- Northamptonshire Police
Area Northamptonshire Size 2,364 Population 640,000 Operations Formed 1966 (merger) HQ Wootton Hall, Northampton Officers 1,400 Divisions 2 (Territorial and Crime and Justice Command) Stations 9 Chief Constable Adrian Lee Website www.northants.police.uk
The force area amounts to 914 square miles (2,370 km2) and has a resident population of 642,708. The force is divided into two Basic Command Units, each headed by a Chief Superintendent: Territorial (which includes uniformed policing) and Crime and Justice Command (which includes CID, Major Crime and Public Protection). Police officer strength amounts to 1,400 officers.
The position of Chief Constable is held by Adrian Lee, who was appointed in October 2009. The Deputy Chief Constable (DCC) is Suzette Davenport, and the two Assistant Chief Constables (ACC) are Andy Frost (Operations) and Martin Jelley (Territorial).
Northamptonshire Constabulary was formed in 1840. On 1 April 1966 it merged with Northampton Borough Police to form Northampton and County Constabulary, becoming Northamptonshire Police from 1 January 1975.
In 1965, Northamptonshire Constabulary had an establishment of 442 officers and an actual strength of 387.
Proposals made by the Home Secretary on 20 March 2006 would have seen the force merge with the other four East Midlands forces to form a strategic police force for the entire region. These proposals were later shelved.
- ^ "Chief Constable Adrian Lee". Northamptonshire Police. http://www.northants.police.uk/default.aspx?id=10. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- ^ "Command Team". Northamptonshire Police. http://www.northants.police.uk/default.aspx?id=4. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- ^ "Northamptonshire Police Authority - Members". Northamptonshire Police Authority. http://www.northants.police.uk/policeauthority/default.aspx?id=193. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- ^ The Thin Blue Line, Police Council for Great Britain Staff Side Claim for Undermanning Supplements, 1965
- ^ "Police forces 'to be cut to 24'". BBC News. 20 March 2006. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4825524.stm. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- List of police forces in the United Kingdom
- Policing in the United Kingdom
Police forces of the United Kingdom England
- Avon and Somerset
- City of London
- Devon and Cornwall
- Greater Manchester
- North Yorkshire
- South Yorkshire
- Thames Valley
- West Mercia
- West Midlands
- West Yorkshire
Wales Scotland Northern Ireland Special police forces Regional units
- Central Counties Air Operations Unit
- Central Motorway Police Group
- Chiltern Air Support Unit
- East Midlands Air Support Unit
- North East Air Support Unit
- North Midlands Helicopter Support Unit
- North West Motorway Police Group
- South and East Wales Air Support Unit
- South East Air Support Unit
- Western Counties Air Operations Unit
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Northamptonshire County Football Association — Northamptonshire County FA logo Purpose/focus Football association Location Moulton Park, Northampton Coordinates … Wikipedia
Northamptonshire Evening Telegraph — For other uses, see Evening Telegraph. Northamptonshire Evening Telegraph Type Local newspaper Format Tabloid Owner Johnston Press Editor Currently unfulfilled Founded 1897 … Wikipedia
Northamptonshire Football Combination — The Northamptonshire Football Combination is a football competition based in England. It has a total of eight divisions (five first team divisions and three reserve divisions), the most senior of which is the Premier Division, which sits at step… … Wikipedia
Police au Royaume-Uni — Liste des forces de police au Royaume Uni Le QG de Scotland Yard, à Londres. Il y a un certain nombre d agences de maintien de l ordre au Royaume Uni, dont la plus célèbre est Scotland Yard. Il y a en trois grand types . Sommaire … Wikipédia en Français
Police britannique — Liste des forces de police au Royaume Uni Le QG de Scotland Yard, à Londres. Il y a un certain nombre d agences de maintien de l ordre au Royaume Uni, dont la plus célèbre est Scotland Yard. Il y a en trois grand types . Sommaire … Wikipédia en Français
Police en Grande-Bretagne — Liste des forces de police au Royaume Uni Le QG de Scotland Yard, à Londres. Il y a un certain nombre d agences de maintien de l ordre au Royaume Uni, dont la plus célèbre est Scotland Yard. Il y a en trois grand types . Sommaire … Wikipédia en Français
Police Service of Northern Ireland — Abbreviation PSNI Badge of the Police Service of Northern Ireland … Wikipedia
Police Act 1964 — The Police Act 1964 (1964 c.48) was an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom that updated the legislation governing police forces in England and Wales, constituted new police authorities, gave the Home Secretary new powers to supervise… … Wikipedia
Police Support Unit (UK) — A Police Support Unit or PSU is a unit of police officers who have undergone specialist training in public order policing. Police Support Unit training in the United Kingdom is voluntary tactical training undertaken by selected candidates that… … Wikipedia
List of police forces in England sorted by county — This list is intended as a quick reference to current forces. List of police forces in England sorted by ceremonial county: * Bedfordshire Bedfordshire Police * Berkshire Thames Valley Police * Bristol Avon and Somerset Constabulary ** Port of… … Wikipedia