- Chris Adler (drummer)
With Lamb of God at Sonisphere Sweden 2009
Background information Birth name Christopher James Adler Born November 23, 1972 Origin Richmond, Virginia Genres Groove metal, metalcore Years active 1989–present Labels Epic Associated acts Lamb of God, Burn the Priest, Jettison Charlie, Blotted Science, Testament Website lamb-of-god.com
Christopher James Adler (born November 23, 1972) is an American drummer, best known as a member of the groove metal band Lamb Of God. He is the older brother of bandmate and guitarist Willie Adler. Chris had played in several local bands before joining Lamb of God in 1994.
Adler attended Bishop Ireton High School in Alexandria, Virginia; Adler attended college at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia where he met current bandmates John Campbell and Mark Morton. His inspirations include former Wrathchild America drummer Shannon Larkin and Stewart Copeland of The Police.
Before devoting his career to Lamb of God, Adler was planning a career as a Network Engineer. He is Microsoft certified. Adler admits that even today he still gets nervous before big shows, "I have to watch the video when we are done because I kinda black out and just run on adrenaline and muscle memory." His favorite song to play live is Hourglass.
According to DRUM! Magazine, Adler describes his first drum kit as a disaster:
“The bass drum legs were different lengths so they wouldn’t touch the ground at the same time. Every time I would hit it, it would wobble from left to right. The cymbal stands were duct taped together, and I think after two or three times playing the kit, the pedalboard actually broke in half because it was made of that crappy old fake metal."
When asked how Wrath would differ from the previous albums, Adler had this to say.
"I'm happy to be done because it was the most intense playing since As The Palaces Burn, and I proved to myself that I still got it. This new stuff is heavy duty. This album is going to be more aggressive than the last 2. We want to get back to the nasty stuff."
It is suggested on the Killedelphia DVD that his beard is in fact a hair prosthesis, though this is likely to be a joke, typical of the bands on the road antics.
Chris Adler's equipment
Chris Adler uses Black Panther Series Mapex Drums, his own signature Black Panther 12x5.5" snare, and Gibraltar Hardware. He also uses and endorses Aquarian Drumheads, Pro-Mark signature Sticks, Trick V-1 PRO Pedals and Meinl Cymbals. Chris helped Meinl produce the 24" MB20 Pure Metal Ride for him and helped with the creation of the 12" Soundcaster Custom Distortion Splash. He also uses a Roland pad and TD-7 Module to trigger an 808.
Current tour kit
- Drums - Mapex Black Panther Blaster Series in Transparent Walnut Burst (Walnut Shells) 
- 10"x9" Tom
- 12"×10" Tom
- 16"×16" Floor Tom
- 18"×16" Floor Tom
- 22"×18" Bass Drum (×2)
- 12"×5.5" Chris Adler Signature Black Panther Snare (Discontinued)
- Cymbals – Meinl 
- 14" Generation X Filter China
- 16" Generation X Filter China
- 17" Byzance China (Prototype)
- 14" Soundcaster Custom Medium Soundwave Hihat - 14" Byzance Dark Hihat
- 8" Byzance Splash
- 12" Soundcaster Custom Distortion Splash
- 14" Soundcaster Custom Medium Crash
- 16" Mb8 Medium Crash
- 18" Byzance Medium Thin Crash
- 24" Mb20 Pure Metal Ride (Signature model)
- 8" Classics High Bell
- Drumheads - Aquarian
- Toms: Clear Response 2 - Classic Clear
- Bass: Clear Superkick 2 - Custom Resonant
- Snare: Coated Hi-Energy snare batter - Classic clear snare side
- Other 
- Demo Tape (1989, Independently Released)
With Cry Havoc
- Demo Tape (1993, Independently Released)
With Jettison Charlie
- Hitchhiking to Budapest (1994, Turn of The Century)
- "Legions of The Unjazzed"/"I Love You, You Bastard" EP (1996, Peas Kor Records)
- Demo Tape (1996, Independently Released)
With Burn the Priest
- Demo Tape (1995, Independently Released)
- Split with ZED (1997, Goatboy Records)
- Split with Agents of Satan (1998, Deaf American Recordings)
- Sevens and More (1998, mp3.com)
- Burn the Priest (1998, Legion Records)
With Lamb of God
- New American Gospel (2000, Prosthetic Records)
- As the Palaces Burn (2003, Prosthetic Records)
- Terror And Hubris DVD (2004, Prosthetic Records)
- Ashes of the Wake (2004, Epic Records)
- Killadelphia DVD (2005, Epic Records)
- Killadelphia (2005, Epic Records)
- Sacrament (2006, Epic Records)
- Sacrament DVD (2006, Epic Records)
- Walk With Me In Hell DVD (2008, Roadrunner Records/Epic Records)
- Wrath (2009, Epic Records/Roadrunner Records)
- "Full On" Now That's Metal Compilation CD (1996, mp3.com), Sevens and More (1998, mp3.com), Bedroom Compilation Cassette (1995, FFF)
- The Dark Roots of Earth (2011, Nuclear Blast) (though technically not a member of Testament, Chris has recorded some drum tracks for this album)
- Drum Nation Volume 3 (2006, Magna Carta) feat. Ron Jarzombek
- Chris Adler and Jason Bittner: Live at Modern Drummer Festival 2005 DVD (2006, Hudson Music)
- ^ "Lamb of God's Chris Adler Talks Drums (w/ Audio) - in Interviews". Metal Underground.com. http://www.metalunderground.com/interviews/details.cfm?newsid=65630. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- ^ Linda Friedel (2011-03-16). "Drum clinic rocks local music store - Wednesday Sun News Story - Kansas City". Kccommunitynews.com. http://www.kccommunitynews.com/wednesday-sun-news/27205876/detail.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- ^ "Chris Adler: Working Man's Metal". DRUM! Magazine. http://www.drummagazine.com/features/post/chris-adler-working-mans-metal/.
- ^ "Lamb of God interview". YouTube. 2007-02-19. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D91k1aOy1tY. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- ^ a b "DRUMHEAD Magazine". Drumheadmag.com. http://www.drumheadmag.com/web/feature.php?id=34. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- ^ "MEINL_cymbals_2008.pdf" (PDF). http://meinlcymbals.com/fileadmin/downloads/MEINL_cymbals__guide_2008_web.pdf. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- ^ "Pictures of Chris Adler's new kit-HE LEFT AXIS". Pearl Drummers Forum. http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?t=173543&page=1&pp=12. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- ^ "Testament: New Album Title Revealed; Tour With Anthrax, Overkill, Death Angel Planned". http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=160680.
- Official website
- Official Lamb of God website
- Lamb of God on Myspace
- Interview with musician Chris Adler on ink19.com
- Interview with musician Chris Adler on Rockdetector.com
- Video clips, pictures and information about musician Chris Adler.
- DRUM! Magazine
- Maker of the Pro 1-V/Bigfoot Chris plays
- Home of the artist page for Chris Adler @ Trick Drums
Lamb of God Studio albums Live albums Demos & Extended playsBurn the Priest • Demo • Pure American Metal SplitsBurn the Priest / ZED • Burn the Priest / Agents of Satan Videos Singles CompilationsSevens and More • Hourglass: The Anthology BooksThe Making of New American Gospel Related articles
- Drums - Mapex Black Panther Blaster Series in Transparent Walnut Burst (Walnut Shells) 
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Chris Adler — may refer to: Chris Adler (actor) (born 1975), American actor Chris Adler (drummer) (born 1972), American drummer This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same personal name. If an … Wikipedia
Chris Adler — en Sonisphere 2009 Datos generales Nombre real Christopher James Adler … Wikipedia Español
Chris Adler — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Adler. Chris Adler en 2009. Chris Adler est né le 23 novembre 1972 à Washington, aux États Unis. Tout … Wikipédia en Français
Adler — The term Adler, the German word for the bird of prey eagle , is both the last name of many people and an emblematic bird (notably in heraldry, bannistics, numismatics etc.) featured on many blazons since the feudal age, including the present… … Wikipedia
Chris Weber — For the basketball player, see Chris Webber. Chris Weber Born October 16, 1966 (1966 10 16) (age 45) Los Angeles, California, U.S. Genres Hard rock, heavy metal, post grunge … Wikipedia
Steven Adler — (* 22. Januar 1965 in Cleveland, Ohio) ist ein US amerikanischer Schlagzeuger und war von 1985–1990 Mitglied der Rockband Guns N Roses. Adler gründete 1983 gemeinsam mit dem späteren Guns N Roses Gitarristen Slash die Band Road Crew, in der er… … Deutsch Wikipedia
List of people from Virginia — This is a list of notable people who were born in the U.S. state of Virginia, were raised or lived in Virginia, or for whom Virginia is a significant part of their identity. Those not born in Virginia are marked with §.A* Alden Aaroe WRVA talk… … Wikipedia
Lamb of God (band) — Infobox musical artist Name = Lamb of God Img capt = Randy Blythe and Willie Adler performing at With Full Force in 2007 Img size = 250 Landscape = Yes Background = group or band Alias = Burn the Priest Origin = Richmond, Virginia, United States… … Wikipedia
List of drummers — This is a list of notable drummers, mostly in the fields of metal, rock, and jazz. Only add names here if the person has their own article on Wikipedia anything else will be removed. CompactTOC8Expand list|date=August 2008 A * Josh Abbott (My Red … Wikipedia
Blotted Science — Infobox musical artist Name = Blotted Science Img capt = Background = group or band Origin = San Antonio, U.S. Genre = Technical Metal Progressive Metal Extreme Metal Years active = 2005–present Label = EcletricElectric URL =… … Wikipedia