- Deming Prize
The Deming prize, established in December 1950 in honor of W. Edwards Deming, was originally designed to reward Japanese companies for major advances in quality improvement. Over the years it has grown, under the guidance of Japanese Union of Scientists and Engineers (JUSE) to where it is now also available to non-Japanese companies, albeit usually operating in Japan, and also to individuals recognized as having made major contributions to the advancement of quality. The awards ceremony is broadcast every year in Japan on national television.
Two categories of awards are made annually, the Deming Prize for Individuals and the Deming Application Prize.
Winners of individual award
- 1951: Motosaburo Masuyama
- ... [http://www.juse.or.jp/e/deming/10_prizelist.html#01 1952 to nazrul islam du for quality assignment.2010, congrats, deming prize committee.
Winners of application prize
- ... 1952 to Present
- Florida Power & Light (first non-Japanese winner of award)
- Sundram Clayton brakes division (Sundaram Brake Linings), the world's first friction material company to win.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., the world's first tractor company to win.
- Rane Brake Lining Ltd.
- Sanden International (Singapore) Pte Ltd (SIS), the first Singapore-based company to win.
- Tata Steel, the first integrated steel plant in Asia to win Deming award in 2008
- ^ "Sundaram Clayton bags Deming prize". Business Standard. 23 October 1998. http://www.business-standard.com/india/storypage.php?autono=28517. Retrieved 2010-06-08.
- ^ "TVS Motor Bags Deming Award For Quality Mgmt". Financial Express. 3 November 2002. http://www.financialexpress.com/news/tvs-motor-bags-deming-award-for-quality-mgmt/60728/. Retrieved 2010-06-08.
- ^ Hindu Business Line
- ^ 
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Deming Prize — A prize instituted in 1951 by the Union of Japanese Scientists and Engineers, in honour of W. Edwards Deming, one of the leading total quality management theorists, who introduced the idea that quality control should be a strategic activity led… … Big dictionary of business and management
Deming-Preis — Der Deming Preis ist eine durch eine japanische Vereinigung seit 1950 vergebene Auszeichnung für besondere Leistungen im Bereich des Qualitätsmanagements. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Geschichte und Konzeption 2 Preisträger (Auswahl) 2.1 Deming… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Deming, W Edwards — ▪ 1994 U.S. business management expert (b. Oct. 14, 1900, Sioux City, Iowa d. Dec. 20, 1993, Washington, D.C.), used statistical analysis to formulate quality control methods in industrial production. His methods, advocating enlisting the… … Universalium
Deming, W. Edwards — ▪ American statistician and educator in full William Edwards Deming born Oct. 14, 1900, Sioux City, Iowa, U.S. died Dec. 20, 1993, Washington, D.C. American statistician, educator, and consultant whose advocacy of quality control methods … Universalium
Deming, W(illiam) Edwards — born Oct. 14, 1900, Sioux City, Iowa, U.S. died Dec. 20, 1993, Washington, D.C. U.S. statistician, educator, and advocate of quality control methods in industrial production. He received his Ph.D. in mathematical physics from Yale University, and … Universalium
W. Edwards Deming — Born October 14, 1900(1900 10 14) Sioux City, Iowa, USA … Wikipedia
Noriaki Kano — Born 1940 Tokyo, Japan Citizenship Japan Fields … Wikipedia
TVS Motors — Infobox Company company name = TVS Motors company company type = Private Conglomerate (BSE) company slogan = Inspiration in Motion foundation = in 1911 by Shri.T V Sundaram Iyengar location = flagicon|IND Chennai, Tamilnadu, India key people =… … Wikipedia
Bridgestone — Infobox Company name = Bridgestone Corporation type = Public (tyo|5108) slogan = PASSION for Excellence (Japan), It s Bridgestone or nothing! (Worldwide) foundation = 1931 (Kurume, Fukuoka) location city = Tokyo location country = Japan key… … Wikipedia
Quality (business) — This article is about quality in a business context. For other uses, see Quality. Quality in business, engineering and manufacturing has a pragmatic interpretation as the non inferiority or superiority of something. Quality is a perceptual,… … Wikipedia