- John Cutliffe
John Cutliffe is from
Buncranain County Donegal, Irelandbut now lives in Nashville, Tennessee. John grew up playing Irish traditional and bluegrass music in the many pubs that dot the Irish countryside and has played with many pop and rock bands over the years. During his wilder days in Londonhis Irish bluegrass band the Pyros teamed up with Frank Tovey(AKA Fad Gadget) and recorded albums on the world famous Mute Records.
John helped formed
The Pyrossome years earlier in his home town of Buncrana. The group developed a cult following in the North West of Ireland. Various lineups have featured the cream of Donegal musicians including Kevin Doherty(Four Men and a Dog) and Ciaran Tourish(Altan). During this time John got the chance to meet and play with some of the best musicians in the world including Altan, Gerry O Connor, Ted Hawkins and rock legends such as former Wings guitarist Henry McCullough.
John is the owner and editor of JigTime, a site that chronicles Irish and American roots music and is the Tour Manager and general U.S. "man on the ground" for Irish traditional band Altan. He is a keen photographer and his pictures can be seen on websites including Rosanne Cash's site and the
MerleFestsite and on album covers both in Ireland and Nashville.
Most recently John has teamed up with
Andrea Zonnto produce the Hands Across The WaterCD, a 16 track collaboration album between Celtic and American artists.
* The Pyros, AKA The Pyrotechnicos - bass, guitars
* Pluto - bass
* Fiveskin - bass
* Shandrum - guitar
* Frank Tovey and the Pyros- bass, guitar
* The Other Brothers - bass, guitar
* Beware of the Dog - guitar
* The Barry McGuigan Band - bass guitar
* The Whiskey Priests - bass
* The Bordercollies - bass, guitar
* No River City - bass
* Grand Union with Frank Tovey and the Pyros (musician, bass and guitars) (1991)
* Worried Men In Second Hand Suits with Frank Tovey and the Pyros (musician, bass and guitars) (1992)
* Travelling Home - Rory Mcleod (Musician, bass) (1991)
* Beware of the Dog - Beware of the Dog (musician, guitar, vocals, songwriter)
* Barr Trá - Mary Custy and Quentin Cooper (inside cover photograph)
* New Kid in Town - Ryan Holladay (cover photography)
* Hands Across The Water (2005) (Producer, photography)
* Down the Line - Ciaran Tourish (cover photography, liner notes)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Grand Union (album) — Infobox Album Name = Grand Union Type = studio Longtype = Artist = Frank Tovey Released = 1991 Recorded = 1991 Genre = Folk, Rock Irish Length = Label = Mute Records Producer = Mass produced Reviews = Last album = Tyranny the Hired Hand This… … Wikipedia
Kevin Doherty — is a songwriter, musician and singer from Ireland. He has played with various bands since the late 1980s and currently records and performs both as a solo artist and as a member of Four Men and a Dog.Early lifeKevin Doherty was born around the… … Wikipedia
Northampton Casuals — Infobox esl club | clubname = Northampton Casuals fullname = Northampton Casuals Rugby League Football Club emblem = colours = Gold with black and white trim founded = 2007 sport = Rugby League league = London League ground = Northampton Casuals… … Wikipedia
Buncrana — Die Halbinsel Inishowen Hauptstraße in Buncrana … Deutsch Wikipedia
La cité perdue d'Atlantis — Atlantide Pour les articles homonymes, voir Atlantide (homonymie) et Atlantis. L’Atlantide (du grec ancien Ἀτλαντὶς / Atlantìs, sous entendu νῆσος / nễsos, « île », c est à dire « île d Atlas ») est une île qui aurait été… … Wikipédia en Français
Cutcliffe — This ancient topographical surname is English. It is similar to the more usual Sutcliffe, and is believed to be of West Country origin, although now recorded in other areas of the country. The origin is from the pre 7th century Olde English cund… … Surnames reference