- Repast (modeling toolkit)
The Recursive Porous Agent Simulation Toolkit (Repast) is a widely used free and open-source, cross-platform, agent-based modeling and simulation toolkit. Repast has multiple implementations in several languages and built-in adaptive features such as genetic algorithms and regression.
Repast was originally developed by David Sallach, Nick Collier, Tom Howe, Michael North and others at the
University of Chicago.
* variety of agents and examples
* fully object oriented
* fully concurrent discrete event scheduler
* built-in simulation results logging and graphing tools
* allows users to dynamically access and modify agents and model at run time
* libraries for genetic algorithms, neural networks, etc.
* built-in systems dynamics modeling
* social network modeling tools
* integrated geographical information systems (GIS) support
* implemented in Java, C#, etc.
* supports Java, C#, Managed C++, Visual Basic.Net, Managed Lisp, Managed Prolog, and Python scripting, etc.
* is available on virtually all modern computing platforms
* [http://repast.sourceforge.net/ Repast homepage]
* [http://www.econ.iastate.edu/tesfatsi/repastsg.htm Repast Self-Study Guide]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Repast — may refer to:* A meal * Repast (modeling toolkit), a computer software toolkit * Repast (film), a 1951 film directed by Mikio NaruseRepast a meal that is held by the family after an African American Funeral … Wikipedia
Comparison of agent-based modeling software — In the last few years, the agent based modeling (ABM) community has developed several practical agent based modeling toolkits that enable individuals to develop agent based applications. More and more such toolkits are coming into existence, and… … Wikipedia
PlatBox Project — formally known as Boxed Economy Project is a Multi Agent Based Computer Simulation Software development project founded by Iba Laboratory at Keio University, Japan. The main work of PlatBox Project is to develop PlatBox Simulator and Component… … Wikipedia
Сравнение средств разработки для создания мультиагентных систем — Платформа Основное назначение Лицензия Требуемый язык программирования Требуемая ОС Поддержка пользователя Соответствует ли требованиям FIPA Возможности ГИС Трехмерные возможности ABLE … Википедия
Web-based simulation — The term web based simulation (WBS) emerged in 1996, and is typically used to denote the invocation of computer simulation services over the internet, specifically through a web browser.  Increasingly, the web is being looked upon as… … Wikipedia
NetLogo — Paradigm(s) multi paradigm: educational, procedural, agent based, simulation Appeared in 1999 Designed by Uri Wilensky … Wikipedia