- Mundo Maya International Airport
Mundo Maya International Airport IATA: FRS – ICAO: MGTK Summary Airport type Military/Public Operator Dirección General de Aeronáutica Civil Location Flores, El Petén, Guatemala Elevation AMSL 386 ft / 118 m Coordinates Coordinates: Map Runways Direction Length Surface m ft 10/28 3,000 9,843 Concrete Source: Guatemalan AIP
Mundo Maya International Airport (IATA: FRS, ICAO: MGTK), also known as Flores International Airport, is an international airport located in the suburb of Santa Elena, in the city of Flores, Guatemala. It serves national and international air traffic for the areas of Flores, Santa Elena, and San Benito, as well as all the Mayan sites like Tikal or Yaxhá and destinations like Guatemala City, Belize and Cancún.
Mundo Maya Airport, as the other airports in Guatemala, is going through some expansions, to provide a better service to passengers and airlines, so it will be able to accept a greater number flights and larger aircraft.
Airlines Destinations TACA Cancun (Suspended), Guatemala City Transportes Aéreos Guatemaltecos Charter: Guatemala City, Tropic Air Belize City
Accidents and incidents
- On 30 September 1977, Douglas C47A TG-AKA of Aviateca was damaged beyond economic repair in a landing accident. One of the three crew members was killed.
- On 26 July 1978, Douglas DC-3 TG-AFA of Aviateca overran the runway following a birdstrike on take-off and was reported to have been damaged beyond economic repair. The aircraft was later repaired and returned to service.
- On 7 May 1979, Douglas DC-3 TG-SAB of TAPSA was substantially damaged in a landing accident when it departed the runway and collided with a car. The aircraft was subsequently repaired and returned to service.
- ^ MGTK - MUNDO MAYA Internacional
- ^ "TG-AKA Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19770930-2. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- ^ "TG-AFA Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19780726-0. Retrieved 1 August 2010.
- ^ "Photo: Aviateca, Douglas DC-3 TG-AFA". Airline Fan. http://www.airlinefan.com/airline-photos/1797133/Aviateca/Douglas/DC-3/TG-AFA/. Retrieved 2 August 2010. }}
- ^ "TG-SAB Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19790507-0. Retrieved 29 July 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
La Aurora International Airport — Infobox Airport name = La Aurora International Airport nativename = Aeropuerto Internacional La Aurora nativename a = nativename r = |thumb|right|300px caption = Airport s exterior. IATA = GUA ICAO = MGGT type = Joint owner = Ministerio de… … Wikipedia
Maya Internacional — (Flores,Гватемала) Категория отеля: 4 звездочный отель Адрес: Avenida del Periferico, Calle … Каталог отелей
El Perú (Maya site) — El Perú (also known as Waka ), is a pre Columbian Maya archeological site occupied during the Preclassic and Classic (roughly 500 BC to A.D. 800). The site was the capital of a Maya city state located near the banks of the San Pedro River in the… … Wikipedia
Quetzaltenango Airport — Infobox Airport name = Quetzaltenango Airport nativename = nativename a = nativename r = image width = caption = IATA = AAZ ICAO = MGQZ type = Joint owner = operator = Dirección General de Aeronáutica Civil city served = location = Quetzaltenango … Wikipedia
Puerto Barrios Airport — Infobox Airport name = Puerto Barrios Airport nativename = nativename a = nativename r = image width = caption = IATA = PBR ICAO = MGPB type = Civil owner = operator = Dirección General de Aeronáutica Civil city served = location = Puerto Barrios … Wikipedia
Flores Airport — For the airport in Flores, Guatemala, see Mundo Maya International Airport.Infobox Airport name = Flores Airport nativename = nativename a = nativename r = image width = caption = IATA = FLW ICAO = LPFL type = Public owner = operator = ANA… … Wikipedia
Aerovias — Infobox Airline airline=Aerovias logo=Aerovias Janv.jpg logo size=152px fleet size=10 destinations=4 IATA=XU ICAO=AOQ callsign=Aerovias parent=Aerovias, S.A. founded=? headquarters=Guatemala City, Guatemala key people= hubs=La Aurora Int l… … Wikipedia
Aeroquetzal — Infobox Airline airline=Aeroquetzal logo=Aeroquetzal JanV.jpg logo size=152px fleet size=3 destinations=4 IATA=AW ICAO=? callsign=Aeroquetzal parent=Aeroquetzal, S.A. founded=1989 headquarters=Guatemala City, Guatemala key people= hubs=La Aurora… … Wikipedia
Tikal Jets Airlines — IATA WU ICAO TKC Callsign Tikal Founded 1992 … Wikipedia
TACA destinations — This is a list of airports that TACA flies to. Includes destinations served by Aviateca and Lacsa. TOC North America *Canada **Toronto (Toronto Pearson International Airport) *Mexico **Cancún (Cancún International Airport) **Mexico City (Mexico… … Wikipedia