- Champawat district
— district — Coordinates Coordinates: Country India State Uttarakhand Division Kumaon Headquarters Champawat Population
• 126 /km2 (326 /sq mi)
Time zone IST (UTC+05:30) Area 1,781 square kilometres (688 sq mi) Website champawat.nic.in
Champawat District is part of the eastern Kumaon Division of Uttarakhand. It is bounded on the north by Pithoragarh District, on the east by Nepal, on the south by Udham Singh Nagar District, on the west by Nainital District, and on the northwest by Almora District.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Champawat one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the three districts in Uttaranchal currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
According to the 2011 census Champawat district has a population of 259,315 , roughly equal to the nation of Vanuatu. This gives it a ranking of 579th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 147 inhabitants per square kilometre (380 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 15.49 %. Champawat has a sex ratio of 981 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 80.73 %.
- ^ "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ a b Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. http://www.nird.org.in/brgf/doc/brgf_BackgroundNote.pdf. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Vanuatu 224,564 July 2011 est."
- ^ "Uttarakhand - Districts of India: Know India". National Portal of India. http://india.gov.in/knowindia/districts/andhra1.php?stateid=UA. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- Official website
- Champawat District Map
- Kumaoni.org - Information on Kumaon Region and Community
- More about Champawat District at aboutUttarakhand.com
Almora district Pithoragarh district Nainital district Nepal Champawat district Udham Singh Nagar district Cities and towns in Champawat district Champawat Cities and towns
in other districts
Divisions and districts of Uttarakhand Kumaon division Garhwal division Hindu Temples in Uttarakhand Almora Chamoli Champawat Dehradun Haridwar Nainital Pauri Garhwal Rudraprayag Tehri Garhwal Udham Singh Nagar
Moteshwar Mahadev • Maa Balsundari • Nagnath Temple
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Champawat — This article is about the municipality in Uttarakhand, India. For its namesake district, see Champawat district. Champawat चम्पावत town … Wikipedia
Champawat Tiger — The Champawat Tiger was a female Bengal Tiger shot in 1907 by Jim Corbett. It was responsible for 436 documented deaths in Nepal and the Kumaon area of India mostly during the 19th century. After having killed over 200 people in Nepal it was… … Wikipedia
Nainital district — This article is about the district. For its eponymous headquarters, see Nainital. Nainital नैनीताल ज़िला district … Wikipedia
Almora district — Infobox Indian Jurisdiction native name = Almora type = district latd = 29.59718 | longd = 79.6570 state name = Uttarakhand district = Almora leader title = leader name = altitude = 1646 population as of = 2001 population total = 30,613… … Wikipedia
Udham Singh Nagar district — Udham Singh Nagar is a district of Uttarakhand state in northern India. Rudrapur is the district headquarters. The district is located in the Terai region, and is part of Kumaon Division. It is bounded on the north by Nainital District, on the… … Wikipedia
Chamoli district — Chamoli चमोली ज़िला district … Wikipedia
Dehradun district — This article is about the district. For its eponymous headquarters, see Dehradun. Dehradun देहरादून district … Wikipedia
Tehri Garhwal district — Tehri Garhwal टिहरी गढ़वाल district … Wikipedia
Pithoragarh district — Infobox Indian Jurisdiction native name = Pithoragarh | type = district | latd = 29.58 | longd = 80.22 state name = Uttarakhand district = Pithoragarh leader title = leader name = altitude = 1830 population as of = 2001 population total = 462149… … Wikipedia
Sarda River — Kailash mountains Source of Mahakali and Karnali rivers Sarda River forms part of the border between the nations of India and Nepal. It is called the Mahakali River in Nepal and Kali Gad by local pahari people . This boundary was established by… … Wikipedia