- Leszek Możdżer
Leszek Możdżer Background information Birth name Lesław Możdżer Born 23 March 1971
Gdańsk, Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland
Genres Jazz Occupations Musician Instruments Piano Labels Outside Music Website www.mozdzer.com
He has graduated from the Academy of Music in Gdansk, Poland. He is a winner of many music & culture awards, including Ad Astra, Jazz Oscars, Jazz Forum Award, Jazz Melomani Awards, and many others.
He started in a band of clarinetist Emil Kowalski, then he played with the band Milosc, which was very successful.
He has worked with such artists and groups as Marcus Miller, David Gilmour, John Scofield, Lars Danielsson, Pat Metheny, Lester Bowie, Zbigniew Namysłowski, Tomasz Stańko, Jan A. P. Kaczmarek, Zbigniew Preisner, Anna Maria Jopek, Kazik Staszewski, Behemoth, Michal Urbaniak, Grammatik, Andrzej Olejniczak, Janusz Radek, Adam Klocek, Tymon Tymanski and others.. He is famous for his "Impressions," subtle new interpretations of Chopin's compositions. His recordings are the most popular jazz albums in Poland.
In 1996 he graduated from the Instrumental Faculty of Academy of Music in Gdansk with honours.
- Miłość - Miłość (1992)
- Damage, with Zbigniew Preisner (1992)
- Secretely & Confidentionally, with Zbigniew Namysłowski (1993)
- Chopin - Impressions (1994)
- Miłość - Taniec smoka (1994)
- A Farewell to Maria, with Tomasz Stańko (1994)
- Lonely Town, with Piotr Wojtasik (1995)
- Miłość & Lester Bowie - Not Two (1995)
- Live In Holy City, with Michał Urbaniak (1996)
- Talk to Jesus (1996), Lesław Możdżer Sextet
- Miłość - Asthmatic (1996)
- Leszek Możdżer & David Friesen - Facing The Wind (1996)
- Leszek Możdżer & Adam Pierończyk - Live in Sofia (1997)
- Requiem to my Friend, with Zbigniew Preisner (1998)
- Impressions on Chopin (1999)
- 10 łatwych utworów na fortepian solo, with Zbigniew Preisner (2000)
- Bosa, with Anna Maria Jopek (2000)
- Barefoot, with Anna Maria Jopek (2002)
- Nienasycenie, with Anna Maria Jopek (2002)
- Anna Maria Jopek & Friends with Pat Metheny - Upojenie, (2002)
- Farat, with Anna Maria Jopek (2003)
- Piano (2004)
- At The Carnegie Hall, with Adam Makowicz (2004)
- PianoLive (2004)
- The Time, with Lars Danielsson and Zohar Fresco (2005)
- Secret, with Anna Maria Jopek (2005)
- Between us and the light with Lars Danielsson and Zohar Fresco (2006)
- The Apostasy with Behemoth (2007). He makes a guest appearance on the track "Inner Sanctum"
- Pasodoble with Lars Danielsson (2007)
- Live with Lars Danielsson and Zohar Fresco (2007)
- ID, with Anna Maria Jopek (2007)
- Live in Gdańsk (as a special guest with David Gilmour) (2008)
- Firebird V11, with Phil Manzanera (2008)
- Tarantella, with Lars Danielsson (2009)
- Komeda (2011)
This article about a jazz pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.