- Management effectiveness
- Conflict management, or how well management is able to utilize confrontation and collaboration skills; management's ability to be flexible and appeal to common interests.
- Consideration, or how well managers seek to understand and appreciate others' values; and not merely as a means to a business goal.
- Delegation, or how well management gives assignments and communicates instructions to members of the organization
- Execution, or how well management's plans are carried out by members of the organization
- Leadership, or how effectively management communicates and translates the vision and strategy of the organization to the members
- Motivation, how management attempts to understand the needs of others and inspires them to perform. Motivation focuses on how performance is rewarded rather than how failure is punished.
- Return on investment, or how well management utilizes the resources (financial, physical, and human) of the organization to bring an acceptable return to shareholders
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Management development — is best described as the process from which managers learn and improve their skills not only to benefit themselves but also their employing organizations. In organisational development (OD), the effectiveness of management is recognised as one … Wikipedia
Management Development — is best described as the process from which managers learn and improve their skills not only to benefit themselves but also their employing organisations. [Cannell.M. Management Development factsheet. London. CIPD (November 2004 rev 2007) ] In… … Wikipedia
Effectiveness — is the capability of producing a desired effect (i.e. result). When something is deemed effective (adjective), it means it has an intended or expected outcome, or produces a deep, vivid impression. “The effectiveness of the advertisement was… … Wikipedia
Management of schizophrenia — depends largely on medications and on psychosocial interventions. No single approach is widely considered effective for all patients, though in the United States and most Western countries, psychiatric medication is often the primary method of… … Wikipedia
Management — in all business and organizational activities is the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively. Management comprises planning, organizing, staffing, leading or… … Wikipedia
Management consulting — indicates both the industry and practice of helping organizations improve their performance primarily through the analysis of existing organizational problems and development of plans for improvement. Organizations hire the services of management … Wikipedia
Management Development Institute — Motto Yogah Karmasu Kaushalam (Sanskrit) from the Gita 2:50 Motto in English Pefection in action is Yoga An act becomes perfect when you do it with all joy and without expecting anything in return … Wikipedia
Management engineering — is a branch of engineering that focuses on optimizing complex processes or systems. It is concerned with the development, improvement, implementation and evaluation of integrated systems of people, money, knowledge, information, equipment, energy … Wikipedia
Management of heart failure — requires a muitimodal approach. It involves a combination of lifestyle modifications, medications, and possibly the use of devices or surgery. Contents 1 Diet and lifestyle measures 1.1 Fluid restriction 2 Pharmacological management … Wikipedia
Management of Crohn's disease — involves first treating the acute symptoms of the disease, then maintaining remission. Treatment initially involves the use of medications to eliminate infections, generally antibiotics, and reduce inflammation, generally aminosalicylate anti… … Wikipedia