- David A. McIntee
David A. McIntee Born 31 December 1968 Nationality British Period 1993– Genres Science fiction Notable work(s) Beautiful Monsters
David A. McIntee is a British writer.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Bibliography
- 3 References
- 4 External links
McIntee has written many spin-off novels based on the BBC science fiction television series Doctor Who, as well as one each based on Final Destination and Space: 1999. He has also written a non-fiction book on Star Trek: Voyager and one jointly on the Alien and Predator movie franchises. He has written several audio plays, and contributed to various magazines including Dreamwatch, SFX, Star Trek Communicator, Titan's Star Trek Magazine, Death Ray and The Official Star Wars Fact Files. He currently writes for the UK's Asian-entertainment magazine, Neo
Between 2006 and 2008, McIntee co-edited an anthology, Shelf Life, in memory of fellow Doctor Who novelist Craig Hinton, which was published in December 2008 to raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
McIntee made the jump to Star Trek fiction in October 2007, with "On The Spot", a story in the Star Trek: The Next Generation anthology The Sky's The Limit. This will be followed with a novella in the anthology Seven Deadly Sins in March 2010.
In January 2008, Blue Water Productions began publishing The Kingdom Of Hades, a comic book sequel to Ray Harryhausen's 1963 movie Jason and the Argonauts. This is a five-issue series, though some early publicity erroneously quoted it as being four issues long. He is following this title with a four-issue mini-series, William Shatner Presents: Quest For Tomorrow.
In 2010, Powys Media published McIntee's novel Space: 1999 Born for Adversity.
Virgin New Adventures
Virgin Missing Adventures
Past Doctor Adventures
- The Face of the Enemy (1998)
- Mission: Impractical (1998)
- The Wages of Sin (1999)
- Bullet Time (2001)
- The Eleventh Tiger (2004)
Eighth Doctor Adventures
- Autumn Mist (1999)
Big Finish audio plays
Other audio plays
- The Quality Of Mercy (BBV, 2003)
- The Sky's The Limit story: "On The Spot". (Pocket Books, 2007)
- Seven Deadly Sins novella: Reservoir Ferengi. (Pocket Books, 2010)
- Indistinguishable From Magic. (Pocket Books, 2011)
- Destination Zero (2005)
- Born For Adversity (2010)
- Delta Quadrant: The Unofficial Guide to Voyager (Virgin Books, 2000)
- Beautiful Monsters: The Unofficial and Unauthorised Guide to the Alien and Predator Films (Telos, 272 pages, 2005, ISBN 1-903889-94-4)
- Ray Harryhausen Presents: Jason And The Argonauts - The Kingdom Of Hades (with Randy Kintz, 5-issue limited series, Bluewater Productions, November 2007-)
- William Shatner Presents: Quest For Tomorrow (4-issue miniseries, Bluewater Productions, forthcoming)
- ^ "News: Shore Leave 2008". Unreality SF. 12 July 2008. http://unreality-sf.net/news/july2008_shoreleave.html. Retrieved 31 January 2010.
- ^ Vasseur, Richard; Klinelhoets, Allen (8 November 2008). "Interview with David A. McIntee". Jazma Online. http://www.jazmaonline.com/interviews/interviews2008.asp?intID=236. Retrieved 31 January 2010.
- ^ "The Light of Heaven". Abaddon Books website. February 2009. http://www.abaddonbooks.com/titles/title_details/the_light_of_heaven. Retrieved 31 January 2010.
- ^ Latham, Bill (19 December 2009). "Space: 1999 Born for Adversity". Powys Media website. http://www.captphilonline.com/powys/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=60. Retrieved 31 January 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
David Kano — Clifton Jones as Computer Operative David Kano Species Human Gender Male Hair color Black Eye … Wikipedia
Sketches featured on Late Show with David Letterman — CBS s Late Show with David Letterman regularly features different sketches that follow the monologue and precede interviews with guests. Often these are repeated absurdist segments, involving various cast members, Dave s friends, audience… … Wikipedia
Ian Chesterton — Doctorwhocharacter name=Ian series=Doctor Who affiliation=First Doctor race=Human planet=Earth era=1963 start= An Unearthly Child finish= The Chase portrayed=William RussellRoy Castle (film)Ian Chesterton is a fictional character in the British… … Wikipedia
List of non-televised Seventh Doctor stories — In addition to the televised episodes of Doctor Who starring Sylvester McCoy, the Seventh Doctor has appeared in a number of spin off media.Audio dramas* The Sirens of Time * The Fearmonger * The Genocide Machine * The Fires of Vulcan * The… … Wikipedia
Mission: Impractical — Doctor Who book Mission: Impractical Series Past Doctor Adventures … Wikipedia
Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart — Doctor Who universe character Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge Stewart in Invasion of the Dinosaurs Briga … Wikipedia
Barbara Wright (Doctor Who) — Doctorwhocharacter Jacqueline Hill as Barbara Wright name=Barbara Wright series=Doctor Who affiliation=First Doctor race=Human planet=Earth era=1963 start= An Unearthly Child finish= The Chase portrayed=Jacqueline HillJennie Linden (film)Barbara… … Wikipedia
Virgin New Adventures — The Virgin New Adventures (NA series, or NAs) were a series of novels from Virgin Publishing based on the British science fiction television series Doctor Who. They continued the story of the Doctor from the point … Wikipedia
Virgin Missing Adventures — The Virgin Missing Adventures were a series of novels from Virgin Publishing based on the British science fiction television series Doctor Who, which had been cancelled in 1989, featuring stories set between televised episodes of the programme.… … Wikipedia
Vicki — Doctorwhocharacter name=Vicki series=Doctor Who affiliation=First Doctor race=Human planet=Earth era=25th century start= The Rescue finish= The Myth Makers portrayed=Maureen O BrienVicki is a fictional character played by Maureen O Brien in the… … Wikipedia