- Hereford and South Herefordshire (UK Parliament constituency)
Hereford and South Herefordshire County constituency for the House of Commons
Boundary of Hereford and South Herefordshire in Herefordshire for the 2010 general election.
Location of Herefordshire within England.
County Herefordshire Electorate 71,352 (December 2010) Current constituency Created 2010 Member of Parliament Jesse Norman (Conservative) Number of members One Created from Hereford, North Herefordshire Overlaps European Parliament constituency West Midlands
Hereford and South Herefordshire is a county constituency of the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. It comprises the city of Hereford and most of south Herefordshire, and elects one Member of Parliament (MP) by the first-past-the-post voting system.
Following a review of parliamentary representation in Herefordshire by the Boundary Commission for England, which took effect at the 2010 general election, the county was allocated two seats. The Hereford and South Herefordshire constituency largely replaced the former Hereford seat, with the remainder of the county covered by the North Herefordshire seat. As well as the city of Hereford, the seat contains the settlements of Golden Valley, Pontrilas and Ross-on-Wye.
The constituency is formed from the following electoral wards:
- Aylestone, Belmont, Central, Golden Valley North, Golden Valley South, Hollington, Kerne Bridge, Llangarron, Penyard, Pontrilas, Ross-on-Wye East, Ross-on-Wye West, St Martins and Hinton, St Nicholas, Stoney Street, Three Elms, Tupsley, Valletts.
Members of Parliament
Election Member  Party 2010 constituency replaced Hereford 2010 Jesse Norman Conservative
Elections in the 2010s
This constituency was contested for the first time at the 2010 general election.
General Election 2010: Hereford and South Herefordshire  Party Candidate Votes % ±% Conservative Jesse Norman 22,366 46.2 +5.2 Liberal Democrat Sarah Carr 19,885 41.1 -2.3 Labour Philippa Roberts 3,506 7.2 -3.0 UKIP Valentine Smith 1,638 3.4 +1.2 BNP John Oliver 986 2.0 +2.0 Majority 2,481 5.1 Turnout 48,381 67.7 +1.6 Conservative gain from Liberal Democrat Swing +3.8
Notes and references
- ^ "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. http://www.boundarycommissionforengland.org.uk/electoral-figures/electoral-figures.htm. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- ^ Fifth periodical report - Volume 4 Mapping for the Non-Metropolitan Counties and the Unitary Authorities, The Stationery Office, 26 February 2007, ISBN 0101703228, http://www.official-documents.gov.uk/document/cm70/7032/7032_iv.asp
- ^ Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "H" (part 2)
- ^ "Five candidates nominated to stand in Hereford and South Herefordshire". Herefordshire Council. 2010-04-21. http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/council_gov_democracy/news/45653.asp. Retrieved 2010-05-05.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
North Herefordshire (UK Parliament constituency) — North Herefordshire County constituency for the House of Commons Boundary of North Herefordshire in Herefordshire … Wikipedia
Hereford (UK Parliament constituency) — UK constituency infobox Name = Hereford Map1 = Hereford Map2 = Herefordshire Type = County Year = 1295 Entity = Herefordshire County = Herefordshire EP = West Midlands MP = Paul Keetch Party = Liberal DemocratHereford is a constituency of the… … Wikipedia
Mid Worcestershire (UK Parliament constituency) — Mid Worcestershire County constituency for the House of Commons Boundary of Mid Worcestershire in Worcestershire … Wikipedia
Leominster (UK Parliament constituency) — UK constituency infobox alt2 Name = Leominster Map1 = Leominster Map2 = Herefordshire Type = County Year = 1295 Entity = Herefordshire Entitylink = Herefordshire and part of Worcestershire County = Herefordshire, Worcestershire EP = West Midlands … Wikipedia
Nuneaton (UK Parliament constituency) — Nuneaton County constituency for the House of Commons Boundary of Nuneaton in Warwickshire … Wikipedia
Coventry South (UK Parliament constituency) — Coventry South Borough constituency for the House of Commons Boundary of Coventry South in West Midlands … Wikipedia
Newcastle-under-Lyme (UK Parliament constituency) — Newcastle under Lyme Borough constituency for the House of Commons Boundary of Newcastle under Lyme in Staffo … Wikipedia
North Warwickshire (UK Parliament constituency) — North Warwickshire County constituency for the House of Commons Boundary of North Warwickshire in Warwickshir … Wikipedia
Meriden (UK Parliament constituency) — Meriden County constituency for the House of Commons Boundary of Meriden in the West Midlands for the 2007 general election … Wikipedia
North Shropshire (UK Parliament constituency) — NorthShropshire County constituency for the House of Commons Boundary of NorthShropshire in Shropshire … Wikipedia