- Richie Rich (comics)
caption=The cover of "Richie Rich" #73 drawn by Warren Kremer.
Little Dot#1, September 1953
Richard "Richie" Rich, Jr. is a
fictional characterthat debuted in Harvey Comics' " Little Dot" #1, cover-dated September, 1953. The first "Richie Rich" comic appeared in November, 1960.
Richie is the only child of fantastically wealthy parents and is the world's richest kid. He lives and works in an expensive mansion and owns at least two of everything money could buy. He appears to be around 7-10 years old, wears a waistcoat with a white shirt with an
Eton collar, which is obscured by a giant red bow tie, and blue shorts. He occasionally attends school in his hometown of Richville. Despite his incredible wealth, Richie is portrayed as kind and charitable.
Arists and writers
Richie Rich's most famous illustrator is
Warren Kremer. Other illustrators included Ernie Colon, Sid Couchey, Dom Sileo, Ben Brown, Steve Muffattiand Joe Dennett.
Writers for the Richie Rich comic books and syndicated comic strip include
Lennie Herman, Stan Kay, and Ralph Newman.
Animated TV series
*In 1980, Richie Rich appeared in his own animated television series, (played by
Sparky Marcus), which shared a time slot with "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo" as " The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show". In the animated version, Richie and his pals are somewhat older, around 12 years old. In the cartoon, Richie wears a red sweater with the letter "R" in front.
*In 1996, the second and most recent Richie Rich animated television series aired in non-network syndication, starring
Katie Leighas the voice of the titular character. The series ran for 13 episodes and portrayed Richie in his "classic" tuxedooutfit.
*A live-action film adaptation was released in 1994, with
Macaulay Culkinas the titular character. It was produced by Silver Pictures Davis Entertainmentand released by Warner Bros.under its Family Entertainment label.
sequel, " Richie Rich's Christmas Wish", followed in 1998. This film starred David Gallagheras Richie Rich.
Other characters from the Richie Rich world
* Mr. Richard Rich Sr.: Richie's father; an industrialist (first appearance "Little Dot" #3)
* Mrs. Regina Rich: Richie's mother (first appearance "Little Dot" #1)
* Gloria Glad: Richie's girlfriend, notorious for her regular refusal of the many luxurious gifts Richie has offered
* Reginald 'Reggie' Van Dough Jr.: Richie's mean prankster cousin (first appearance "Little Dot" #2)
* Reginald Van Dough Sr.: Reggie's father, who is often angered with Reggie's pranks, and often punishes him for them.
* Vanessa Van Dough: Reggie's mother (It was never determined if Vanessa was related to Richie's mother or his father).
* Penny Van Dough: Reggie's baby sister
* Mr. Woody: the incompetent Rich Estate Carpenter
* Mayda Munny: Richie's snobby want-to-be-girlfriend
* Herbert Arthur Runcible Cadbury: the Riches'
* Nurse Jenny: The Rich family nurse; was Richie's nanny when he was a baby
* Dollar, the Dog: the Rich family dog, a "Dollarmatian" (like a Dalmatian, but with dollar signs instead of spots)
* Irona: the Riches'
robotmaid and Richie's bodyguard
* Bascomb: the Riches'
* Chef Pierre: the Riches'
* Professor Keenbean: the head of the Rich
research and developmentdepartment and Richie's personal tutor
* Mr Cheepers: Mr. Rich's accountant
* Freckles and Pee-Wee Friendly: Richie's friends (first appearance "Little Dot" #2)
* Professor Mindblow: Another worker at the research and development department
* Aunt Noovo Rich: Richie's equally wealthy but very eccentric aunt, Mr. Rich's sister (a pun on the French term "
* The Onion: A recurring villain with horrible onion-powered breath capable of knocking victims unconscious with a trademark "hashoo!"
* Dr. Blemish: A recurring villain, an evil genius scientist and arch-nemesis of Prof. Keenbean
Characters who make occasional appearances in the series
Casper the Friendly Ghost
Wendy the Good Little Witch
Comic book titles
* "Richie Rich"
* "Richie Rich Adventure Digest"
* "Richie Rich and..."
* "Richie Rich and Billy Bellhops"
* "Richie Rich and Cadbury"
* "Richie Rich and Casper"
* "Richie Rich and Casper in 3-D"
* "Richie Rich and Dollar"
* "Richie Rich and Little Dot"
* "Richie Rich and Gloria"
* "Richie Rich and His Girlfriends"
* "Richie Rich and Jackie Jokers"
* "Richie Rich and New Kids on the Block"
* "Richie Rich and Professor Keenbean"
* "Richie Rich and Reggie"
* "Richie Rich and Timmy Time"
* "Richie Rich Bank Books"
* "Richie Rich Best of the Years Digest"
* "Richie Rich Big Book"
* "Richie Rich Big Bucks"
* "Richie Rich Billions"
* "Richie Rich Cash"
* "Richie Rich Cash Money"
* "Richie Rich, Casper, and Wendy"
* "Richie Rich Diamonds"
* "Richie Rich Digest"
* "Richie Rich Digest Stories"
* "Richie Rich Digest Winners"
* "Richie Rich Dollars and Cents"
* "Richie Rich Fortunes"
* "Richie Rich Gems"
* "Richie Rich Giant Size"
* "Richie Rich Gold and Silver"
* "Richie Rich Gold Nuggets Digest"
* "Richie Rich Holiday Digest"
* "Richie Rich Inventions"
* "Richie Rich Jackpots"
* "Richie Rich Million Dollar Digest"
* "Richie Rich Millions"
* "Richie Rich Money World"
* "Richie Rich Money World Digest"
* "Richie Rich Movie Adaptation"
* "Richie Rich Profits"
* "Richie Rich Relics"
* "Richie Rich Riches"
* "Richie Rich Success Stories"
* "Richie Rich Summer Bonanza"
* "Richie Rich Treasure Chest Digest"
* "Richie Rich Vacation Digest"
* "Richie Rich Vacation Digest Magazine"
* "Richie Rich Vacation Digest '93 Magazine"
* "Richie Rich Vault of Mystery"
* "Richie Rich Zillionz"
Other Rich Little Kids in Comics
*Rollo (in "Nancy")
*Wilbur Van Snobbe (in "
* [http://www.classicmedia.tv/harvey/characters/richie.html Harvey Entertainment]
* [http://www.toonopedia.com/richie.htm Don Markstein's Toonopedia]
* [http://home.att.net/~thft/richie.htm Richie Rich at The Harveyville Fun Times]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Richie Rich — may refer to:*Richie Rich (comics), Harvey Comics comic book character * Richie Rich (1980 TV series), animated television series produced by Hanna Barbera * Richie Rich (1996 TV series), animated television series produced by Harvey… … Wikipedia
Richie Rich — steht für: Richie Rich (Comic), eine Comicfigur von Harvey Comics Richie Rich (Fernsehserie 1980), eine Trickfilmadaption des Comics, von Hanna Barbera Richie Rich (Film) (auch Ri¢hie Ri¢h), eine Verfilmung des Comics mit Macaulay Culkin Richie… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Richie Rich (film) — Richie Rich Données clés Réalisation Donald Petrie Scénario Neil Tolkin et Tom S. Parker Acteurs principaux Macaulay Culkin, Edward Herrmann, Michael McShane, Claudia Schiffer, Christine Ebersole, Jonathan Hyde, John Larroquette Pays d’origin … Wikipédia en Français
Richie Rich (1980 TV series) — Infobox Television show name = Richie Rich caption = Richie Rich and Gloria, in a scene from Hanna Barbera s Richie Rich series. genre = Animation network = ABC first aired = 1980 last aired = 1984 imdb id = 0144065 Richie Rich is an animated… … Wikipedia
Richie Rich (Film) — Filmdaten Deutscher Titel Richie Rich Originaltitel Ri¢hie Ri¢h Produktion … Deutsch Wikipedia
Richie Rich (film) — Infobox Film name = Richie Rich caption = Theatrical release poster imdb id = 0110989 writer = Neil Tolkin, Tom S. Parker starring = Macaulay Culkin Edward Herrmann Michael McShane Claudia Schiffer Christine Ebersole Jonathan Hyde John… … Wikipedia
Richie Rich (1996 TV series) — infobox television show name = Richie Rich caption = Richie Rich, as seen on the show s opening sequence. format = Animated series runtime = 30 minutes creator = Warren Kremer (characters) | starring = Katie Leigh Jeannie Elias Martin Jarvis Rene … Wikipedia
Harvey Comics — Infobox Company company name = Harvey Comics company company type = Comic publisher company slogan = foundation = 1941 founder = Alfred Harvey dissolved = 1994 key people = Alfred Harvey, Robert B. Harvey, Leon Harvey location = industry = Comics … Wikipedia
List of films based on English-language comics — This is a list of films based on English language comics. It includes films that are adaptations of English language comics, and those films whose characters originated in comic books (e.g. Batman is not an adaptation of one particular comic book … Wikipedia
List of live-action films based on cartoons and comics — This is a list of live action movies that were based on cartoons and comics: * Adventures of Captain Marvel (1941) * American Splendor * Annie * (1990) * Batman (1966 film) * Batman (1989 film) * Batman and Robin * Batman Begins * Batman Forever… … Wikipedia