- Zionist Occupation Government
Zionist Occupation Government (abbreviated as ZOG) is an
antisemitic conspiracy theoryaccording to which Jews secretly control a country, while the formal government is a puppet regime. This expression is often used by various antisemitic groups including neo-Nazis in the United States[Descriptions of ZOG allegations in the US:
* "Conceptualizations of class and state converge in the white supremacist discourse in the characterization of the United States government as the "Zionist Occupation Government" (ZOG)... As indicated by the ubiquitous reference to the state as "ZOG" ("Zionist" is equated with "Jewish") within these publications, the state is depicted as inherently "Jewish", a racial identity within the discourse. The government, as well as the corporate elite, is supposedly "occupied" and controlled by Jews." Daniels, Jesse. White Lies: Race, Class, Gender and Sexuality in White Supremacist Discourse, Routledge (UK), ISBN 041591289X, p. 45.
* "The National States Rights Party and the California Noontide Press distributed the "Protocols" during the 1970s and it is still hailed by representatives of right-wing militias:
William Luther Pierce, author of the neofascist bestseller "The Turner Diaries", for example, identifies the American state as a "Zionist Occupation Government." ("A Rumor About the Jews: Reflections on Antisemitism and " The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" by Stephen Eric Bronner (2000) - Palgrave Macmillan. p.136)
* "With the racist and anti-Semitic theology of Christian Identity as their justification, they blame the Jewish Antichrist, or the Zionist Occupation Government (ZOG), which rules in Washington, taking its orders from internationalist Jews in Israel, the United Nations, and the Fortune 500. Attracting old-line hate groups like the Ku-Klux-Klan and inspiring newer ones like the Aryan Nation Alliance ..., the militia and Patriot movement have helped to legitimize racist and anti-Semitic hate groups..." ("Encyclopedia of Fundamentalism" by Brenda Brasher (2001) - Routledge. p.305)
* "... vivid philosophy of White supremacy, including the belief that the United States is manipulated by foreign Jewish interests collectively known as the Zionist Occupation Government (ZOG). With this conspiracy theory, the strain is "explained" (e.g., the Jews are behind multicultural curricula), and the solution is presented: hate crimes and race war." ("Hate and Bias Crime" by Barbara Perry (2003) - Routledge. p.325)
* "The importance of Christian Identity (CI) in the context of bioterrorism is that it has been openly embraced by certain U.S. right-wing "militia" and terrorist cells whose members have expressed interest in acquiring or utilizing pathogens and toxic chemical agents ... as weapons against their opponents, including representatives of the "Zionist Occupation Government" (ZOG) that they feel is controlled by "satanic" Jews." ("Encyclopedia of Bioterrorism Defense" by Richard F. Pilch, Raymond A. Zilinskas (2005) - Wiley. p.114)
* "The Order, a faction of the Aryan Nations, seized national attention during the 1980s. The tightly organized racist and anti-Semitic group opposed the federal government, calling it the "ZOG," or Zionist Occupation Government." ("Homeland Security" by Mark Sauter and James Carafano (2005) - McGraw-Hill. p.122)] and
Europe, ["... the neo-Nazis have proclaimed themselves a white/Aryan resistance movement fighting the Zionist Occupation Government (ZOG) and racial traitors." ("Fascism and Neofascism: Critical Writings on the Radical Right in Europe" (Studies in European Culture and History) (2004) - Palgrave Macmillan p.208)] ultra-nationalists such as Pamyatin Russiaand right-wing groups in Polandcite book| author = Robert Blobaum | title= Antisemitism And Its Opponents In Modern Poland | publisher = Cornell University Press| year =1983 | url = http://books.google.com/books?vid=ISBN0801489695&id=gXisr7fgDjwC&pg=PA97&lpg=PA97&ots=HPSPnptsOw&dq=zydokomuna&sig=3joDtgo-m6NQriwVofZZ_sp_X30 | isbn = 0-691-11306-8 p.97] and Sweden.
The word "Zionist" in "Zionist Occupation Government" is derived from the ideology of
Zionism, the movement for support of a Jewish state in the Land of Israel. As the conspiracy theorists chiefly name countries outside that area, the usage of "Zionist" in this context is misleading, and intended to portray Jews as conspirators who aim to control the world, as in the forgery " The Protocols of the Elders of Zion". ["One of the most widely distributed anti-Semitic tracts in history is " The Protocols of the Elders of Zion", a book of canards authored in the nineteenth century that portrays Jews as conspiring to seek global dominance. Similarly, American-based racist groups in this last century have frequently leveled accusations against Jews for controlling both banks and public officials." ("Judaism and Justice: The Jewish Passion to Repair the World" by Rabbi Sidney Schwarz (Jewish Lights Publishing, 2006) ISBN 1580233120. p.96)]
One early appearance of the term was in 1976 in an article, "Welcome to ZOG-World", attributed to an American
neo-Nazi Eric Thomson. [ Canadian White Nationalists use the term "ZOG" as well. [http://www.faem.com/eric/2000/et047.htm Welcome to ZOG-World, by Eric Thomson] ] The term came to the attention of a larger audience in a December 27, 1984article in " The New York Times" about robberies committed in Californiaand Washingtonby a white supremacist group, The Order. According to the newspaper, the crimes "were conducted to raise money for a war upon the United States Government, which the group calls 'ZOG,' or Zionist Occupation Government." [cite news
Canadian White Nationalists use this term as well.
author = Wayne King
title = Links of Anti-semitic Band Provoke 6-state Parley
work = The New York Times
publisher = The New York Times Company
page = 7
date = 1984-12-27
accessdate = 2007-04-09 ]
The Order of the Silent Brotherhood was an offshoot of the
Aryan Nations, an organization founded in the early 1970s by Richard G. Butler; the latter had since the 1950s been associated with another antisemitic group, called the Church of Jesus Christ Christian. Both of these groups trace their origins to antisemitic activists, like Gerald L. K. Smith, and have interacted with the Ku Klux Klan.
The name was publicized extensively in Aryan Nations literature. In December 1984, almost ten years before the appearance of the
World Wide Web, " Newsweek" magazine reported that the Aryan Nations had set up a bulletin boardcalled " Aryan Nation Liberty Net" to offer information such as, for instance, the locations of Communist Party offices and "ZOG informers".
In 1985, the Oregon-based radical group Posse Comitatus announced: "Our nation is now completely under the control of the International Invisible government of the World Jewry." ["Christian Posse Comitatus Newsletter," n.d. quoted in Kenneth S. Stern, "A Force upon the Plain: The American Militia Movement and the Politics of Hate" (NY: Simon & Shuster, 1996) p.50]
In 1996, the Aryan Nations posted on its website an "
AryanDeclaration of Independence", in which we find that "the history of the present Zionist Occupied Government of the United States of America is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations... [all] having a direct object—the establishment of an absolute tyranny over these states." Holding "the eradication of the White raceand its culture" as "one of its foremost purposes", the "ZOG" is accused of relinquishing "powers of government to private corporations, White traitors and ruling classJewish families."
Since 1996 the name has spread in usage, and is now popular with many other antisemitic organizations. Swedish Neo-Nazis, for example, say that Jews (in what they call the Swedish Zionist Occupied Government) are importing immigrants to "dilute the blood of the white race". [Allan Pred, "Even in Sweden", University of California Press: 2000.] Websites such as
Jew Watchaccuse the entire spectrum of Western nations, and other countries like the Commonwealth of Independent Statesof being ruled by "Zionist Occupation Governments". [cite web | url=http://www.jewwatch.com/jew-occupiedgovernments-folder.html | title=Jewish Occupied Governments | publisher=Jew Watch | accessdate=2008-01-09] Satirical references to the phrase are also common, for example the website Creedish Occupied Government, which claims that the government is controlled by the Amish. [ [http://www.autistici.org/loa/snd/survivor/official/uncreed/ Creedish Occupied Government! ] ]
ZOG in popular culture
* In the film
American History X, the character Seth sings a song which includes the line "We're taking down the ZOG machine, Jew by Jew by Jew". Music
John Zorn's Group Slanhas a song called Z.O.G. as seen on the album "Live at the Knitting Factory Volume 3". Computer Games
Origin's Ultimagames, the wizard named Zog casted the Armageddon spell, destroying the whole world. In some games of the series, there was a group of evil wizards called The Zog Cabal.
In late 1990ies, Origin was blamed for anti-Semitism due to this and publicly apologized, promising to remove all traces of the name "Zog" from the later games and replacing "The Zog Cabal" with "The Followers of Armageddon".
* [http://www.adl.org/poisoning_web/aryan_nations.asp Poisoning the Web: Hatred Online] (website of the
* [http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0618/p02s01-ussc.html Extremists conflicted] (from the "
Christian Science Monitor")
* [http://www.splcenter.org Southern Poverty Law Center Website] See also:
Southern Poverty Law Center
* [http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?sid=55 The role of race-based gangs and other extremists in America's prisons]
* [http://newint.org/features/2004/10/01/conspiracism/ ZOG ate my Brains: Conspiracy theories about Jews abound] - by
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Zionist Occupation Government — ZOG, acronyme de Zionist Occupation Government (Gouvernement d occupation sioniste) ou de Zionist Occupied Government (Gouvernement occupé par les sionistes), est une théorie du complot juif antisioniste selon laquelle le ou les gouvernements… … Wikipédia en Français
Zionist Occupation Government — Dieser Artikel oder Abschnitt ist nicht hinreichend mit Belegen (Literatur, Webseiten oder Einzelnachweisen) versehen. Die fraglichen Angaben werden daher möglicherweise demnächst gelöscht. Hilf Wikipedia, indem du die Angaben recherchierst und… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Zionist occupation government. — Dieser Artikel oder Abschnitt ist nicht hinreichend mit Belegen (Literatur, Webseiten oder Einzelnachweisen) versehen. Die fraglichen Angaben werden daher möglicherweise demnächst gelöscht. Hilf Wikipedia, indem du die Angaben recherchierst und… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Zionist Occupied Government — (englisch Zionistisch besetzte Regierung, abgekürzt ZOG) ist ein in rechtsextremistisch antisemitischen Kreisen verwendetes politisches Schlagwort, das eine angeblich zionistisch beherrschte Regierung bezeichnet. Als „Zionist“ wird dabei von den… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Zionist Occupational Government — Dieser Artikel oder Abschnitt ist nicht hinreichend mit Belegen (Literatur, Webseiten oder Einzelnachweisen) versehen. Die fraglichen Angaben werden daher möglicherweise demnächst gelöscht. Hilf Wikipedia, indem du die Angaben recherchierst und… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem by Jordan — The West Bank and East Jerusalem were occupied by Jordan (formerly Transjordan) for a period of nearly two decades (1948 ndash;1967) starting from the 1948 Arab Israeli War. In 1950, with British approval, and despite Arab League opposition,… … Wikipedia
Gouvernement d'occupation sioniste — Zionist Occupation Government Antisémitisme Fondamentaux Définitions : Antijudaïsme · Antisémitisme · Judéophobie Allégations : « Peuple déicide, perfide et usurier, profanateurs … Wikipédia en Français
Criticism of the Israeli government — State of Israel … Wikipedia
Jordanian occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem — West Bank and East Jerusalem Annexed by Jordan ← … Wikipedia
ZOG — Zionist Occupation Government Antisémitisme Fondamentaux Définitions : Antijudaïsme · Antisémitisme · Judéophobie Allégations : « Peuple déicide, perfide et usurier, profanateurs … Wikipédia en Français