- Descartes (disambiguation)
René Descartes was a French mathematician and philosopher.
Descartes may also refer to:
- University of Paris V: René Descartes, a university in Paris
- The Descartes Prize, the European prize for excellence in scientific research and science communication
- Descartes (crater), on the Moon
- Descartes Highlands, landing site of Apollo 16
- Descartes (plotting tool), computer software
- Descartes, Indre-et-Loire, a commune of France
- Descartes Editeur, a French game publishing company
- René Descartes (ship), a cable-laying ship operated by France Télécom
- Descartes (company), a messaging service provider for logistics trading partners
- Descartes' rule of signs, a mathematical technique devised by René Descartes that is used to find the number of positive, negative, and imaginary roots of a polynomial
- French frigate Descartes
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Descartes' theorem (disambiguation) — Descartes theorem may refer to: Descartes theorem concerning four mutually tangent circles Descartes theorem on total angular defect Descartes rule of signs This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an … Wikipedia
Descartes' theorem — For other uses, see Descartes theorem (disambiguation). In geometry, Descartes theorem, named after René Descartes, establishes a relationship between four kissing, or mutually tangent, circles. The theorem can be used to construct a fourth… … Wikipedia
René Descartes — Descartes redirects here. For other uses, see Descartes (disambiguation). René Descartes Portrait after Frans Ha … Wikipedia
Meditation (disambiguation) — Meditation may refer to: Meditation is any of a family of techniques that involve the self induction of a mode of consciousness in order to realize some benefit. For meditation as practiced in Buddhism, see Buddhist meditation Literature For the… … Wikipedia
World (disambiguation) — World primarily refers to the planet Earth.World may also refer to:Conceptual* World (adjective), meaning phenomena that span the globe * World (philosophy), a term for all things that make up reality * World (theology), a term referring to human … Wikipedia
Res (disambiguation) — Res or RES may refer to: * RES (magazine), a bimonthly media lifestyle magazine ** RESFest, a digital short film festival run by the magazine * Review of Economic Studies * Res, an R B singer * RES Registrazioni e Suoni (English: RES Recordings… … Wikipedia
Nous — For the philosophy journal, see Noûs. Philosophy … Wikipedia
Augustine of Hippo — This article is about the theologian and philosopher, Augustine of Hippo. For his theodicy regarding the problem of evil, see Augustinian theodicy. Augustine , Saint Augustine , and Augustinus redirect here. For other uses, see Augustine… … Wikipedia
Light — For other uses, see Light (disambiguation). Visible light redirects here. For other uses, see Visible light (disambiguation) … Wikipedia
Rationalism — This article is about the philosophical method, position, theory, or view. For other uses, see Rationalism (disambiguation). In epistemology and in its modern sense, rationalism is any view appealing to reason as a source of knowledge or… … Wikipedia