official_name = Concello de Valdoviño
nickname = Valdoviño
map_caption = Location of Valdoviño within Galicia
subdivision_name = 9
leader_title = Alcalde (
area_magnitude = 1 E7
area_total_km2 = 88.52
population_as_of = 2004
population_total = 6854 (INE)
population_density_km2 = 77.43
Valdoviño coord|43|36|42.33|N|8|09|33.93|W| is a City Council of
Ferrolterrain Northwestern Spainin the Province of A Coruña, in the autonomous community of Galicia. Ferrolterra's population represents the third largest concentration of people in Galicia, and its disperse population exceeds 211,000 ( 2005).
* "Sport port"
Due to its proximity to the
Atlantic Ocean, it could be said that Valdovino does not enjoy extreme oscillation in its weather conditions neither in winter nor in summer. The weather is mild all the year around almost as if we were talking about one only season, and that is very different from what happens in other parts of the Iberian Peninsula. Like the rest of Galicia, it is rainy and beautifully green. Still, the summers tend to be a bit dryer than the winters.
* The granite coast of Valdoviño is full of sizeable sandy beaches, a large
Lagoonand a lighthouseto mark A Frouxeira Point.
Holiday resort and tourism
Altogether, Valdovino, is an area of astonishing beauty, the green landscapes, the wild fauna (Excellent area for
bird watching), the wonderful kilometric beach with miles of gorgeous good quality sand... just wonderful. Not surprisingly, Valdovino, has being a holiday destination from as long as any local can remember, though it was in the 1960s, when the use of the local " camping" and other facilities began to peak, and even today is regarded as one of the best beaches of Galicia and the best of Ferrolterra.
* The area is extraordinary for all sorts of water sports including
windsurfing, fun, body board and surf. Not surprisingly, the beach of Pantin in Valdoviño, Ferrolterrahas been chosen donkey years ago to celebrate the international surf competition " The Ferrolterra Pantin Classic".
Farming, Agricultureand Timberproduction.
Ferrolterrais famous for the "Castles" of the Andradefamily who became very powerful in the area during the Middle Ages.
The "Fragas" of the River Eume National Parkwith its typical Atlantic Forest, and with its unique ecosystem, offers the visitor one of the most beautiful Galician landscapes. (Declared National Parkin 1997).
* [http://www.concellodevaldovino.com/ Official website of the City Council of Valdoviño]
* [http://www.navantia.es/cgi-bin/run.dll/extranet/jsp/home.do?org.apache.struts.action.LOCALE=en NAVANTIA Spanish Company, Leader in Military Shipbuilding]
* [http://www.travelthewondersofspain.com/north.html Green Tourism in Northern Spain 2005]
* [http://www.geocities.com/ferrolhistory/Ferrol_WorldHistory.html Traveller's Guide of Europe: Ferrol c.1919]
* [http://flagspot.net/flags/es~fe.html Ferrol Maritime Province — Registration Ensign 2001]
* [http://web.forodigital.es/uphm/mgl/buques/spanishcivwar.htm Warships of the Spanish Civil War (1936–1939)]
* [http://community.wow.net/300history/03/21.html Damian Cosme de Churruca y Elorza (1761-1805)]
* [http://www.pbenyon.plus.com/Navy_List_1805/Ship_Duties/Off_Port.html Vessels Blockading various French and Spanish ports] — May 1805
* [http://www.clubmontanaferrol.com/miradores.html Website devoted to the art of landscape and nature of Ferrolterra]
* [http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/patino/ Auxiliary Oiler and replenishment ship (Spanish and Dutch project) made in Ferrol 1994]
* [http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/chakrinaruebet/ Offshore Patrol Helicopter Carrier design and made in Ferrol 1997]
* [http://www.offshore-technology.com/projects/texaco/texaco6.html Offshore Technology design and made in Ferrol 2004]
* [http://www.cisgalicia.org/01/03.htm Official web page in Spanish for the C.I.S. — Ferrol]
* [http://asde.scouts-es.net/gs19/index1.html The 19th Group of Boy Scouts of Ferrol since 1920s]
* [http://www.ferrol.es/ Official web page in Galician and Spanish for City Council of Ferrol]
* [http://ferrolterra.org/new/obras/ News page in Spanish for the metropolitan area of Ferrol (i.e., Ferrolterra)]
* [http://www.comarcaferrol.com/ferrol2.htm Informative Council web page in Spanish about Ferrolterra also known as Comarca de Ferrol]
* [http://www.revistanaval.com/ The "Revista Naval" page published in Ferrol in Spanish for the "Armada Española"]
* [http://www.geocities.com/ferrolhistory/Ferrol_Aerial_View_B_2004.html?1122747598687 Aerial Views of Ferrol in North Western Spain 2004]
* [http://www.porto-ferrolsanciprian.com/asp/index.asp?idIdioma=3 Ferrol-San Cibrao Port Authority]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Valdoviño — Bandera … Wikipedia Español
Valdovino — Original name in latin Valdovio Name in other language Santa Eulalia, Valdovino, Valdovio State code ES Continent/City Europe/Madrid longitude 43.6 latitude 8.13333 altitude 161 Population 6838 Date 2012 03 04 … Cities with a population over 1000 database
Valdoviño — ► Mun. de la prov. española de La Coruña; 6 765 h … Enciclopedia Universal
Hotel Valdoviño Express — (Valdoviño,Испания) Категория отеля: 1 звездочный отель Адрес: O Barreiro, Lago, 15551 … Каталог отелей
Valdovinos — es un apellido de origen español. Como tantos otros de la península ibérica, su origen puede ser toponímico, de Valdoviño en Galicia. El significado de sus lexemas puede ser el siguiente: val: valle; do: del y vinos: vinos, lo que probablemente… … Wikipedia Español
Mañón — Concello de Mañón Coat of arms … Wikipedia
Mugardos — Seal … Wikipedia
Ortigueira — City council Orbeiro Beach … Wikipedia
As Pontes de García Rodríguez — Flag … Wikipedia
Monfero — Abbey … Wikipedia