Mainline, Main line, or Main Line may refer to:
- Main line (railway), the principal artery of a railway system
- Main Line of Public Works, a railroad and canal system in Pennsylvania
- Main Line (Long Island Rail Road), Long Island City to Greenport
- Main Line (NJ Transit), formerly part of the Erie Railroad, Hoboken to Suffern
- SEPTA Main Line, shared segment to Glenside
- South Line, Tasmania, Australia, also called the Main Line
- Mainline (flight), an airline carrier's non-regional service
- A toll road system where all vehicles stop at various locations on the highway to pay a toll
- Philadelphia Main Line, a collection of suburbs of Philadelphia
- Mainline Protestant, a group of Christian church denominations
- BitTorrent (software), nicknamed mainline by developers denoting its official origins
- McKenna Mendelson Mainline, a seminal Canadian blues band
- "Mainline", a song by KISS on their 1974 album Hotter Than Hell
- Midland Mainline, a defunct UK train operating company
- Mainline Freight, a UK railfreight company
- First South Yorkshire, formerly "Mainline" (1993-1998), a large bus operator in South Yorkshire, England
- Mainline, a model railway models company now owned by Bachmann.
- Mainliner (disambiguation)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Mainline — Church ist in den Vereinigten Staaten eine Bezeichnung für protestantische Kirchen mit moderater Theologie, die offen sind für neue Ideen und gesellschaftliche Veränderungen, ohne ihre historische Basis und Tradition des christlichen Glaubens… … Deutsch Wikipedia
mainline — main line (m[=a]n l[imac]n ) v. t. 1. to inject (illegal drugs) into the vein; as, he preferred to mainline heroin rather than sniff coke. [WordNet 1.5] … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
mainline — (v.) also main line, 1934, from MAIN LINE (Cf. main line) in Amer.Eng. slang sense principal vein into which drugs can be injected (1933) … Etymology dictionary
mainline — ☆ mainline [mān′līn΄] n. the principal road, course, etc. adj. having a principal, prominent, or moderate position or status vt. mainlined, mainlining Slang to inject (a narcotic drug) directly into a large vein mainliner n … English World dictionary
mainline — [[t]me͟ɪnlaɪn[/t]] mainlines, mainlining, mainlined 1) ADJ: ADJ n A mainline railway is a major railway between two important places. ...the first mainline railway to be built in Britain for almost a hundred years... All of London s mainline… … English dictionary
mainline — I UK [ˈmeɪnˌlaɪn] / US adjective 1) on a main line a mainline station 2) mainly American relating to the most common way of doing things or thinking about things the mainline Protestant churches II UK [ˈmeɪnˌlaɪn] / US verb… … English dictionary
mainline — main|line1 [ meın,laın ] adjective 1. ) relating to the most common way of doing things or thinking about things: the mainline Protestant churches 2. ) on a main line: a mainline station mainline main|line 2 [ meın,laın ] verb intransitive or… … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
mainline — /mayn luyn , luyn /, v., mainlined, mainlining, adj. v.i. Slang. 1. to inject a narcotic, esp. heroin, directly into a vein. 2. to use or enjoy something without restriction: to mainline on TV movies. v.t. Slang. 3. to inject (a narcotic, esp.… … Universalium
mainline — main|line1 [ˈmeınlaın] adj [only before noun] accepted by or involving most people in a society = ↑mainstream ▪ They explicitly denied that they are involved in mainline politics. mainline 2 mainline2 v [I and T] informal to ↑inject an illegal… … Dictionary of contemporary English
mainline — I. Date: 1938 transitive verb slang to take by or as if by injecting into a principal vein intransitive verb slang to mainline a narcotic drug II. adjective Date: 1941 being part of an established group; also being in the mainstream … New Collegiate Dictionary