- Chattahoochee and Gulf Railroad
Chattahoochee and Gulf Railroad Reporting mark CHAT Locale Southeast Alabama, Southwest Georgia Dates of operation 2003–2006 Predecessor Norfolk Southern Successor Chattahoochee Bay Track gauge 4 ft 8 1⁄2 in (1,435 mm) (standard gauge) Length 24.2 miles (38.9 km) Headquarters Dothan, Alabama Chattahoochee Bay Railroad Reporting mark CHAT Locale Southeast Alabama, Southwest Georgia Dates of operation 2006– Predecessor Chattahoochee and Gulf Track gauge 4 ft 8 1⁄2 in (1,435 mm) (standard gauge) Length 28.2 miles (45.4 km) Headquarters Panama City, Florida
The Chattahoochee and Gulf Railroad (reporting mark CHAT) was a short line railroad operating from 2003 to 2006 between Hilton, Georgia and Dothan, Alabama, on former Central of Georgia and Norfolk Southern tracks. Initially the railroad was a subsidiary of Gulf and Ohio Railways. In 2006, the railroad was acquired by Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and combined with the adjacent H and S Railroad out of Dothan to form the Chattahoochee Bay Railroad.
Commodities include chemicals, forest products, food products, and feed, which generates approximately 5,500 annual carloads.
In 1900 the Chattahoochee and Gulf Railroad completed the constructed of a line from Columbia to Lockhart, Alabama. The railroad was leased and operated by the Central of Georgia until the line was abandoned from Lockhart to Hartford in 1940. The remaining line from Hilton, Georgia to Dothan, Alabama later changed hands into the Southern and Norfolk Southern in 1982.
On March 7, 2003 Norfolk Southern sold the line between Hilton and Dothan to the Chattahoochee and Gulf railroad, a Gulf & Ohio subsidiary. The railroad connected to another G&O subsidiary, the H and S Railroad, at Dothan.
Another railroad group, Genesee and Wyoming Inc., expanded into the region in 2003 and 2005 with acquisitions of the Chattahoochee Industrial Railroad and Bay Line Railroad respectively. As the Chattahoochee & Gulf connected with both subsidiaries G&W sought to fill the gap and purchased the C&G as well as the H&S in 2006. Both railroads were subsequently merged into a single operation, renamed the Chattahoochee Bay Railroad. This gave Genesee & Wyoming a contiguous route from the paper mill at Cedar Springs, Georgia and the ports of Panama City, Florida, allowing for more efficient operation under the unified carrier.
The Chattahoochee Bay railroad totals 28.2 miles (45.4 km) and interchanges with CSX Transportation and the Bay Line Railroad at Dothan, as well as Norfolk Southern and the Chattahoochee Industrial Railroad at Hilton.
- ^ a b c "Genesse & Wyoming Acquires Assets of Chattahoochee & Gulf Railroad". http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=64426&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=900494&highlight=. Retrieved 8 September 2010.
- ^ Lewis, Edward A. (1991). American Shortline Railway Guide (4 ed.). Kalmbach Publishing Company. pp. 116. ISBN 0890241090.
- ^ Lewis, Edward A. (1996). American Shortline Railway Guide (5 ed.). Kalmbach Publishing Company. pp. 357. ISBN 0890242909.
- ^ "STB Finance Docket No. 34298". 26 March 2003. http://www.stb.dot.gov/Decisions/readingroom.nsf/8fd5532a0c425c5c8525740f005f36d4/6f70660a7c26f67185256cee0078bc6f?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,Chattahoochee. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- ^ "STB Finance Docket No. 34299". 16 May 2003. http://www.stb.dot.gov/Decisions/readingroom.nsf/8fd5532a0c425c5c8525740f005f36d4/234ff2d3167507aa85256d1600563295?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,Chattahoochee. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- ^ "STB Finance Docket No. 34912". 15 September 2006. http://www.stb.dot.gov/Decisions/readingroom.nsf/8fd5532a0c425c5c8525740f005f36d4/9f72200ef995a784852571e6004fac99?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,Chattahoochee. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- ^ "STB Finance Docket No. 34913". 9 November 2006. http://www.stb.dot.gov/Decisions/readingroom.nsf/8fd5532a0c425c5c8525740f005f36d4/65eebe083c2a64c78525721b007642d1?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,Chattahoochee. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
Railroads of Alabama Common carriers Miscellaneous Former carriersSee also: List of United States railroads by political division Railroads of Georgia Common carriers Passenger carriers Former carriersSee also: List of United States railroads by political division
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Florida Central and Peninsular Railroad — Infobox SG rail railroad name=Florida Central and Peninsular Railroad logo filename= logo size= old gauge= marks= locale=Florida start year=1837 end year=1900 hq city=The Florida Central and Peninsular Railroad was the final name of a system of… … Wikipedia
Gulf and Ohio Railways — Gulf Ohio Railways is a holding company for eight different short line railroads in the Southern United States. G O is headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee [ [http://www.gulfandohio.com/index.htm Gulf Ohio Railways, Inc ] ] . Holdings *Yadkin… … Wikipedia
Gulf Wind — Infobox rail line name = Gulf Wind color = logo width = image width = caption = type = Inter city rail system = Seaboard Air Line (1949 1967) Seaboard Coast Line (1967 1971) Louisville and Nashville (1949 1971) locale = start = Jacksonville,… … Wikipedia
Chattahoochee River — Coordinates: 30°42′32″N 84°51′50″W / 30.70889°N 84.86389°W / 30.70889; 84.86389 … Wikipedia
Class III railroad — The Buckingham Branch Railroad is a typical example of a Class III shortline in Virginia. A Class III railroad, as defined by the Surface Transportation Board, is a railroad with an annual operating revenue of less than $20 million (1991 dollars) … Wikipedia
Bay Line Railroad — Infobox SG rail railroad name=Bay Line Railroad logo filename=Genesee and Wyoming logo.png logo size=100 old gauge= marks=BAYL locale=Florida Panhandle and southeastern Alabama start year=1994 end year=present hq city=Panama City, FloridaThe Bay… … Wikipedia
Bay Line Railroad — Le Bay Line Railroad (sigle de l Association of American Railroads: BAYL) est un des nombreux petits chemins de fer détenus par Genesee Wyoming Inc.. Il circule entre Panama City, Floride, et Abbeville, Alabama, avec un droit de passage sur la… … Wikipédia en Français
Atlanta and St. Andrews Bay Railway — L Atlanta St. Andrews Bay Railway (A SAB) est une compagnie ferroviaire américaine créée en 1905 afin de relier Panama City, en Floride, à Dothan, en Alabama. Historique La ligne, longue de 130 km, fut achevée en 1908. L A SAB se vantait d avoir… … Wikipédia en Français
List of Seaboard Air Line Railroad precursors — Below is a list of railroads that were bought, leased, or in other ways had their track come under ownership or control by the Seaboard Air Line Railroad or one of its predecessors.The Seaboard Air Line Railroad merged with the Atlantic Coast… … Wikipedia
List of Atlantic Coast Line Railroad precursors — These railroads were bought, leased, or in other ways had their track come under ownership or lease by the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad.The Atlantic Coast Line Railroad later merged with the Seaboard Air Line Railroad to form the Seaboard Coast… … Wikipedia