucson Mavericks a defunct minor league ice hockey team in Tucson, Arizona, U.S.
- UT Arlington Mavericks, the sports teams of the University of Texas at Arlington, U.S.
- Yakima Mavericks, a minor league football team from Yakima, Washington, U.S.
- Mavericks, the mascot of Mesa State College in Colorado, U.S.
- Mavericks, the mascot of Minnesota State University, Mankato in Minnesota, U.S.
- Mavericks, the mascot of Moore Catholic High School, in New York, U.S.
- Mavericks, the mascot of McNeil High School, in Austin, U.S.
- Mavericks, the mascot of James Madison High School, in San Antonio, Texas, U.S.
- Mavericks Surf Contest, surf contest held at a surf break known as Mavericks, Half Moon Bay, California, U.S.
- AEA Maverick, a single-seat sportsplane
- Ford Maverick (disambiguation), the name of four different automobiles made by the Ford Motor Company
- SS Maverick, an American oil tanker
- Maverick (roller coaster), at Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio, U.S.
- AGM-65 Maverick, a guided air-to-surface missile
- Maverick (Internal Security Vehicle), Internal armed security vehicle for Peacekeeping forces
- All pages beginning with "Maverick"
- All pages with titles containing "Maverick"
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Maverick — puede referirse a: Contenido 1 Significado 2 NERF 3 Lugares 4 Negocios 5 Cine y televisión … Wikipedia Español
maverick — UK US /ˈmævərɪk/ noun [C] ► a person who thinks and acts in an independent way that is different from what is usual or expected: »She has established a reputation as a maverick. »a maverick businessman/personality/senator … Financial and business terms
Maverick — Mav er*ick, n. In the southwestern part of the united States, a bullock or heifer that has not been branded, and is unclaimed or wild; said to be from Maverick, the name of a cattle owner in Texas who neglected to brand his cattle. [1913 Webster] … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
Maverick — Mav er*ick, v. t. To take a maverick. [Western U. S.] [Webster 1913 Suppl.] … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
maverick — 1867, calf or yearling found without an owner s brand, so called for Samuel A. Maverick (1803 1870), Texas cattle owner who was negligent in branding his calves. Sense of individualist, unconventional person is first recorded 1886, via notion of… … Etymology dictionary
maverick — ► NOUN 1) an unorthodox or independent minded person. 2) N. Amer. an unbranded calf or yearling. ORIGIN from Samuel A. Maverick, a 19th century Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle … English terms dictionary
maverick — ☆ maverick [mav′ər ik, mav′rik ] n. [after S. Maverick (1803 70), Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle] 1. an unbranded animal, esp. a strayed calf 2. Informal a person who takes an independent stand, as in politics, from that of a party or … English World dictionary
Maverick — Maverick, Prozessor des Herstellers Cirrus Logic, der als Codec in Audiogeräten eingesetzt wird, vor allem in MP3 Playern. Er unterstützt neben MP3 auch weitere Audioformate, etwa WMA und AAC … Universal-Lexikon
maverick — [n] person who takes chances, departs from accepted course bohemian, dissenter, extremist, malcontent, nonconformist, radical; concepts 348,423 … New thesaurus
Maverick — Der Begriff Maverick leitet sich vom Namen des Politikers und Rinderzüchters Samuel A. Maverick (1803–1870) ab, der seine Rinder nicht brandmarkte. Daraufhin wurden Rinder ohne Brandzeichen generell als Maverick bezeichnet. Im englischen… … Deutsch Wikipedia