- Dominican University College
Dominican University College Established 1900 Type Public Chancellor Yvon Pomerleau, O.P. President Gabor Csepregi Dean Marie-Thérèse Nadeau Academic staff 25 Students 160 Undergraduates 80 full time + 110 part time Postgraduates 50 full time + 4 part time Location Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Campus Urban Colours silver ; gold ; blue Affiliations AUCC, IAU, AUFC Website dominicancollege.ca
The Dominican University College (formerly the Dominican College of Philosophy and Theology) is a bilingual Roman Catholic university in Ottawa, Ontario, offering civil and pontifical bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees in philosophy and theology. Its name in French is Collège universitaire dominicain.
- to provide students with a first class, bilingual education in philosophy and theology, in the Dominican order tradition of intellectual excellence, free inquiry, and spiritual growth.
- to contribute to the advancement of knowledge through a wide range of research activities.
- to serve the society and various social organization, by forming students in critical thinking, intelligence of faith, ecumenism, ethics, and aesthetics.
- Between them, the Faculty of Philosophy and Theology have about 80 full-time students each, for a total student body size of about 160.
Faculty of Philosophy
The Dominican University College offers a general education in philosophy, through the study of the principal schools of thought as well as major philosophical themes. Although the College is a Catholic institution, it is open to all schools of thought. Studies range from the Greek philosophers to Saint-Augustine and Saint-Thomas Aquinas, Descartes and Kant, and modern and post-modern philosophers,
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy with Concentration in Ethics
- Bachelor of Arts with Concentration in Philosophy
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Philosophy
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Philosophy and Minor in Ethics
- Master of Arts in Philosophy
- Doctor in Philosophy
- Certificate in Philosophy
- Certificate in Applied Ethics (Philosophy)
Faculty of Theology
The undergraduate program in theological studies provides an overall view of the Christian Mystery. The three year Bachelors program has three major themes: God and the human being; Jesus Christ and the being-in-Christ; the Church and the Christian response.
- Bachelor of Theology: civil and canonical degrees
- Masters of Arts in Theology
- Doctor in Theology
- Certificate in Theological Studies
- Certificate in Theology, Ethics and Health
- Continuing Education
- The teaching of Philosophy and Theology has been a tradition for the Dominican order since the 13th century, but only in the past century have they been able to open the university up to the public and offer certified degrees.
Institut de pastorale des Dominicains
- L'Institut de pastorale des Dominicains in Montreal offers, in French, programs in pastoral or liturgical theology or in catechism, leading to university certificates, bachelor's and master's degrees.
- L'Institut was founded in 1960 in Montreal, Quebec by the Dominican Order during the construction of the Convent Saint-Albert-le-Grand. L'Institut partnered with the Dominican College in Ottawa and acquired university status in 1967.
- The Institute consists of 10 professors and two staff.
- The Director and registrar is Denis Gagnon.
- The motto is C'est l'université à taille humaine (It is the University with a human dimension)
- The university is a member of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada and of L'Association des universités de la francophonie canadienne, a network of academic institutions of the Canadian Francophonie.
- Canadian government scientific research organizations
- Canadian industrial research and development organizations
- Canadian Interuniversity Sport
- Canadian university scientific research organizations
- Higher education in Ontario
- List of colleges and universities named after people
- List of Ontario Universities
- Ontario Student Assistance Program
- University's main website
- Institut de pastorale website
- Canadian Dominicans
- University's Online Library Catalog
Post-secondary education in Ontario Degree-granting institutions Public Universities Private Universities Degree Programs Offered
under Ministerial Consent
Community colleges Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Institutes of Technology and Advanced Learning Institutes of Advanced Studies†Degree programs offered Other recognized institutions Specialist institutions Affiliated Colleges Universities and colleges in OttawaSee also: List of schools in Ottawa
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Dominican University of California — Motto Veritas Fax Ardens Motto in English Truth is a Flaming Torch Established 1890 Ty … Wikipedia
Dominican University (Illinois) — Dominican University Motto Caritas et Veritas Motto in English Love and Truth Established 1901 … Wikipedia
Dominican University — ▪ university, River Forest, Illinois, United States formerly Rosary College private, coeducational university in the Chicago suburb River Forest, Illinois, U.S. It is affiliated with the Sinsinawa Dominican Sisters, a religious order of… … Universalium
University College Dublin — An Coláiste Ollscoile, Baile Átha Cliath Latin: Universitas Collegium apud Dublinum Motto Ad Astra Cothrom Féinne … Wikipedia
Ohio Dominican University — Motto To contemplate truth and to share with others the fruits of this contemplation Established 1911 Type Private … Wikipedia
Drexel University College of Medicine — Motto In the tradition of Woman s Medical College of Pennsylvania and Hahnemann Medical College Established 1848 Dean Richard V. Homan, M.D … Wikipedia
Tyndale University College and Seminary — This article is about the university and seminary in Toronto, Ontario. For the unaccredited seminary in Fort Worth, Texas, United States, see Tyndale Theological Seminary. Tyndale University College and Seminary Motto Douloi Cristou Motto in… … Wikipedia
Conrad Grebel University College — Established 1957 Type Public Religious affiliation Mennonite Undergraduates 142 students Postgraduates … Wikipedia
King's University College (University of Western Ontario) — Coordinates: 43°0′42.31″N 81°15′27.85″W / 43.0117528°N 81.2577361°W / 43.0117528; 81.2577361 … Wikipedia
West Virginia University College of Law — Infobox University image size = 120px name = West Virginia University College of Law established = 1878 type = Private dean = Joyce E. McConnell city = Morgantown state = West Virginia country = USA students = 472 staff = campus = Urban website … Wikipedia