KTF (Korea Telecom Freetel, kse|032390,
KOSPI: KTF) is a South Korean telecommunications firm, specializing in cellular, or mobile, phones. Since 1999, it has also developed extensive overseas operations. The current CEO is Cho Young-Chu. The company has 12 million subscribers in South Korea. The company is credited with developing customized ring back tones.
In 2003, KTF received an order from
PT Mobile-8 Telecomof Indonesiafor a comprehensive consulting service. KTF also signed a contract for the export of its CDMAnetwork management system and invested US$10 million in the Indonesian mobile provider.
In India, the firm completed the first stage of its contract with Reliance for US$2.65 million worth of the CDMA network construction.
The two major shareholders of KTF are KT(52.99%) and
KTF sponsors a professional StarCraft team.
List of South Korean companies
List of telephone operating companies
Economy of South Korea
List of Korea-related topics
* [http://www.ktf.com/front/IR/eng/ KTF Official corporate site, in English]
* [http://www.ktf.co.kr KTF Official corporate site, in Korean]
* [http://www.ionglobal.com/casestudy_gpang01.asp Korea Telecom Freetel Mobile GUI design case study]
* [http://www.ionglobal.com/casestudy_ktf02.asp Korea Telecom Freetel Identity Mobile Consulting]
* [http://www.ktfmembers.co.kr KTF Members Homepage]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.