- Evan Harris Walker
Evan Harris Walker (1935 – August 17, 2006), was an American physicist.
Born in Franklin, Indiana, Harris received his Ph.D. in physics from the University of Maryland in 1964. He holds over a dozen patents and has published more than a hundred papers in scientific journals.
Walker founded the Walker Cancer Research Institute, a nonprofit organization based in Aberdeen, Maryland, which funds public awareness of the risk of cancer and research for a cure. However, the organization has consistently received poor ratings by charity watchdog organizations. (See External Links.)
Walker promoted the charge that Albert Einstein "stole" special relativity from his first wife, Mileva Marić. (This claim has not been accepted by mainstream historians of science.)[Pais (1994), pp. 1–29; Holton (1996), pp. 177–193; Stachel (2002), p. 26-38; 39-55; Martinez, (2005), pp. 49–56.]
Evan Harris Walker died, aged 70, on August 17, 2006, at Harford Memorial Hospital in Havre de Grace, Maryland.
- "The Physics of Consciousness: The Quantum Mind and the Meaning of Life" by Evan Harris Walker, Ph.D., published in 2000 by Perseus Publishing, ISBN 0-7382-0436-6
- Holton (1996). Einstein, History, and Other Passions. Harvard University Press, pp. 177–193.
- Martinez, A. (2005). "Handling evidence in history: the case of Einstein's Wife". School Science Review, Vol. 86, No. 316 (March 2005), pp. 49–56.
- Pais (1994). Einstein Lived Here. Oxford University Press, pp. 1–29.
- Stachel (2002). Einstein from 'B' to 'Z'. Boston: Bïrkhauser, pp. 26–38; 49-56.
- Consciousness causes collapse
- Quantum mind
- "Walker Cancer Research Institute". Organizational home. http://walkercri.org/index.html. Retrieved February 4, 2006.
- The Charity Navigator rating for the Walker Cancer Research Institute.
- Better Business Bureau notes failure to disclose by the Walker Cancer Research Institute.
- "Evan Harris Walker". Parapsychology Association. http://www.parapsych.org/members/e_h_walker.html. Retrieved February 4, 2006.
- "Student Tribute: Legendary Thinker, Physicist Evan H. Walker, Remembered this Week". Science of Self Club. http://cref.tripod.com. Retrieved August 30, 2006.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Walker Cancer Research Institute — The Walker Cancer Research Institute (WCRI) is a small American cancer research organization consisting of two laboratories located in the states of Florida and Michigan and principle organizational offices in Maryland. WCRI and the affiliated… … Wikipedia
Quantum mysticism — Claims Quantum mechanics can be interpreted according to paranormal, spiritual, or mystical ideas Related scientific disciplines Physics, Psychology Year proposed ca. 1920 Original proponents Niels Bohr, Arthur Eddington … Wikipedia
Meaning of life — This article is about the philosophical concept. For other uses, see Meaning of life (disambiguation). Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going? One of Post Impressionist Paul Gauguin s most famous paintings. The meaning of life… … Wikipedia
Stuart Hameroff — Infobox Scientist box width = 300px name = Stuart Hameroff image size = 300px caption = birth date = July 16, 1947 birth place = Buffalo, New York, USA death date = death place = residence = United States citizenship = nationality = American… … Wikipedia
Deaths in August 2006 — Deaths in 2006 : ← January February March April May June July August September October November December → The following is a list of notable deaths in August 2006. August 2006 31 Mohamed Abdelwahab, 23, Egyptian footballer, suspected heart… … Wikipedia
Time delay toxin activation — (TDTA) belongs to a class of chemotherapy drugs known as High Specificity Anticancer Agents. This is a process for manufacturing and administering chemotherapy drugs in a nontoxic, proto drug form. Then, after a time delay to allow for… … Wikipedia
Quantum biology — is a speculative and interdisciplinary field that seeks to link quantum physics and the life sciences [cite book | last = Tae Chang Kim| first = Eric Chaisson | title = Science, Education and Future Generations| publisher = Taylor Francis Ltd|… … Wikipedia
Mileva Marić — ca. 1903 Mileva Marić (kyrillisch Милева Марић; gelegentlich, besonders auf offiziellen Dokumenten, auch in der ungarischen Schreibweise Mileva Marity; * 19. Dezember 1875 in Titel, Vojvodina, Österreich Ungarn, heute Serbien;… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Controverse Sur La Paternité De La Relativité — Cet article de physique fait partie de la série relativité Avant Einstein … Wikipédia en Français
Controverse sur la paternite de la relativite — Controverse sur la paternité de la relativité Cet article de physique fait partie de la série relativité Avant Einstein … Wikipédia en Français