Mistress may refer to:
- Mistress (lover), a woman, other than the spouse, with whom a married individual has a continuing sexual relationship
- Schoolmistress, or female school teacher (also called a "schoolmarm"). The term is now obsolete in the UK; see schoolmaster
- A dominatrix in BDSM
Title or form of address
- Mistress (form of address), an old-fashioned term for the lady of the house, especially one who is head of the household
- Mrs, original abbreviation
- Mistress (college), a female head of a college
- List of Mistresses of Girton College, Cambridge
- Mistress of the Robes, the senior lady of the British Royal Household
- Mistress of the house of life, a title of the Egyptian goddess Isis
- Mistress of the west. The Egyptian goddess Hathor
- Mistress of the temple,the Egyptian Goddess of the underworld Nepthys.
- Mistress of the labyrinth, the lady of the labyrinth, in the palace of Knossos (Creta)
- Mistress of the house ( Greek, "Despoina"),a title applied to the Greek goddess Persephone,but also to the goddesses Demeter and Hecate.
- Mistress of the animals (Greek "potnia theron"), a title applied to the Greek goddess Artemis.
- Mistress (Greek ("potnia"),a title applied to the Greek goddesses Demeter, Persephone and Athena.
- Mistress (band), a sludge metal/grindcore band from Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Mistress (1992 film)
- Mistress (1987 film) starring Don Murray
- Mistresses (2008 TV series)
- List of Mistresses episodes, an episode guide for the series
- Mistresses (2009 TV series)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.