Founded 1972 Hubs Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL)
Penang International Airport (PEN)
Fleet size 7 Destinations 11 Parent company Malaysia Airlines Headquarters Advanced Cargo Centre
Kuala Lumpur International Airport
Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia
Key people Shahari Sulaiman (Managing Director) Website http://www.maskargo.com
MASkargo or Malaysia Airlines Kargo (Malaysia Airlines Cargo Sdn. Bhd.) is a cargo airline with its head office in the Advanced Cargo Centre (ACC) on the grounds of Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) in Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia. It is a cargo division of its parent company Malaysia Airlines that operates scheduled, charter air cargo services as well as airport to seaport cargo logistics via ground transportation. Its tagline is Keeps Business Moving.
The company was established in 1972 to handle the delivery of cargo around the world via Malaysia Airlines' global network of routes. Back then, MASkargo handled 30,000 tonnes of cargo. It became a subsidiary of Malaysia Airlines in April 1997 with two Boeing 747-200F freighters from the parent company. It has 1,092 employees (as at March 2007). Now, at the new cargo facility located in the Advanced Cargo Centre (ACC) KLIA, MASkargo have the capacity to serve customer's cargo needs of up to a million tonnes.
In 2010 MASkargo decided to adopt the simplified look being used on their leased fleet since many years, as their new official new livery. The first self owned aircraft to get this is a brand new A330F .
- China, People's Republic
- China, Republic (Taiwan)
- Hong Kong
- Frankfurt - Frankfurt Airport
- South Korea
- Milan - Milan Malpensa Airport
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- London - Heathrow Airport
MASkargo operates from Advanced Cargo Center in KL International Airport using two owned Boeing 747-400F and four leased Boeing 747-200SF aircraft. It also offers belly space capacity on its holding company aircraft, Malaysia Airlines. In August 2008, the airline introduced an Airbus A300 in their fleet of freighter aircraft which was leased from Air Atlanta Icelandic. The company has on order 4 Airbus A330-200F freighter, the first of which was delivered on 15 September 2011.
Type Number in service(Orders) Cargo Cargo Capacity
Notes MD LD LD3 BULK (kg) A330-200F 1(3) 22 8 2 1,800 70,000 First aircraft delivered on 15 September 2011 747-200SF 3 29 9 2 2,200 100,000 Leased from Southern Air 747-400F 2 30 9 2 2,400 120,000 Registration: 9M-MPR & 9M-MPS, owned by the company
MASkargo Products and Services
With MASkargo's recent “an airport within a seaport” plan, the company has extended its services to Port Klang, a major seaport in Peninsular Malaysia. A designated air-zone has been established in Port Klang to facilitate this. A collaboration with MASkargo and Port Klang Terminal Operators, the I-port aims to promote Port Klang/KLIA as the load centre for sea and air traffic in the region. Kuala Lumpur's location on the main flight routes of Asia is a fact worth mentioning as are the low operation costs.
The I-port sees a hassle-free transfer of cargo from the seaport in Port Klang to MASkargo's Advanced Cargo Centre. This service ensures an efficient customs declaration any additional documentation as all sea- to- air shipment from the seaports are sealed by the Customs Department, and loaded on to MASkargo's scheduled trucks for outbound destinations through KLIA. Cargo space and flights for the intended airport of destinations are pre-booked by forwarding agents at the MASkargo Air-Zone online handling office, known as "XPQ", situated within the port's Northport Container Yard Terminal. With the introduction of AFTA beginning January 2003, the movement of cargo within the region is expected to increase substantially. I-PORT is listed in the Malaysian Guinness Book of Records as the first service of its kind in Malaysia.
Scheduled truck flight services, from i-PORTS to airports :
Route Frequency KUL - ZJT 1 x daily ZJT - KUL 1 x daily KUL - XPQ 2 x daily XPQ - KUL 2 x daily
i-secure is a new airport-to-airport logistics facility from MASkargo. Designed for all vulnerable cargo requiring high security service every step of the way, from point of acceptance to point of delivery. Cargo under this service will be stored in a permanent-surveillance area prior to being transported. Types of cargo supported by i-secure include semi-conductor products, consumer electronics, cameras, CD-ROM, computers, watches, and pharmaceutical items. The new i-secure service from MASkargo caters specifically for priority and secure cargo shipments. i-secure is currently available at Malaysia Airlines stations worldwide.
i-secure benefits include:-
- Security arrangements at airport of origin, transit and destination.
- Service standard for guaranteed smooth cargo clearance
- Priority uplift gets your cargo released and shipped faster
- Utmost care during cargo inspection and handling
- Cargo storage in a permanent-surveillance areas.
Animal Hotel (AVI)
Opened in 1998, the same year KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport) began operations, the MASkargo Animal Hotel started as a centre catering to inbound animal shipments for staging and delivery. This changed on 15 June 2004 when the Animal Hotel became a one-stop-centre. The activities included import, export and transshipment delivery and payment. Only then did it transform into a 6-star facility. The MASkargo Animal Hotel is reputed to be one of the best in the world.
The MASkargo Animal Hotel has over 1,297 sq m of space. The animals and pets are given ample space to roam before their flight of upon arrival. The MASkargo Animal Hotel is the sole Animal Hotel in Asia, and one of three in the world. The facility caters to animals such as horses, tigers, fishes, birds, reptiles and elephants. The animals are under the care of the MASkargo team of experienced handlers, and are provided with constant supervision, from acceptance to delivery during the transit.
The facility is open 24 hours daily. An on-call veterinarian is available. The MASkargo Animal Hotel places emphasis on comfort, safety and hygiene.
Priority Business Centre
MASkargo's Priority Business Centre is designed to serve by-invitation only customers. Initiated by MASkargo as a first of its kind in the air cargo industry, PBC is open 24 hours a day. The facility is located at Core 2 Ground Floor of MASkargo's Advanced Cargo Centre in KLIA and is staffed by a team of supervisors and officers.
A Perishable Centre was set up by MASkargo to ensure that perishable cargo remains well preserved, the one-stop centre takes care of the Acceptance and Delivery of the perishable cargo under one roof. MASkargo provides an “Unbroken Cool Chain" for optimum cooling conditions. Cargo is moved as soon as possible to cold rooms where up to 16 units of ULD maybe be stored. By doing so, the freshness of the cargo is ensured.
- Malaysia Airlines
- Northport, Malaysia
- Penerbangan Malaysia Berhad - Parent Company
- Malaysia Airlines - Corporate Website
- MASkargo - MASkargo Corporate Website
- Port of Tanjung Pelepas PTP Corporate Website
- Northport - Northport Corporate Website
- Westport - Westport Corporate Website
- Malaysia Airlines; (2002). Malaysia Airlines Cabin Crew Manual: Introduction to Malaysia Airlines. Kuala Lumpur: Flight Operations.
- Berita Pulse; (October 2006). Berita Pulse, October 2006. Kuala Lumpur: Communications Division, Malaysia Airlines.
- Berita Pulse; (August 2006). Berita Pulse, August 2006. Kuala Lumpur: Communications Division, Malaysia Airlines.
- Berita Pulse; (July 2006). Berita Pulse, July 2006. Kuala Lumpur: Communications Division, Malaysia Airlines.
- Berita Pulse; (June 2006). Berita Pulse, June 2006. Kuala Lumpur: Communications Division, Malaysia Airlines.
- "MASkargo: Corporate Info". Retrieved 31 October 2006.
- Going Places; (August 2006). Going Places, August 2006. Kuala Lumpur: Communications Division, Malaysia Airlines.
- "AeroMalaysia: Malaysia Airlines: Current Fleet". Retrieved 31 October 2006.
- "AeroMalaysia: Malaysia Airlines: Former Fleet". Retrieved 31 October 2006.
- ^ "Our History". http://www.arabianbusiness.com/500194-maskargo-appoints-new-managing-director. Retrieved 2008-05-26.
- ^ "Location Map." MASkargo. Retrieved on 22 February 2010. (Image)
- ^ a b "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International: p. 48. 2007-04-10.
- ^ "MASkargo Handles Biggest Ever i-Port Shipment". http://www.maskargologistics.com.my/press-release/maskargo-handles-biggest-ever-i-port-shipment/. Retrieved 2008-05-26.
- ^ a b "Our History". http://www.maskargo.com/module.php?folder=about&filename=history. Retrieved 2008-05-26.
- ^ MASkargo adopt former temporary scheme as official new livery on their A330F
- ^ MH Cargo schedule
- ^ MH cargo to Kazakhstan
- ^ Zuraimi Abdullah (2008-09-08). "MASkargo: Revenue set to breach RM3b". Business Times. http://www.btimes.com.my/Monday/OurPick/cago-2.xml/Article. Retrieved 2008-09-09. [dead link]
- ^ http://www.airbus.com/presscentre/pressreleases/press-release-detail/detail/maskargo-takes-delivery-of-first-a330-200f/
- ^ a b "I-PORT". http://www.maskargo.com/module.php?folder=iport&filename=iport. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- ^ "I-PORT". http://www.maskargo.com/module.php?folder=iport&filename=iport-network. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- ^ "i-secure". http://www.maskargo.com/module.php?folder=products&filename=isecure. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- ^ "History". http://www.maskargo.com/animalhotel/about-us/history/. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- ^ a b c "Intro". http://www.maskargo.com/animalhotel/about-us/introduction/. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- ^ "Press Release: MASkargo Animal Hotel Reinforces its Services with Enhanced Facilities". http://www.maskargo.com/module.php?folder=press&filename=preleases-dt&pid=54. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- ^ "Priority Business Centre (PBC)". http://www.maskargo.com/module.php?folder=products&filename=pbc. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- ^ "Perishable Centre". http://www.maskargo.com/module.php?folder=products&filename=per. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
Links to related articles Malaysia Airlines History Services Frequent flyer programs subsidiaries Airlines of Malaysia Airline Carriers Regional Cargo Charter DefunctList of airline holding companies Kuala Lumpur International Airport Authorities and operators Geography Ground services Airlines Transport Shopping VisaVisa requirements for Malaysian citizens • Malaysian passport Others
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
MASkargo — IATA MH OACI MAS … Wikipedia Español
MASkargo — Boeing 747 200 de MASkargo. MASkargo est une compagnie aérienne cargo malaisienne, filiale de Malaysia Airlines basée comme elle à Kuala Lumpur. Sur les autres projets Wikimedia … Wikipédia en Français
Malaysia Airlines — System (MAS) Penerbangan Malaysia IATA MH ICAO MAS Callsign … Wikipedia
Malaysia Airlines subsidiaries — Malaysia Airlines, the government owned national airline based at Kuala Lumpur International Airport, has over 30 subsidiaries and associates, including: Contents 1 Malaysia Airlines Cargo Sdn. Bhd. 2 MAS Aerotechnologies Sdn. Bhd. 3 MAS Academy… … Wikipedia
Malaysia Airlines fleet — Malaysia Airlines has 5 types of aircraft in its fleet. These aircraft are: The Boeing 747 400, the Boeing 777 200ER, the Boeing 737 400 and 800, and the Airbus A330 200 and 300. Its freighter subsidiary (MASkargo s aircraft are Airbus A300 600,… … Wikipedia
Operations and Infrastructure of Kuala Lumpur International Airport — The operations and infrastructure of Kuala Lumpur International Airport reflect its modern design. Contents 1 Facilities 1.1 Design 1.2 Air traffic control tower 1.3 Runways … Wikipedia
Malaysia Airlines — Malaysia Airlines … Deutsch Wikipedia
Malaysia Airlines — … Википедия
Malaysia Airlines destinations — Malaysia Airlines flies to the following destinations as of June 2011. For freighter destinations see MASkargo destinations. For subsidiaries destinations see Firefly destinations and MASwings destinations. Contents 1 Africa 2 Americas 2.1 North… … Wikipedia
Malaysia-Singapore Airlines — IATA ML ICAO MSA Callsign MALA … Wikipedia