- National Grid
National Grid can refer to:
Electric power transmission systems
- National Grid (Great Britain), the electricity transmission network of Great Britain.
- National Grid (Malaysia), the electricity transmission network of Malaysia.
- National Grid (New Zealand), the electricity transmission network of New Zealand.
- National Grid plc, a United Kingdom-based utilities company with an important subsidiary in the United States
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
- National grid reference system, also known as Spatial referencing systems, a geospatial set of coordinates that are set by governments to set maps and other geographic tools with
- National Grid for Learning, a former UK government-funded educational programme
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
National Grid — Rechtsform Aktiengesellschaft ISIN GB00B08SNH34 Gründung … Deutsch Wikipedia
National Grid — Création 1990 modifier … Wikipédia en Français
National Grid — n the National Grid the system of electricity lines across Britain … Dictionary of contemporary English
national grid — noun The grid (qv) of power lines in, or of lines on maps of, Great Britain • • • Main Entry: ↑nation … Useful english dictionary
national grid — ► NOUN Brit. 1) the network of high voltage power lines between major power stations. 2) the metric system of geographical coordinates used in maps of the British Isles … English terms dictionary
National Grid (UK) — The National Grid is the high voltage electric power transmission network in Great Britain, connecting power stations and major substations and ensuring that electricity generated anywhere in Great Britain can be used to satisfy demand elsewhere … Wikipedia
national grid — n [sing] 1. the network of equipment that supplies electricity all over England, Scotland and Wales. 2. the system of horizontal and vertical lines that is used on British Ordnance Survey maps to divide the country into squares so that the… … Universalium
national grid — noun An electricity transmission network servicing a whole country … Wiktionary
national grid — countrywide network of electrical lines … English contemporary dictionary
national grid — noun Brit. 1》 the network of high voltage power lines between major power stations. 2》 the metric system of geographical coordinates used in maps of the British Isles … English new terms dictionary