- Specialist Crime Directorate
The Specialist Crime Directorate (SCD) is one of the main branches of the
London Metropolitan Police Service. It deals with a wide range of criminality from murderto organised crime. Assistant Commissioner John Yatesis currently the head of the directorate. The Directorate is the lead national police agency with regard to specialist crime investigations such as e-crime, sex crimes (peadophile unit) or kidnappings, hostage taking and contract killings.
It encompasses several
Operational Command Units:
* Homicide and Serious Crime (SCD1) - Provides the 'murder squads' which investigate nearly all murders in London.
* Forensic Services (SCD4) - Provides crime scene examiners,
fingerprinting and photography.
* Child Abuse Investigation Command (SCD5) - Child Abuse Investigation Teams deal with all aspects of this emotive crime, including related murders.
Economic and Specialist Crime(SCD6) - The remit of this unit includes wildlife crime, antique smuggling, computer crime and fraud.
* Serious and Organised Crime (SCD7) - Responds to crimes including kidnappings and hostage taking. Commercial armed robberies are dealt with by the
Flying Squad, which is part of SCD7.
* Trident and Trafalgar (SCD8) - The Trident Operational Command Unit investigate gun crime in the black community, including murder. Trafalgar deals with all other gun crime that does not fall under any other unit's remit.
* Covert Policing (SCD10) - This section undertakes surveillance and other discreet policing tasks.
* Intelligence (SCD11) - Provides intelligence products to the rest of the police service.
* [http://www.met.police.uk/scd/index.htm Official SCD website]
* [http://www.teammet.com/crime_academy/index.html Metropolitan Police Crime Academy]
* [http://www.teammet.com/leadership/index.php Metropolitan Police Leadership Academy]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Economic and Specialist Crime — is an Operational Command Unit of the Specialist Crime Directorate within London s Metropolitan Police Service. The units main purpouse is to both investigate and take steps to prevent fraud, along with a wide range of other fraudulent crimes… … Wikipedia
Specialist Operations — Das Direktorat Specialist Operations (SO, engl. Sonderaufgaben) ist Teil des Metropolitan Police Service in London. Auf seinem Höhepunkt hatte das Direktorat zwanzig Fachgruppen, welche für Sonderaufgaben geschaffen wurden. Die Fachgruppen wurden … Deutsch Wikipedia
Specialist Firearms Command — Infobox Military Unit unit name=CO19 caption=Metropolitan Police Service, CO19 dates=1966–Present country=flagcountry|United Kingdom branch=Central Operations command structure= type=Central Operations role=Domestic Counter Terrorism and Law… … Wikipedia
Specialist Firearms Command — El Comando Especialista en Armas de Fuego (anteriormente conocido como SO19) es una rama de Operaciones Centrales del Servicio de la Policía Metropolitana, en Londres. El comando se encarga de proveer capacidad de respuesta en armas de fuego,… … Wikipedia Español
Specialist Operations — was a group of twenty specialist Metropolitan Police units which were set up in 1986 as part of Sir Kenneth Newman s restructuring of the Metropolitan Police Service. Most of the units designated SO units were already in existence, many of them… … Wikipedia
Serious Organised Crime Agency — Infobox Law enforcement agency agencyname = Serious Organised Crime Agency nativename = nativenamea = nativenamer = commonname = abbreviation = SOCA patch = patchcaption = logocaption = badge = badgecaption = flagcaption = motto = mottotranslated … Wikipedia
Serious and Organised Crime Group — The Serious and Organised Crime (SCD7) is a unit of the Metropolitan Police. It is part of the Specialist Crime Directorate and is divided into 10 units: [http://www.met.police.uk/scd/specialist units/serious and organised crime.htm] *Kidnap Unit … Wikipedia
Police National E-Crime Unit — The Police E Crime Unit is a part of the Specialist Crime Directorate of the Metropolitan Police Service in London, UK. It is known by its abbreviation, PCeU.Its purpose is to be a national centre of excellence to combat e crime in England, Wales … Wikipedia
Organisation and structure of the Metropolitan Police Service — Mounted MPS officer outside Buckingham Palace, London The Metropolitan Police Service of Greater London is organised into five main directorates, each with differing responsibilities. The main ones are Territorial Policing, the Specialist Crime… … Wikipedia
Operation Trident (Metropolitan Police) — For the naval attack of the same name, see Operation Trident (Indo Pakistani War). Operation Trident logo Operation Trident or Trident, is a Metropolitan Police Service unit set up to investigate and inform people about black gun crime , with… … Wikipedia