- Kill (album)
Kill Studio album by Cannibal Corpse Released March 21, 2006 Recorded 2005 at Mana Studios in St. Petersburg, Florida Genre Death metal Length 42:10 Label Metal Blade Producer Erik Rutan & Cannibal Corpse Cannibal Corpse chronology The Wretched Spawn
Kill is the tenth studio album by American death metal band Cannibal Corpse, released on March 21, 2006. This release marks the return of guitarist Rob Barrett, who had previously played on The Bleeding and Vile. The European version of the album comes with a live DVD filmed in Strasbourg in 2004 called Hammer Smashed Laiterie. The album was produced at Mana Recording Studios by Hate Eternal guitarist Erik Rutan.
Music videos were produced for the tracks "Make Them Suffer" and "Death Walking Terror".
The album cover is one of the very few Cannibal Corpse album covers to not feature explicit graphic violence. Alex Webster, in an interview, stated that they decided to have the album cover as this because all the band members couldn't agree on a cover for the album. Also he stated that they wanted their fans to focus on their music and not to be distracted by a violent cover. He stated "this time they wanted to do something different."
"The original art that Vince gave us was really cool, but we didn't think it would make the best cover. We decided to use it as interior art, and just have a simple band logo/album title type cover. The main focus of our band should be music anyway, so I don't think it's a big deal that the cover's not a blood soaked scene of carnage the way our others have been. This doesn't mean we won't have more bloody covers in the future though."
Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating About.com  Allmusic  Blabbermouth link Kerrang! Stylus Magazine B+
In the week following its release, Kill became the second Cannibal Corpse album to make an appearance on the Billboard 200 chart, debuting at #170. The album has debuted at #6 in the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart, and #16 in the Billboard Top Independent Albums chart.
The album has also been received quite positively by critics: Allmusic gave it a 3.5 out of 5 rating, stating that "Kill doesn't break any new ground for the veteran sickos, but if it ain't broke don't fix it -- just turn it up louder", while also commenting that the songs are "13 aural assaults that will be welcomed by fans with open mouths"; Stylus Magazine gave it a B+ rating and said that "the songcraft, catchiness, and cohesive energy of Kill make it one of Cannibal Corpse's best albums"; and About.com gave it a 4.5 out of 5 rating, with the only pros being "brutal, devastating death metal" and no cons. Kerrang! magazine in the UK gave the album their top rating, 5 Ks.
The Metal Force also noted that the album "shows no sign of this seminal death metal band slowing down. Kill is every bit as vicious as we've come to expect from Cannibal Corpse over the best part of the last two decades. With Rutan's skilled production and 13 bruising tracks at hand, Cannibal Corpse have delivered a concise and technical slab of death metal which is their strongest in quite some time."
- "The Time to Kill Is Now" (Alex Webster) – 2:03
- "Make Them Suffer" (Paul Mazurkiewicz, Pat O'Brien) – 2:50
- "Murder Worship" (Webster) – 3:56
- "Necrosadistic Warning" (Webster) – 3:28
- "Five Nails Through the Neck" (Webster) – 3:45
- "Purification by Fire" (Mazurkiewicz, O'Brien) – 2:57
- "Death Walking Terror" (Webster) – 3:31
- "Barbaric Bludgeonings" (Rob Barrett) – 3:42
- "The Discipline of Revenge" (Webster) – 3:39
- "Brain Removal Device" (Mazurkiewicz, O'Brien) – 3:14
- "Maniacal" (Webster) – 2:12
- "Submerged in Boiling Flesh" (Mazurkiewicz) – 2:52
- "Infinite Misery" (O'Brien) – 4:01
- "Shredded Humans"
- "Puncture Wound Massacre"
- "Fucked with a Knife"
- "Stripped, Raped, and Strangled"
- "Decency Defied"
- "Vomit the Soul"
- "Unleashing the Bloodthirsty"
- "Pounded into Dust"
- "The Cryptic Stench"
- "They Deserve to Die"
- "Dormant Bodies Bursting"
- "Gallery of Suicide"
- "Pit of Zombies"
- "The Wretched Spawn"
- "Devoured by Vermin"
- "A Skull Full of Maggots"
- "Hammer Smashed Face"
- Cannibal Corpse
- George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher – vocals
- Pat O'Brien – guitar
- Alex Webster – bass
- Rob Barrett – guitar
- Paul Mazurkiewicz – drums
- ^ YouTube - Cannibal Corpse Interview 3 of 4
- ^ Cannibal Corpse interview // Interviews // Features // Lambgoat
- ^ a b Bowar, Chad. "About.com Kill review". About.com. http://heavymetal.about.com/od/cdreviews/gr/cannibalcorpse.htm. Retrieved 2007-03-02.
- ^ a b c Monger, James Christopher. "Allmusic Kill review". Allmusic. http://www.allmusic.com/album/r822173. Retrieved 2007-03-01.
- ^ a b Lee, Cosmo. "Stylus Magazine Kill review". Stylus Magazine. http://www.stylusmagazine.com/reviews/cannibal-corpse/kill.htm. Retrieved 2007-03-01.
- ^ a b c "Cannibal Corpse album chart history". Billboard.com. http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/retrieve_chart_history.do?model.chartFormatGroupName=Albums&model.vnuArtistId=4232&model.vnuAlbumId=762100. Retrieved 2007-03-01.
- ^ The Metal Forge Heavy Metal Music Zine - news, interviews and reviews
Cannibal Corpse Studio albums Live albums EPs Single DemosCannibal Corpse • Created to Kill Box sets Video albums Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Kill (álbum) — Kill Álbum de Cannibal Corpse Publicación 21 de marzo de 2006 Grabación 2005 Género(s) Death metal Duración … Wikipedia Español
Kill (album) — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Kill. Kill Album par Cannibal Corpse Sortie 21 mars 2006 Durée 42:17 Genre … Wikipédia en Français
Dressed to Kill (album) — Dressed to Kill Album par Kiss Sortie 19 mars 1975 Enregistrement Février 1975 Electric Lady Studios New York City Durée 30:21 … Wikipédia en Français
Dressed to Kill (álbum) — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Dressed To Kill (1975) album de Kiss Publicación 19 de marzo, 1975 Grabación Febrero 1975 … Wikipedia Español
Dressed to Kill (album) — Dressed to Kill Studio album by Kiss Released March 19, 1975 … Wikipedia
Dressed to Kill (Album) — Dressed to Kill Studioalbum von Kiss Veröffentlichung 19. März 1975 Label Casablanca Records … Deutsch Wikipedia
Winter Kill (album) — Infobox Album | Name = Winter Kill Type = Album Artist = Slauter Xstroyes Released = 1985 Recorded = 1985 Genre = Epic metal Length = 37.06 Label = Monster Records Producer = Self produced Reviews = Last album = This album = Winter Kill (1985)… … Wikipedia
Hard to Kill (album) — Infobox Album Name = Hard to Kill Type = Album Artist = Gucci Mane Released = October 10, 2006 Recorded = 2006 Genre = Rap Length = N/A Label = Big Cat Records Tommy Boy Ent. Producer = Zaytoven Nitti Cyber Sapp Josh Butler Reviews = Last album … Wikipedia
Dress to Kill (album) — Dress to Kill Studio album by 2Cents Released December 1, 2009 … Wikipedia
Kill — may refer to: Killing, to cause the death of an organism, or the act of doing so. The verb form may also be a general use metaphor, synonymous with to terminate or to finish Kill, a civil parish in Dublin, Ireland Kill (body of water), a creek, a … Wikipedia