- Docking, Norfolk
Signpost in Docking
Docking shown within Norfolk
Area 25.79 km2 (9.96 sq mi) Population 1,150 - Density 45 /km2 (120 /sq mi) OS grid reference Parish Docking District King's Lynn and West Norfolk Shire county Norfolk Region East Country England Sovereign state United Kingdom Post town KING'S LYNN Postcode district PE31 Police Norfolk Fire Norfolk Ambulance East of England EU Parliament East of England List of places: UK • England • Norfolk
Docking is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk and contains the highest point in North West Norfolk. It covers an area of 25.79 km2 (9.96 sq mi) and had a population of 1,150 in 469 households as of the 2001 census. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
Docking has many small businesses including antique clothing and giftware, tea rooms and its own tattoo studio.
The village church is St Mary the Virgin.
- St. Henry Walpole Jesuit priest and martyr.
- Nick Aldis - Professional wrestler currently working for TNA and a Gladiator on the UK version of the show.
- Rev. George Smith defender of Rorke's Drift during the Zulu War of 1879 was born in Docking in 1845.
- ^ Census population and household counts for unparished urban areas and all parishes. Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council (2001). Retrieved 20 June 2009.
- ^ St Mary the Virgin
- History of the village
- Staffordshire House
- Map of Docking and surrounding areas
- RAF Docking airfield history
-  Lasting Image Tattoo
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.