- Senior management
Senior management, executive management, or management team is generally a team of individuals at the highest level of organizational management who have the day-to-day responsibilities of managing a company or corporation, they hold specific executive powers conferred onto them with and by authority of the board of directors and/or the shareholders. There are most often higher levels of responsibility, such as a board of directors and those who own the company (shareholders), but they focus on managing the senior or executive management instead of the day-to-day activities of the business. In Project Management, senior management is responsible for authorizing the funding of projects.
They are sometimes referred to, within corporations, as executive management, top management, upper management, higher management, or simply seniors.
A management team is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations (and profitability) of a company. Positions that are commonly considered to be part of that team include the following:
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- – As the top manager, the CEO is typically responsible for the entire operations of the corporation and reports directly to the chairman and board of directors. It is the CEO's responsibility to implement board decisions and initiatives and to maintain the smooth operation of the firm, with the assistance of senior management. Often, the CEO will also be designated as the company's president and will be one of the inside directors on the board (if not the chairman).
- Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- –the COO looks after issues related to marketing, sales, production and personnel. More hands-on than the CEO, the COO looks after day-to-day activities while providing feedback to the CEO. The COO is often referred to as a senior vice president.
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- – Also reporting directly to the CEO, the CFO is responsible for analyzing and reviewing financial data, reporting financial performance, preparing budgets and monitoring expenditures and costs. The CFO is required to present this information to the board of directors at regular intervals and provide this information to shareholders and regulatory bodies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Also usually referred to as a senior vice president, the CFO routinely checks the corporation's financial health and integrity.
- Corporate titles
- List of management topics
- List of marketing topics
- List of economics topics
- List of finance topics
- List of accounting topics
- List of production topics
- List of business law topics
- List of business ethics, political economy, and philosophy of business topics
- List of business theorists
- List of economists
- Executive education
- Business school
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
senior management — ➔ management * * * senior management UK US noun [U] WORKPLACE, MANAGEMENT ► managers at the highest level of a company or organization, considered as a group: »The company s senior management is considering a listing on one of several other stock … Financial and business terms
senior management — aukščiausioji vadovybė statusas T sritis profesijos apibrėžtis Direkcijos vadovybė: prezidentas generalinis direktorius, už svarbiausias sritis atsakingi jo pavaduotojai, generaliniai direktoriai ir įvairių padalinių direktoriai. atitikmenys:… … Lithuanian dictionary (lietuvių žodynas)
Management — in all business and organizational activities is the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively. Management comprises planning, organizing, staffing, leading or… … Wikipedia
Management due diligence — is the process of scientifically evaluating the executives who make up the senior management team(s) prior to the close of a business deal that involves integrating the functions and cultures of two or more companies (private equity buyouts,… … Wikipedia
Management development — is best described as the process from which managers learn and improve their skills not only to benefit themselves but also their employing organizations. In organisational development (OD), the effectiveness of management is recognised as one … Wikipedia
Management process — is a process of planning and controlling the performance or execution of any type of activity, such as: a project (project management process) or a process (process management process, sometimes referred to as the process performance measurement… … Wikipedia
management — the role of conducting and supervising a business. Glossary of Business Terms The people who administer a company, create policies, and provide the support necessary to implement the owners business objectives. Bloomberg Financial Dictionary * *… … Financial and business terms
management — man|age|ment W1S1 [ˈmænıdʒmənt] n 1.) [U] the activity of controlling and organizing the work that a company or organization does good/bad management ▪ good management and co operation with staff ▪ a lack of management skills ▪ a management… … Dictionary of contemporary English
management — noun 1 (U) the act or skill of directing and organizing the work of a company or organization: He left the management of the firm to his son. | They sent me on one of those management training courses. | good/bad management: The company s failure … Longman dictionary of contemporary English
Management team — A management team is directly responsible for managing the day to day operations (and profitability) of a company.;Chief Executive Officer (CEO) : – As the top manager, the CEO is typically responsible for the entire operations of the corporation … Wikipedia