- MAIR Holdings
MAIR Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAIR) was an airline holding company. Later in its life its headquarters were in Fifth Street Towers II in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. At an earlier time its headquarters were on the property of Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport and in Fort Snelling, an unincorporated area in Hennepin County. It was established in 1993 as Mesaba Holdings, Inc., to serve as the company for Mesaba Aviation, Inc., which operated Mesaba Airlines. In 2002, MAIR also acquired Big Sky Transportation, Co., operator of Big Sky Airlines.
Mesaba, which operated as a Northwest Airlink regional airline, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on October 13, 2005, a result of downsizing occasioned by the earlier bankruptcy of Northwest Airlines. As part of the reorganization of both carriers, Northwest acquired Mesaba on April 24, 2007. This left Big Sky as MAIR's only remaining airline.
Following a series of expansion attempts, Big Sky announced plans to cease operations in December 2007. The airline's last flights were on March 8, 2008.
MAIR's shareholders voted to dissolve the company on June 25, 2008. The company's last day of trading was July 7, 2008, and closed at a price of approximately $4.17. Shareholders as of that day received an initial cash distribution of $3 per share in August, 2008, and have subsequently received several liquidating distributions from the company, as assets are sold and legal issues resolved: 70 cents per share was distributed in November, 2008; 55 cents per share in February, 2009; and 12 cents per share in April, 2010.
- ^ "About Us." MAIR Holdings. May 24, 2006. Retrieved on August 16, 2011.
- ^ "2006 Annual Report." MAIR Holdings. Retrieved on August 16, 2011. "150 South Fifth Street, Suite 1360 Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402"
- ^ "MAIR Holdings Inc." Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Retrieved on August 16, 2011. "150 South Fifth Street Fifth Street Towers Suite 1360 Minneapolis, MN 55402 United States"
- ^ "2001 Annual Report." MAIR Holdings. Retrieved on August 16, 2011. " 7501 26th Avenue South Minneapolis, Minnesota 55450"
- ^ "Big Sky Airlines ends operations". USA Today. March 10, 2008. http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2008-03-10-big-sky-grounded_N.htm.
- ^ "MAIR HOLDINGS, INC. SHAREHOLDERS AUTHORIZE DISSOLUTION" (Press release). MAIR Holdings, Inc.. 2008-06-27. http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/835768/000110465908042794/a08-17208_2ex99d1.htm. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- MAIR Holdings (Archive)
-  Great Lakes Aviation Western replacement carrier
-  Cape Air Northeast replacement carrier
Airline holding companies of the United States Current FormerAirTran Holdings · Amtran · America West Holdings · BIA-COR Holdings Inc. · Icahn & Co. · Frontier Airlines Holdings · MAIR Holdings · Midwest Air Group · Metro Airlines · Northwest Airlines Corporation · Pan Am Corporation • Pan Am Systems • Texas Air Corporation · Trans World Corporation · TPG Capital · Transamerica Corporation · UAL CorporationSee also: List of airline holding companies
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Mair — may refer to: in the German language and Yiddish language, deriving from Latin maior Mair is also a Welsh given name meaning Mary. People with the surname Mair in German context Paulus Hector Mair (1517 1579), an Augsburg civil servant Michael… … Wikipedia
MAIR — Mesaba Holdings, Inc. (Business » NASDAQ Symbols) … Abbreviations dictionary
MAIR — abbr. MESABA HOLDINGS INC NASDAQ … Dictionary of abbreviations
Global Aviation Holdings — Global Aviation Holdings. Type Private Industry Transportation Founded February 19, 2009 Headquarters Peachtree City, Georgia, USA Products Airline Services … Wikipedia
United Continental Holdings — Type Public Traded as NYSE: UAL … Wikipedia
Republic Airways Holdings — Логотип холдинга Republic Airways Holdings Republic Airways Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: RJET) авиационный … Википедия
AirTran Holdings — Тип Публичная компания Расположение … Википедия
Big Sky Airlines — Infobox Airline airline=Big Sky Airlines logo=Big Sky Airlines Logo.jpg logo size=150 IATA=GQ ICAO=BSY callsign=BIG SKY parent=Big Sky Transportation MAIR Holdings founded=1978 ceased=2008 headquarters=Billings, Montana hubs = Billings Logan… … Wikipedia
Big Sky Airlines — Big Sky Airlines … Википедия
Continental Airlines — Not to be confused with Continental Airways, a low cost airline in Russia. Continental Airlines IATA CO … Wikipedia