- Resource (Windows)
Windows APIprovides for easy access to all applications' resources.
Each resource has a type and a name, both being either numeric identifiers or strings.
The programmer can also define custom data types in resources.
The icon that Windows displays for a program file is actually the first icon resource in its EXE file. If the EXE file has no icon resources, a standard icon is displayed.
The version resource for EXE and DLL files is displayed in the "Version" tab of their property pages.
Resources always have a language attached to them and Windows will automatically use the most fitting language if possible. This allows for programs adapting their language to the locale of the user.
Editors are available that can modify resources embedded in EXE or DLL files. These are typically used to translate all strings of an application to another language, or to modify its icons and bitmaps accordingly.
* [http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646975.aspx Introduction to Resources]
*Article " [http://www.askvg.com/tutorial-all-about-resource-hacker-in-a-brief-tutorial/ All About Resource Hacker in a Brief Tutorial ] "
*Article " [http://www.askvg.com/category/resource-hacker/ Lots of Other Resource Hacker Tutorials ] "
*Article " [http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/RCManager.asp Using Resources In Windows Applications] "
*Article " [http://www.codeproject.com/library/Resources.asp Using Resources in the VCF] " by
*Article " [http://www.resource-builder.com/using_html_resources.html Using HTML resources to create user interface for your applications] "
* [http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Debuggers-Decompilers-Dissasemblers/DeDe.shtml DeDe] (
* [http://www.resedit.net/ ResEdit] (
* [http://www.resource-builder.com/ Resource Builder] (
* [http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/ Resource Hacker] (
* [http://www.heaventools.com/ Resource Tuner] (
* [http://www.bome.com/Restorator/ Restorator] (
* [http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d10resourceeditor.htm XN Resource Editor] (Open Source)
* [http://www.godevtool.com/ GoRC] (
Freeware) resource compiler for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows programming
* [http://www.multiextractor.com/ MultiExtractor] (
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.