- Nainital district
— district — Coordinates Coordinates: Country India State Uttarakhand Division Kumaon Headquarters Nainital Population
• 198 /km2 (513 /sq mi)
Time zone IST (UTC+05:30) Area 3,860 square kilometres (1,490 sq mi) Website nainital.nic.in
According to the 2011 census Nainital district has a population of 955,128, roughly equal to the nation of Fiji or the US state of Montana. This gives it a ranking of 457th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 225 inhabitants per square kilometre (580 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 25.2 %. Nainital has a sex ratio of 933 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 84.85 %.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Fiji 883,125 July 2011 est."
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Montana 989,415"
- ^ "Uttarakhand - Districts of India: Know India". National Portal of India. http://india.gov.in/knowindia/districts/andhra1.php?stateid=UA. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- Official website
- Nainital District at Govt. of Uttarakhand website
- More about Nainital District at aboutUttarakhand.com
Pauri Garhwal district Almora district Bijnor district, Uttar Pradesh Champawat district Nainital district Udham Singh Nagar district Cities and towns in Nainital district Nainital Cities and towns
in other districts
Districts Divisions and districts of Uttarakhand Kumaon division Garhwal division Hindu Temples in Uttarakhand Almora Chamoli Champawat Dehradun Haridwar Nainital Pauri Garhwal Rudraprayag Tehri Garhwal Udham Singh Nagar
Moteshwar Mahadev • Maa Balsundari • Nagnath Temple
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nainital Lake — View of Lake in the backdrop of Nainital Location Uttarakhand Coordinates … Wikipedia
Nainital Cantonment — city … Wikipedia
Nainital-Udhamsingh Nagar (Lok Sabha constituency) — Nainital Udhamsingh Nagar Lok Sabha constituency (Hindi: नैनीताल ऊधमसिंह नगर लोक सभा निर्वाचन क्षेत्र) is one of the five Lok Sabha (parliamentary) constituencies in Uttarakhand state in northern India. This constituency came in to existence in… … Wikipedia
Nainital (Lok Sabha constituency) — Nainital Lok Sabha constituency was a Lok Sabha (parliamentary) constituency in Uttarakhand state in northern India till 2008. Members of Parliament 1951: C.D. Pande, Indian National Congress 1957: C.D. Pande, Indian National Congress 1977:… … Wikipedia
Nainital — This article is about the municipality in Uttarakhand, India. For its namesake district, see Nainital district. Nainital नैनीताल city … Wikipedia
Nainital Gewog — Gewog Country Bhutan District Samtse District … Wikipedia
Champawat district — This article is about the district. For its eponymous headquarters, see Champawat. Champawat चम्पावत district … Wikipedia
Udham Singh Nagar district — Udham Singh Nagar is a district of Uttarakhand state in northern India. Rudrapur is the district headquarters. The district is located in the Terai region, and is part of Kumaon Division. It is bounded on the north by Nainital District, on the… … Wikipedia
Chamoli district — Chamoli चमोली ज़िला district … Wikipedia
Dehradun district — This article is about the district. For its eponymous headquarters, see Dehradun. Dehradun देहरादून district … Wikipedia