- Esquimaux Management
Esquimaux Management (or Eskvímó) was an Icelandic
independent record labelcreated around 1981 by renowned composer Hilmar Örn Hilmarssonand Gunnar Ruðni Agnarsson, manager of New Wave band Þeyr.
The company was in charge of the release of Þeyr’s records as well as books. In addition to this its owners performed with British bands in Iceland such as
Eyless in Gaza, among others.
Esquimaux was terminated in 1983 with the break up of Þeyr. In
2001the name of this company appeared in " Mjötviður til Fóta", Þeyr’s 20th anniversary album, in order to reflect its importance back in those days, although the company was out of operations, and the production of this album was in charge of former Þeyr members and friends.
Þeyr releases through Esquimaux
List of record labels
*imdb name|0385180|Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson
* [http://rateyourmusic.com/view_albums?artist_id=6825 Page of HÖH at Rate Your Music.com]
* [http://www.intravenous.de/home/musik/artikel/island1.html Intravenous.de] - Page about Icelandic music. It includes a section for Hilmar Ö. Hilmarsson and Þeyr.
* [http://home.swipnet.se/~w-10797/kukl/theyr.htm Page about Þeyr]
* [http://www.hanshan.org/musikk/theyr.php Website about the history and discography of Þeyr]
* [http://www.tonlist.is/ViewArtist.aspx?AuthorID=2947 Page about Þeyr at Tónlist.is] - It includes mp3 samples (in Icelandic).
* [http://www.islandia.is/gko/ Official site of Guðlaugur Kristinn Óttarsson] - Þeyr guitarist.
* [http://www.isound.com/music/gkottarsson/ Page about G. K. Óttarsson at Isound.com]
* [http://www.smekkleysa.net/sigtryggur Official site of Sigtryggur Baldursson] - Þeyr drummer.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Esquimaux Management — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Esquimaux Management o Eskvímó, fue una discográfica independiente de Islandia creada hacia 1981 por el reconocido compositor Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson y Gunnar Ruðni Agnarsson, manager de la banda de new wave Þeyr. la… … Wikipedia Español
Þeyr — Origin Reykjavík, Iceland Genres New Wave, Punk rock Years active 1980–1983, 2006 Labels Eskvímó, Fálkinn, Gramm, Mjöt … Wikipedia
Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson — (Audio IPA|Hilmar orn hilmarsson.ogg|ˈhɪlmar ˈœr̥tn̥ ˈhɪlmarsɔn) also known as HÖH (date and place of birth: April 23, 1958 in Reykjavík, Iceland), is an accomplished musician, an art director, and allsherjargoði ( chief goði ) of the Íslenska… … Wikipedia
Mjötviður til Fóta — Studio album by Þeyr Released … Wikipedia
Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson — «HOH» redirige aquí. Para otras acepciones, véase Hoh (desambiguación). Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson … Wikipedia Español
Mjötviður Mær — Studio album by Þeyr Released 1981 … Wikipedia
Guðlaugur Kristinn Óttarsson — (Born December 11, 1954 in Reykjavík, Iceland), guitar player and engineer. He is a mathematician, an inventor, a practising polytechnic engineer, lecturer and the author of several scientific papers.Childhood: first contact with science and… … Wikipedia
As Above... — As Above... Studio album by Þeyr Released 1982 … Wikipedia
Niceland — Niceland, formerly Iceland, was a heavy metal Icelandic group established in 1983 by Jaz Coleman from Killing Joke and the Icelandic band Þeyr. Contents 1 Origins 2 The establishment of Niceland 3 Recordings … Wikipedia
List of Iceland-related articles — For a topical list, see List of basic Iceland topics Articles (arranged alphabetically) related to Iceland include: NOTOC 1 9 1. deild karla 101 Reykjavík 12 Tónar 1924 28 Nordic Football Championship 1929 32 Nordic Football Championship 1933 36… … Wikipedia