- Nature Physics
Nature Physics Abbreviated title (ISO) Nature Phys., Nat. Phys. Discipline pure and applied physics Language English Edited by Alison Wright Publication details Publisher Nature Publishing Group (United Kingdom) Publication history 2005 to present Frequency Monthly Impact factor
18.423 Indexing ISSN 1745-2473 (print)
LCCN 2006208901 CODEN NPAHAX OCLC number 61856917 Links
Nature Physics, is a monthly, peer reviewed, scientific journal published by the Nature Publishing Group. It was first published in October 2005 (volume 1, issue 1). The Chief Editor is Alison Wright, who is a full-time professional editor employed by this journal. The impact factor for Nature Physics in 2010 is 18.423, according to Journal Citation Reports.
Research paper formats include letters, full length articles, review articles, news, views, physics research highlights, commentaries, book reviews, and correspondence.
The main focus of Nature Physics pure and applied physics research, encompassing core physics disciplines and broad topical coverage that is related to these core disciplines. Hence, subject areas cover an exploration and investigation of nature and substances that exist in the world and the universe, from atomic to cosmological scales. This encompasses defining and describing observations, interactions, and forces which occur in nature and, hence, in substances. Such descriptions may include their effect on, or within, a given natural system. More broadly, it is the general analysis of nature, conducted in order to understand how the universe behaves. Therefore subject areas encompass energy, forces, mechanics, radiation, heat, matter, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, and general theory of relativity.
Abstracting and indexing
- Chemical Abstracts Service - CASSI
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Current Contents - Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences
- Physics Today
- Journal of Physics A
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
- Materials and Structures
- Journal of Chemical Physics
- ^ a b c "Guide to Authors". Nature Publishing group. July 2010. http://www.nature.com/nphys/authors/index.html. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- ^ J.C. Maxwell (1878). Matter and Motion. (publisher is D. Van Nostrand). p. 9. ISBN 0486668959. http://books.google.com/?id=noRgWP0_UZ8C&printsec=titlepage&dq=matter+and+motion. "Physical science is that department of knowledge which relates to the order of nature, or, in other words, to the regular succession of events."
- ^ H.D. Young, R.A. Freedman (2004). University Physics with Modern Physics (11th ed.). Addison Wesley. p. 2. "Physics is an experimental science. Physicists observe the phenomena of nature and try to find patterns and principles that relate these phenomena. These patterns are called physical theories or, when they are very well established and of broad use, physical laws or principles."
- ^ S. Holzner (2006). Physics for Dummies. Wiley. p. 7. ISBN 0470618418. http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0764554336. "Physics is the study of your world and the world and universe around you."
- ^ Richard Feynman begins his Lectures with the atomic hypothesis, as his most compact statement of all scientific knowledge: "If, in some cataclysm, all of scientific knowledge were to be destroyed, and only one sentence passed on to the next generations ..., what statement would contain the most information in the fewest words? I believe it is ... that all things are made up of atoms – little particles that move around in perpetual motion, attracting each other when they are a little distance apart, but repelling upon being squeezed into one another. ..." Feynman, Richard P.; Leighton, Robert B.; and Sands, Matthew L. (1963 - 1965) (Library of Congress bibliography.). The Feynman lectures on physics. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley Pub. Co. http://lccn.loc.gov/63020717. LCCN = 63020717(click on title)
- ^ "Nature Physics". Chemical Abstracts Service Source Index (CASSI) (Displaying Record for Publication). American Chemical Society. July 2010. http://cassi.cas.org/publication.jsp?P=LglBQf5Q2NQyz133K_ll3zLPXfcr-WXf-HLJD596fIunAwRW1JNgkDLPXfcr-WXfimSBIkq8XcUjhmk0WtYxmzLPXfcr-WXfPlAFTKaY2YD99_Fj2vdr_g. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- ^ "Mater Journal List search". database listings. Thomson Reuters. July 2010. http://science.thomsonreuters.com/cgi-bin/jrnlst/jlresults.cgi?PC=MASTER&ISSN=1745-2473. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nature Physics — Titre abrégé Nat. Phys. Discipline Physique Langue Angla … Wikipédia en Français
Nature Physics — Обложка журнала, январь 2010 года Специализация: Физика Периодичность: ежемесячно Сокращённое название: Nature Phys. Язык … Википедия
Nature Publishing Group — Тип Частная компания Год основания 1869 Расположение Лондон, Великобритания Отрасль … Википедия
Nature Nanotechnology — Abbreviated title (ISO) Nat. Nanotechnol … Wikipedia
Nature China — Abbreviated title (ISO) None Discipline Interdisciplinary … Wikipedia
Nature Communications — Abbreviated title (ISO) Nat. Commun. Discipline Multidisciplinary … Wikipedia
Physics Letters A — Titre abrégé Phys. Lett. A Discipline Physique Langue … Wikipédia en Français
Physics Letters B — Titre abrégé Phys. Lett. B Discipline Physique Langue … Wikipédia en Français
Nature Publishing Group — Type Private Founded 1869 (Nature Journal) Headquarters 4 Crinan Street, London, United Kingdom … Wikipedia
Physics Reports — Titre abrégé Phys. Rep. Discipline Physique Langue … Wikipédia en Français