- The City School (Pakistan)
The City SchoolI am to learn Location Pakistan, Canada, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh
Information Type Private Established 1978 Faculty 6,000 Enrollment 70,000 Color(s) Maroon, Scarlet, White And Grey Athletics Citizens Website Official site
The City School (abbreviated as TCS) is one of the largest private English medium school systems in Pakistan which operates more than 150 schools in 42 cities across Pakistan. It offers preschool, primary education, secondary education and preparation for local SSC and the international GCE. Most of its students opt to take the international GCE O and AS/A Level examinations organized by the CIE of UCLES. It also has established international projects in UAE, Saudi Arabia and Bangladesh.
The head office of The City School is located in Lahore, administering the system through four main regional offices: Southern Regional Office (SRO), which caters to Sindh (only Karachi) and Balochistan; Central Regional Office (CRO) Lahore, which oversees 80% of Southern Punjab; Northern Regional Office (NRO), which looks after the rest of Northern Pakistan; and Mehran Regional Office (MRO), which caters to interior Sindh (Sukkur, Larkana and Hyderabad).
The City School system, in collaboration with various other national institutions, formed The City APIIT. Established in 1978, the school's courses are modeled on those of British schools
Grade Local title Age Preschool Play Group 2+ Nursery 3+ Kindergarten 4+ Grade I Junior I 5+ Grade II Junior II 6+ Grade III Junior III 7+ Grade IV Junior IV 8+ Grade V Junior V 9+ Grade VI Junior VI 10+ Grade VII Prep I 11+ Grade VIII Prep II 12+ Grade IX Prep III 13+ Grade X O Level I 14+ Grade XI O Level II 15+ Grade XII A Level I 16+ Grade XIII A Level II 17+
The City School has branches in many cities of Pakistan which include Abbotabad, Attock, Bahawalpur, Bannu, Burewala, Chakwal, Dera Ghazi Khan, Dera Ismail Khan, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Gujrat, Hyderabad, Islamabad, Jamshoro, Jhelum, Jhang, Karachi, Kasur, Khairpur, Khanewal, Kharian, Kohat, Kot Addu, Lahore, Larkana, Mardan, Mianwali, Mirpur, Mirpurkhas, Multan, Muzaffarabad, Nawabshah, Nowshera, Okara, Peshawar, Quetta, Rawalpindi, Rahim Yar Khan, Sahiwal, Sargodha, Sialkot, Sukkur, Swat, Thatta and Vehari.
- Capital Campus Islamabad is a co-educational branch located in Islamabad.
- Jinnah campus is a co-educational branch located in 201 Sehrish Nagar, Qasimabad. Classes are available from play group to GCE O Levels.
- Liaquat campus is a co-educational branch located in 506 Kohsar Housing Scheme Phase V. It provides education from play group to grade XI including GCE O Levels.
The City School campus, Peshawar Road,Rawalpindi
- Chenab campus is located in East Canal Road, Faisalabad. The branch offers education from Play Group to A level.
- Nursery Branch is located in D-Ground, Peoples Colony, Faisalabad near AlFateh Departmental Store which offers education from Play Group to Junior-III
- Nursery Branch Civi line is located in Civil Line Bilal near Sitara Tower, Faisalabad which offers education from Play Group to Junior-VI
- Darakhshan campus is located in Kayabane-e-Bukhari, Defence Housing Authority. Girls and boys are segregated from the 8th grade. It also prepares students for GCE O Levels.
- Gulshan campus is a boys branch located in Gulshan-e-Iqbal. It has facilities including a large play ground, library, computer laboratories and a sports room.
Gulshan senior girls campus: It is located in Gulshan-e-Iqbal and it caters to young girls. The branch is adequately furnished, has a large playground, science and computer laboratories and libraries.
- Gulshan Alevels: Is a branch for students who opt for A'levels. It is sufficiently furnished has seminar rooms, a library, a gym, a cafeteria and common rooms for both girls and boys. There are reports that this branch is in the process of relocating to a larger building in the near future.
- PAF chapter is located in Pakistan Air Force (PAF) property of Karachi. It is a co-educational campus where classes are available from Play Group through to A levels. Facilities include a swimming pool with bleachers, a playing field with volleyball courts, multi story cafeteria, science and IT laboratories, art and music rooms, libraries and common rooms with numeroud more. With a student population of about 3,000 it is the largest private school in Pakistan. In 2004, scholarships were introduced for A Level students. The PAF Chapter is located on Shaheed-e-Millat, a busy thoroughfare. Traffic jams frequently occur during the morning and afternoon rush hours. The school management has been requesting the CDGK to construct an overhead bridge to ease traffic flow. The bridge has now been constructed. The branch has sports teams of fags for cricket, soccer, athletics, netball, basketball and volleyball. These teams take part in competitions, and often win trophies. The school has clubs and societies that students are encouraged to join, such as arts, debates, dramatics, environment, film and photography, journalism, music, science and social services.
- Gulberg Girls Junior Campus is a coeducational branch located at 66 Block B-III, Gulberg III. It offers education from grade III to V.
- Gulberg boys campus (or Shalimar campus) is a boys branch located in 32 Block E, Gulberg III. It offers education from grade VI to grade XI including GCE O Levels.
- Gulberg girls campus is a girls branch located in 73 Block B-I, Gulberg III. It offers education from grade VI to grade XI including GCE O Levels.
- Iqbal Town campus is a coeducational branch located in 143 Rachna Block, Allama Iqbal Town. It offers education from play group to grade II.
- Main Gulberg campus is a coeducational branch located in 37 Block B, Main Gulberg. It offers education from play group to grade II.
- Model Town junior campus is a coeducational branch located in 12 Block B Model Town. It offers education from play group to grade II.
- Model Town campus is a coeducational branch located in 202 Block M, Model Town. It offers education from playgroup to XI including GCE O Levels.
- Model Town senior campus is a coeducational branch located in 75 Block H, Model Town. It offers education from grade XII to XIII (GCE AS/A Levels).
- Muslim Town campus is a coeducational branch located in 100 Block A, New Muslim Town. It offers education from play group to grade VIII.
- Ravi campus is a coeducational branch located in 303/304 Block H-III, Johar Town. It offers education from play group to grade XIII including GCE O, AS and A Levels.
- Township campus is a coeducational branch located at Peco Road Township. It offers education from play group to grade II.
Preschool and Grade 1-2
- General Knowledge
- Natural Science
- Physical Education
- Practical Life
- Rhythmic Movement
- Physical Education
Grade 10-11 (O Level)
- Pakistan Studies
- Electives: Science
- Computer Studies
- Electives: Commerce
- Business Studies
- Principles of Accounts
- Electives: Humanities
- Art and Design
- Fashion and Design
- Food and Nutrition
- Home Management
Grade 12-13 (AS/A Level)
ReferencesAims Educational System · ASAS International School · Bahria College · Beaconhouse School System · Capital Development Authority Model School · City School System · Elementary Montessori System High School · Elite International School · Fazaia Intermediate College e-9 Islamabad · Fountain Head School · Froebel's International School · HeadStart School · International Islamic Grammar School · International School of Islamabad · Islamabad College for Boys · Islamabad Convent School · Islamic Foundation School · Islamabad Model College · Islamabad School of Arts and Sciences · Jinnah Public School · Joan Mcdonald School · Lahore Grammar School · Liberal Arts High School · OPF Girls College · Oxford High School (Pakistan) · Planting a Better Future · Preparatory School Islamabad · Quaids Public School · Roots International · Sheikh Zayed International School · Smart School Systems, Islamabad · SLS Montessori & High School · Stepping Stone School · The City School · The Oaks British School · Westminster School and College ·
Schools in LahoreAitchison College • Bait-Ul-Ilm School • Beaconhouse School System • Benison Islamic School • Bloomfield Hall School • Central Model School • Chand Bagh School • The Citizens Foundation • The City School • Convent of Jesus and Mary • Crescent Model Higher Secondary School • Dar-ul-Mominien Schooling System • English Grammar School • Esena Foundation High School • Farooq Girls High School • Fazaia Inter College • Forman Christian College • Froebel's International School • Grand Charter School • Hamdard Public School • Heritage School System • International School of Choueifat • Jinnah Foundation High School • Lahore American School • Lahore College of Arts and Sciences • Lahore Grammar School • Laurelbank Public School • MQ Foundation High School • National Grammar School • PakTurk International School and College • Resource Academia • Sacred Heart High School (Boys • Girls) • Salamat School System (ICAS • SICAS) • School of International Studies in Sciences and Arts • Society Public School • St. Anthony's High School • Stellar School System • The Sterling Foundation School • University College Lahore
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
The City School — City School can refer to: The City School (Sheffield) in Sheffield, England The City School (Pakistan) in Pakistan City School (Toronto, Ontario) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada City School, an alternative program in King George Secondary School in… … Wikipedia
The Doon School — Location Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India, Information Motto Knowledge our light F … Wikipedia
The CAS School, Karachi — The CAS School is an educational institution in the city of Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. It is also known as Centre for Advanced Studies .The CAS School was initially inaugurated in 1981 by Sami Mustafa . The school initially offered Ordinary (O)… … Wikipedia
The Lyceum School — Infobox School name = The Lyceum School imagesize = 160px caption = motto = established = 1987 closed = type = Private affiliation = district = grades = president = principal = Mrs. Shereen Saeed Khan head of school = dean = faculty = staff =… … Wikipedia
The Bulmershe School — Infobox UK school name = The Bulmershe School size = 150px latitude = longitude = dms = motto = Where everyone matters motto pl = established = 1964 approx = closed = c approx = type = Comprehensive community school religion = Secular president … Wikipedia
History of the Jews in Pakistan — Jews (Urdu: یہودی pronounced Yehudi ) are a very small religious group of Pakistan. Various estimates suggest that there were about 2,500 Jews living in Karachi at the beginning of the twentieth century, a smaller community in Peshawar and an… … Wikipedia
Headstart School (Pakistan) — Infobox School name =Headstart School, Pakistan streetaddress =19, Mauve Area, G 8/1 city =Islamabad country =Pakistan url =http://www.headstart pakistan.com box width =25em bgcolor section=#BBDDBB bgcolor lable=#BBDDDBB bgcolor value=#EEEEEE… … Wikipedia
Christ the King Seminary (Pakistan) — Christ the King Seminary is a Roman Catholic seminary in Karachi. It is located adjacent to the Portiuncula Friary. In its early years most of the faculty were provided by the Franciscans. The current rector is Father Augustine Soares who is an… … Wikipedia
City University London — Motto To serve mankind Established 1966 – gained University Status by Royal Charter 1894 – Northampton Endowment … Wikipedia
Pakistan international school Riyadh — The Pakistan International School Riyadh is a school/college based at the city of Riyadh in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This school is the only recognised Pakistani school in the city, which was previously under control of the Pakistan s embassy … Wikipedia