- Rocket Power
From left to right: Otto, Reggie, Sam, Twister
Format Comedy Created by Klasky Csupo Developed by Adam Pennington
Starring Joseph Ashton
Gary LeRoi Gray
Opening theme "(Prepare to Countdown) Rocket Power" by Devo under the name "The Wipeouters" Country of origin United States No. of seasons 3 No. of episodes 61 (including 3 specials) (List of episodes) Production Executive producer(s) Gabor Csupo
Running time 24 minutes Production company(s) Anivision
Nickelodeon Animation Studios
Broadcast Original channel Nickelodeon Picture format 480i (SDTV) Original run August 16, 1999 – August 2, 2004
Rocket Power involves the daily situations of a group of best friends named Oswald "Otto" Rocket, Regina "Reggie" Rocket, Maurice "Twister" Rodriguez, and Sam "Squid" Dullard, as they live in the fictional town of Ocean Shores, California, a beach front city based on Oceanside, California.
It originally aired on Nickelodeon from 1999 to 2004. As part of the Nick on CBS block, it aired on CBS from 2002 to 2005. Nick GAS aired the series for a short time, and teen network The N aired the series starting in 2006 until 2009. Rocket Power currently airs on Nicktoons, and, although it premiered only a few months before the new millennium, has recently been announced to air on TeenNick as part of their The '90s Are All That block. As of October 3, 2011, one episode of Rocket Power aired as part of the U-Pick with Stick digital media face of The '90s are All That.
- Oswald "Otto" Rocket (Joseph Ashton): the main protagonist, and Twister's best friend, Otto is an obsessive, compulsive, and greatly successful athlete, whose arrogant attitude and short-sighted judgment often get him into trouble, though he always makes things right in the end. Otto is usually seen to be the most driven and intense in skateboarding, surfing, etc.
- Maurice "Twister" Rodriguez (Ulises Cuadra): Otto's best friend, a "daredevil" on wheels, aspiring "videographer," and known for exhibiting a notable lack of intelligence, "Twister" hates to be called by his real name. He is often seen being teased by his big brother Lars. Twister is the most clever despite his sometimes absent-mindedness. He seems to have a crush on Reggie.
- Sam "Squid" Dullard (Sam Saletta; Gary LeRoi Gray; Sean Marquette): a Kansas native, who, while not as athletically gifted as the others, has found a niche as the brains and conscience of the group and also a "rock-solid" goalie when they play hockey ("New Squid in Town", "Power Play"). Sam's reputation of being the smartest member of the group is, at times, one of his flaws. The character of Sam is based on the show's creator. Sam's mom is over-protective, and she once forced Sam to skip the 5th grade. Sam was originally the least athletic character, but eventually developed an expert level of surfing and decent abilities in other sports. His love for pancakes was also portrayed in many episodes. The "N" on his shirt stands for New York, as it was originally Sam's home state during character development, this was later changed to Kansas, but the N on his shirt was never removed or altered. Sam is the only member of the "gang" to use a long surfboard rather than the harder-to-ride shorter boards.
- Regina "Reggie" Rocket (Shayna Fox): Otto's older sister by two years, Reggie is an aspiring publisher who, while no less competitive and skillful as an athlete, is of calmer disposition and greater maturity. Reggie is most noted for her "magazine" (dubbed "The Zine").
- Ray (Raymundo Roinks) Rocket (Johnny Kassir): father of Otto and Reggie and the owner of the Shore Shack. Ray is 44 years old, a widower, and a surfer of no renown. He drives a "vintage Woodie," a 1962 Mercury. In Rocket Power: The Big Day, Ray and Tito's cousin, Noelani, get married, allowing Reggie and Otto to have a mother figure.
- Tito. (Ray Bumatai): a Hawaiian surfer and self-styled philosopher who helps his best friend Ray run the business. He also cooks hamburgers and hash brownies. He has a young nephew who occasionally visits from the islands, named Keoni Makani (professional surfer Matty Liu), who appeared in a few episodes.
- Lars Rodriguez (Lombardo Boyar): Twister's older brother, who routinely picks on him and the kids. When his group competes against the Rockets they usually lose.
- Eddie Valentine (Jordan Warkol): The self-styled "Prince of the Netherworld," he is an occasional participant in the Rockets' activities and a frequent target of Lars' bullying. The son of a magician couple, he favors an outfit of a hooded cloak and a "scary" mask.
- Oliver Van Rossum (David Gallagher): At first Sam's main rival in intelligence, he later became a close friend to the gang along with Eddie. He never played sports, and was only into academics until he met Sam. In the episode where Oliver met Sam, it was made clear that he would rather watch a documentary of a "dung beetle rolling dung balls" than participate in physical activity.
- Officer Shirley (C. C. H. Pounder): One of the only police officers in Ocean Shores as the only other time other police officers are shown is during the television film "Reggie's Big Break". Officer Shirley does what she can to keep the peace. A minor character, a relationship between her and Raymundo is implied numerous times in the show, usually by means of pet names. She refers to Raymundo as "Big Ray".
- Trish and Sherry (both voiced by Lauren Tom): Reggie's best friends, surfers, and members of the state volleyball team. Both had peripheral importance to the plots and appeared in a handful of stories.
- Mackenzie Benders (Rosslynn Taylor): The five-year-old ankle-biter. She continually annoys and torments the members of "the gang", but has a crush on Twister.
- Conroy Blanc (Obba Babatundé): Owner of the skate park, Madtown, he later becomes Otto and Twister's teacher at their school. Conroy's parents were apparently vindictive, as shown in one episode, when Conroy was intent on finding the person(s) responsible for ruining a newly-poured cement skate ramp in Madtown Skate Park. Conroy is originally from Jamaica.
- Merv and Violet Stimpleton (Henry Gibson and Edie McClurg): The Rockets' neighbors. Merv tries to live a life of leisure, but becomes easily frustrated with many, especially the Rocket gang. Because of this, he has the Madtown Skate Park opened so that the kids can skate without disturbing anyone. Merv is a retired electrical engineer and is usually depicted as angry and somewhat eccentric, although he does have a friendly side, particularly towards his wife. Violet is quite the opposite, always smiling and cheerful. Her pride and joy is growing violets in her garden. She is also a prolific cook, though her food is not always edible.
- Doug Dullard: Sam's estranged father who works in the corporate industry. It is implied that he is always working, which clouds his better judgment. He tries to be the "cool dad" by including Sam's friends in their plans, but it ends up with him talking on his cell phone and ignoring Sam. Though he may seem neglectful, he has good intentions.
- Noelani Makani Rocket (Kim Mai Guest): Tito's cousin, Ray's new wife, and Reggie and Otto's stepmom. She is introduced in Rocket Power: Island of the Menehune. She is cautious because Ray's first wife Danni, Noelani's best friend, was killed in a surfing accident when Reggie and Otto were little. Noelani and Ray get married in Rocket Power: The Big Day.
- Lt. "Tice" Ryan: Coast Guardsman and lifeguard who has appeared in several episodes. Known to be a buzz kill on the group's activities. Enjoys enforcing rules with an iron fist and, in essence, runs the beach.
- Tony Hawk (Tony Hawk): Professional skateboarding legend Tony Hawk. The Rocket Power gang skates and snowboards with him in the one episode wherein he appears.
- Keoni Khaloa Herbert Makani Jr.: Tito's younger cousin from Hawaii, he visits Ocean Shores for a surf competition and after a day of making Otto feel less important, apologizes and admits he just wanted to fit in.
Other projects related to Rocket Power and developed under the aegis of Klasky-Csupo and/or Nickelodeon have included Rocket Power: Beach Bandits, and Maximum Rocket Power Live: The Battle for Madtown Park, a live-action extreme-sports dramatic arena play that briefly toured the U.S. Midwest in spring 2002, before being canceled over low ticket sales (it had originally been scheduled to tour about 40 cities all over the U.S., all the way into the fall). Even with the moderate success of the show, there is no spin-off planned.
- ^ Sarah Rodman (3 October 2011). "Rocket' is a blast - Creators of `Rugrats' give `Power' and responsibility to older kids". http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/bostonherald/access/43968076.html?dids=43968076:43968076&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Aug+16,+1999&author=Sarah+Rodman&pub=Boston+Herald&desc=`Rocket'+is+a+blast+-+Creators+of+`Rugrats'+give+`Power'+and+responsibility+to+older+kids&pqatl=google.
- Official page on Facebook
- Webpage at Klasky-Csupo
- Rocket Power at the Internet Movie Database
- Rocket Power at the Big Cartoon DataBase
Rocket Power CharactersOswald "Otto" Rocket • Maurice "Twister" Rodriguez FilmsRocket Power: Race Across New Zealand • Rocket Power: Island of the Menehune • Rocket Power: The Big Day Video games RelatedList of episodes • Rocket Power: Beach Bandits Nicktoons 1991-1995 1996-2000 2001-2005 2006-2010 Currently running Upcoming seriesThe Last Airbender: Legend of Korra · T-M-N-T Nicktoons channel Book · Category · Animation portal / Television portal / Nickelodeon portal
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Rocket Power — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Rocket Power Género Animación Aventura/Comedia Creado por Arlene Klasky Gábor Csupó Ben Hail Reparto Joseph Ashton Shayna Fox Ullyses Cuadra Sam Salleta Gary LeRoi Gray John Kassir Ray Bumatai Lom … Wikipedia Español
Rocket Power — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Power. Rocket Power Titre original Rocket Power Genre Série d animation Créateur(s) Klasky Csupo Pays d’origine … Wikipédia en Français
Rocket Power — Seriendaten Deutscher Titel Rocket Power Produktionsland USA … Deutsch Wikipedia
Rocket Power — Acerca del programa Rocket Power es un dibujo animado que hizo su aparición en el canal de televisión Nickelodeon en agosto de 1999. Producido por el estudio de animación Klasky Csupo Inc. (quienes también crearon la popular serie Aventuras en… … Enciclopedia Universal
rocket power — Synonyms and related words: action and reaction, aeromotor, atomic power, electric power, electropower, horsepower, hydraulic power, hydroelectric power, impulse, jet power, jet propulsion, manpower, nuclear power, piston power, power plant,… … Moby Thesaurus
Rocket Power (album) — Infobox Album Name = Rocket Power Type = Soundtrack Artist = Various Artists Released = May 22, 2002 Recorded = Various Genre = Pop, pop rock Length = 11:96 Label = Nickelodeon Records Producer = Reviews = Chronology = Last album = This album =… … Wikipedia
List of Rocket Power characters — This is a listing of characters from the Nickelodeon animated television series Rocket Power .Main charactersThe principal characters in the show are: * Otto Rocket (Joseph Ashton), An obsessive compulsive, and greatly successful and courageous… … Wikipedia
List of Rocket Power episodes — This is a list of Rocket Power episodes.eason 1: 1999 2000* 1. New Squid on the Block/Down the Drain * 2. Secret Spot/Ice Queens * 3. Otto 3000/Night Prowlers * 4. Happy Luau to You Au/Rocket Rescue * 5. Twister s Cuz/Big Thursday * 6. Rocket… … Wikipedia
Rocket Racing League — Type Private Industry Air racing · Sports · Entertainment Aerospace engineering Founded 2005 Headquarters New York, Bost … Wikipedia
Rocket — This article is about vehicles powered by rocket engines. For other uses, see Rocket (disambiguation). A Soyuz U, at Baikonur Site 1/5 A rocket is a missile, spacecraft, aircraft or other vehicle which obtains thrust from a rocket engi … Wikipedia