- Ovum Ltd.
Ovum Industry Research Founded 1985 Headquarters London, United Kingdom Area served Global Products Research
Parent Informa Website http://www.ovum.com/
Ovum Ltd. is an independent  analyst and consultancy firm headquartered in London, specializing in global coverage of IT, and telecommunications industries. It began operations in 1985 and by 2005 claimed to be the largest technology analyst firm that was headquartered outside of the United States. Ovum also has offices in Paris, New York, Boston, Melbourne, Seoul, Hyderabad, Hong Kong and Tokyo amongst others. Its main competitors are Gartner, Forrester and IDC.
Having previously been a private company it was listed on AIM in 2006 and was bought by Datamonitor in December 2006. Datamonitor was itself acquired by Informa in 2007. Despite the company having been acquired, the brand has been maintained. In 2011 Ovum has separated from Datamonitor to allow the company to focus on strengthening its core technology and telecoms offerings and growing its presence in key markets. Currently Ovum operates as a standalone company, but remains a part of the Informa Group and has been aligned with Informa Telecoms and Media (ITM).
Ovum research is based on independently audited methodologies that include rigorous and fact-based research that draws from over 400,000 interviews a year with business and technology, telecoms and sourcing decision-makers.
Ovum runs a range of industry events for the IT and Telecom sectors that are designed to keep CIOs and senior IT management appraised of the latest developments in technology. Through a mix of master classes, strategy briefings, symposia, webinars and its annual Ovum Industry Congress . Events are free to attend for business and IT managers.
Top Level Organisation
- Brett Azuma, Managing Director
- Shelly Centeio, Global Operations Manager
- Sophie Danby, Global Operations Manager
- Richard Mahony, Telecoms R&A Director
- Ian Charlesworth, IT R&A Director
- Eamonn Kennedy, Services & Sourcing Director
- Damien McInerny, Global Sales Director
- Antonio Bartolome, General Manager, APAC
- Carolyn Dawson, Events Director
- ^ Ovum's Independence charter, http://ovum.com/about-ovum/independence-charter/
- ^ "The leading European headquartered authority", Independent survey conducted on Jan 2004, cited on a corporate brochure: .
- ^ Palmer, Maija and Rafferty, Eammon "Ovum to raise £7.5m for acquisitions" FT, February 13, 2006
- ^ http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2011/05/24/246758/Ovum-Congress-2011-Mobile-devices-bring-performance-and-cost-benefits-to.htm
- ^ Digital Music Revenues Projected To Reach $20 Billion By 2015 http://blogs.forbes.com/ericsavitz/2011/03/07/digital-music-revenues-projected-to-reach-20-billion-by-2015/
- ^ Asia-Pacific smartphone use seen doubling by 2016 http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/asiapacific-smartphone-use-seen-doubling-by-2016-2251869.html
Taylor & Francis Informa
Business InformationInforma HealthcareScrip World Pharmaceutical News • JournalsInforma ProfessionalLloyd's Law Reports • Trademark World • Patent World • Banking Technology • Insurance DayInforma Cargo InformationInternational Freighting Weekly • Containerisation InternationalAgra InformaF.O.LichtOther
Financial InformationInforma Research Services • Informa Investment Solutions • Informa Global Markets • International Insider
Telecoms & MediaMobile Communications International
ConferencesAdam Smith Conferences • Euroforum • IBC • ICBI • IIR • Informa Sports Group
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Ovum — RHK Logo de Ovum RHK Création 1995 Personnages clés Chris Dines, CEO … Wikipédia en Français
Ovum-rhk — Logo de Ovum RHK Création 1995 Personnages clés Chris Dines, CEO … Wikipédia en Français
Ovum (disambiguation) — Ovum commonly refers to: Ovum, oosphere or egg cell: the female gamete involved in oogamous sexual reproduction Ovum may also refer to: In music: Ovum Recordings, a music record label in Philadelphia A song on the second studio album, The… … Wikipedia
Ovum-RHK — Logo de Ovum RHK Création 1995 Personnages clés Chris Dines, CEO … Wikipédia en Français
Nortel Networks Ltd. — Nortel Logo de Nortel Networks Corporation Création 1895 à Montréal … Wikipédia en Français
Datamonitor — Type Subsidiary Industry Market Intelligence Founded 1989 Founder(s) Mike Danson … Wikipedia
Weidner Communications — Inc. was founded by Stephen Weidner in 1977 and marketed the “Weidner Multi Lingual Word Processing System as it was produced at the Eyring Research Institute through 1978, by his brother s (Bruce Wydner) company, The Inns of the Temple Inc., in… … Wikipedia
Omega Performance — Corporation is a United States based performance improvement company that primarily serves financial services organizations from major offices in over a dozen countries around the world. Commonly referred to as Omega, the company provides… … Wikipedia
Taylor and Francis — Taylor Francis Group is an international company originating in the United Kingdom which publishes books and academic journals. In 2004 it merged with Informa to create a new company called T F Informa (since simplified back to Informa). Taylor… … Wikipedia
Industry analyst — An industry analyst performs primary and secondary market research within a particular segment of an industry such as information technology or telecommunications to determine accurate market descriptions, market trends, forecasts and models.… … Wikipedia