- Media history of China
History of China ANCIENT 3 Sovereigns and 5 Emperors Xia Dynasty 2100–1600 BCE Shang Dynasty 1600–1046 BCE Zhou Dynasty 1045–256 BCE Western Zhou Eastern Zhou Spring and Autumn Period Warring States Period IMPERIAL Qin Dynasty 221 BCE–206 BCE Han Dynasty 206 BCE–220 CE Western Han Xin Dynasty Eastern Han Three Kingdoms 220–280 Wei, Shu and Wu Jin Dynasty 265–420 Western Jin 16 Kingdoms
Eastern Jin Southern and Northern Dynasties
Sui Dynasty 581–618 Tang Dynasty 618–907 (Second Zhou 690–705) 5 Dynasties and
Northern Song W. Xia Southern Song Jin Yuan Dynasty 1271–1368 Ming Dynasty 1368–1644 Qing Dynasty 1644–1911 MODERN Republic of China 1912–1949 People's Republic
- A computer scientist and designer in China, Xia Peisu, edited the first article of computer theory.
- China began making the first generation of electronic tube computer.
- The first computer technical journal, Developments in Electronic Computers, started publication in Beijing.
- The first computer technical conference was held in Shanghai.
- Completed make first generation of electronic tube computer (the computers were not actually made from tubes)
- The first transistorized computers (109B, DJS-21, 441B, DJS-5 and X-2) were launched, one after another in less than a year.
- A computer made in China (DJS-5) was sent abroad (to Japan) and exhibited to a foreign public for the first time.
- The third generation of middle or small-scale integrated circuit computer (1973-1980).
- The first large-scale integrated circuit computers, DJS-11 (or 150) and 655 (or TQ-6) went into operation.
- Chinese character information processing systems started to develop.
- Cangjie method: A system by which Chinese characters may be entered into the computer was invented by Chu Bong-Foo (朱邦復, pinyin: Zhū Bāngfù)
- The first national conference on computer applications was held.
- Powerful large scale computers and supercomputers were developed and manufactured and put to good use. Includes the Model 757 large-scale computer rated at 10 Mflops.
- GB2312 Code of Chinese Graphic Character Set for Information Interchange-Primary Set. It contains 7445 graphic symbols, including 202 common symbols, 60 serial numbers, 22 digits, 52 Latin letters, 169 Japanese Katakana, 48 Greece letters, 66 Russian letters, 26 Chinese phonetic symbols, 37 Chinese phonetic alphabet and 6763 simplified Chinese characters. It could be used character communication systems.
- The Shanghai Bureau of Education chose 8 elementary students and 8 middle-school students from each area, and gave them very basic computer training. This is the first experiment using a computer in Children's education.
- The New Technology Developer Inc. (the predecessor of the Legend Group) funded by the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- In September, China sent out first email: "Across the Great Wall we can reach every corner in the world."
- The first 386 microcomputer GreatWall 386 came to market.
- First computer virus was found
- Prof. Werner Zorn from Karlsruhe University/Germany registered the Country Code Top Level Domain .CN.
- Top/level Domain .cn was temporally located on the server at University of Karlsruhe, Germany.
- NCFC connected to the Internet Since then, China has been officially recognized as a country with full functional Internet accessibility.
- The High Energy Physics Institute, CAS, set up China's first web server and made the first set of web pages.
- Dawn BBS, the first Bulletin Board System in the Chinese mainland was opened by National Research Center for Intelligent Computing Systems.
- About 20% of the PC market was accounted for by home computers.
- Directorate General of Telecommunications began to provide Internet accessing services from then on, the Internet began its commercialization process in China.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
History of China — Approximate territories occupied by different dynasties as well as modern political states throughout the history of China … Wikipedia
Naval history of China — History of China ANCIENT … Wikipedia
Legal history of China — The origin of the current law of the People s Republic of China can be traced back to the period of the early 1930s, during the establishment of the Chinese Soviet Republic. In 1931 the first supreme court was established. Though the contemporary … Wikipedia
Military history of China before 1911 — Chinese military before 1911 Participant in wars involving China Active 2200 BCE – 1911 CE Leaders Chinese Emperor Area of operations China, Southeast Asia, Central Asia, and … Wikipedia
Media of the People's Republic of China — See also: Media of Hong Kong and Media of Macau Life in the People s Republic of China Culture Politics Education Communications Public Health … Wikipedia
History of the People's Republic of China — 1949–1976, The Mao Era … Wikipedia
History of the People's Republic of China (1949–1976) — History of the People s Republic of China 1949–1976, The Mao Era … Wikipedia
Media Monitors Australia — Media Monitors Pty Ltd Type Proprietary limited company Industry Media Founded Melbourne, Australia, 1904 Headquarters … Wikipedia
History of Mongolia — This article is part of a series Ancient History … Wikipedia
China Media Centre — The China Media Centre is a research centre located at the University of Westminster and Europe’s only organisation specializing in the world’s largest media system. Launched on 17 June 2005 by the BBC’s Jeremy Paxman and Sun Yusheng, Deputy… … Wikipedia