- Mangilao, Guam
Mangilao — Village — Country United States Territory Guam Government - Mayor Population (2000 ) - Total 13,313 Time zone ChST (UTC+10)
Cliffs lie along much of the village's shoreline providing dramatic views, but few of Mangilao's beaches are available for recreational uses. The island's main prison is in Mangilao.
Located in the far northeastern part of Mangilao's municipal boundary is a community known as Latte Heights, which is actually much closer to central Dededo than the main village of Mangilao.
Government and infrastructure
The Guam Department of Agriculture has its headquarters in Mangilao.
The Guam Department of Public Health and Social Services has its headquarters in Mangilao.
The Guam Public School System serves the island. Some Mangilao residents are zoned to Captain Henry B. Price Elementary School, which is located in Mangilao. Other residents are zoned to Pedro C. Lujan Elementary School in Barrigada. Some Mangilao residents are zoned to Agueda I. Johnston Middle School in Chalan-Pago-Ordot, while others are zoned to Luis P. Untalan Middle School in Barrigada. All of Mangilao is zoned to George Washington High School, which is located in Mangilao.
A Roman Catholic high school, Father Dueñas Memorial School, is located in Mangilao.
- ^ Therese Hart, "Guam Population slightly up, latest census says," Marianas Variety, August 26, 2011, http://mvguam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19623:guam-population-slightly-up-latest-census-says&catid=59:frontpagenews
- ^ "Prison Security." Guam Department of Corrections. Retrieved on May 19, 2010.
- ^ "A CASE STUDY OF DEPARTMENT OF YOUTH AFFAIRS A REPORT TO OUR CITIZENS." Guam Department of Youth Affairs. Retrieved on October 12, 2010. "Site Address: #169 San Isidro St. Mangilao Guam 96923."
- ^ "Mangilao Area Map." Pacific Daily News. Retrieved on October 12, 2010.
- ^ "Contact Us." Guam Department of Agriculture. Retrieved on October 21, 2010. "163 Dairy Road Mangilao, Guam 96913."
- ^ "Contact Us." Guam Department of Public Health and Social Services. Retrieved on October 26, 2010. "Mailing Address: Mailing Address Department of Public Health and Social Services 123 Chalan Kareta, Mangilao, Guam 96913-6304."
- ^ "Guam's Public High Schools." Guam Public School System. Accessed September 8, 2008.
- ^ "Welcome." Father Dueñas Memorial School. Retrieved on October 25, 2010. "Mailing Address: 176 Duenas Ln Mangilao 96913."
Territory of Guam Hagåtña (capital) Topics Islands Villages
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Guam Community College — Infobox University name = Guam Community College location = Mangilao motto = Guam s Leader in Workforce Development established = 1977 type = Public calendar = Semester president = Mary A.Y. OkadaGuam Community College is a two year college… … Wikipedia
Guam Public School System — (GPSS, Chamorro: Sisteman Eskuelan Pupblekon Guåhan ), formerly the Guam Department of Education, is a school district that serves the entire island of Guam, a United States insular area. The school district can be thought of as analogous to the… … Wikipedia
Mangilao — es una ciudad situada al nordeste de la isla de Guaján, con 13.313 habitantes (2.000) . Su población está compuesta por las etnias chamorro, filipina y micronesia. En esta localidad de encuentra la Universidad de Guam Véase también: Escuelas… … Wikipedia Español
Guam — This article is about the United States island territory of Guam. For GUAM, an eastern European international organization, see GUAM Organization for Democracy and Economic Development. Guam Guåhan … Wikipedia
Guam — Guamanian /gwah may nee euhn/, n., adj. /gwahm/, n. an island, belonging to the U.S., in the N Pacific, E of the Philippines: the largest of the Marianas group; U.S. naval station. 84,996; 206 sq. mi. (535 sq. km). Cap.: Agaña. Abbr.: GU (for use … Universalium
Guam Department of Corrections — The Guam Department of Corrections (DEPCOR, Chamorro: Depattamenton Mangngurihi) is an agency of the government of Guam that operates the territory s correctional facilities. The Guam Adult Correctional Facility (ACF) is the main correctional… … Wikipedia
Mangilao Village — Original name in latin Mangilao Village Name in other language State code GU Continent/City Pacific/Guam longitude 13.44761 latitude 144.80109 altitude 58 Population 15191 Date 2013 06 30 … Cities with a population over 1000 database
University of Guam — Infobox University name = University of Guam native name = Unibetsedåt Guåhan image size = 250px caption = Jesus Eugenia Leon Guerrero Business Public Administration Building. latin name = motto = Excelsior Ever Upward tagline = established =… … Wikipedia
George Washington High School (Guam) — George Washington High School (GWHS [ [http://www.gdoe.net/scc/curr instr/SLCG/SLCG 3rd 4th Qtr FY05/SLCPG 04 FY05 Q3 Narr.pdf Progress Report Smaller Learning Communities Planning Grant] . Guam Public School System . June 30, 2005.] ) is a… … Wikipedia
History of Guam — The history of Guam involves phases including the early arrival of people known today as the ancient Chamorros, the development of pre contact society, Spanish colonization, and the present American rule of the island. Guam s history of… … Wikipedia