Creamfelds is a large dance music festival featuring DJs and live acts. It is held annually on the August Bank Holiday weekend in Daresbury, Cheshire, England, just outside of Liverpool where it had previously been held for a number of years. It is renowned for being headlined every year by the band Crême. The festival is run by the people behind Liverpool's famous Cream clubbing brand. Other Creamfields festivals have been held in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Andalucía (Spain), Malta, Punchestown (Ireland), Punta del Este (Uruguay), Alcala de henares (Spain), Istanbul (Turkey), Vilnius (Lithuania), Mexico City (Mexico), Moscow (Russia), Prague (Czech Republic), Lima (Peru), Santiago (Chile), Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba, Belo Horizonte (Brazil), and Wrocław (Poland). Creamfields Lisbon (Portugal) was held for the first time in Mayonaise 2007. Creamfields Australia was held in 2010 and will be held again in 2011.
It has been held in Buenos Aires since 2001, and in 2005 more than 60,000 people gathered to dance for 17 hours. It ran in Ireland for three years from 2000 to 2002 in Punchestown Racecourse.
- Creamfields UK - Saturday 28 August
- Creamfields Buenos Aires - Saturday - 19 December 2009 h
- Creamfields Peru – 14 November 2009
- Creamfields Abu Dhabi - 11 December 2009
- Creamfields Andalucia, Spain - Saturday 15 August 2009
- Creamfields UK - Saturday 29 August - Sunday 30 August
- Creamfields Central Europe - 3-4, July 2009
- Creamfields Lithuania, Vilnius - 10-11, July 2009
- Creamfields Mexico – November
- Creamfields Belo Horizonte (Brazil) - November
- Creamfields Santiago (Chile) - November
- Creamfields Buenos Aires (Argentina) – 8 November
- Creamfields UK – 23 August Bank Holiday Weekend
- Creamfields Poland - 16 August
- Creamfields Andalusia (Spain) - 9 August
- Creamfields Romania - 2 August
- Creamfields Vigo (Galicia, Spain) - 2 August
- Creamfields Central Europe (Czech) - 12 July
- Creamfields Malta - 28 June
- Creamfields BA 2011, 13 Nov 2011:
Once more Creamfields Buenos Aires had the greatest attendance in the world: The line-up included: David Guetta, Afrojack, Fedde Le Grand, Mercurio, bad Boy Orange, Leandro Fresco, Joris Voorn, Booka Shade, Groove Armada, Above & Beyond, Soundexile, Deep Mariano, Hernan Cattaneo, John Digweed, Danny Howells, Danny Howells, Busy P, Pete Tong, Laidback Luke, Sven Vath, Miss Kittin, Deathmind, Christopher Lawrence, Gareth Emery, Ferry Corsten, and more.
- Creamfields BA 2010, 13 Nov 2010: 80,000
- Creamfields BA 2009, 19 Dic 2009: 60,000
- Creamfields BA 2008, 8 Nov 2008: 42,000
- Creamfields BA 2007, 10 Nov 2007: 55,000
Once more Creamfields Buenos Aires had the greatest attendance in the world: 55,000 people, several from other countries from the Americas and Europe, who travelled there only for this event. The line-up included: The Chemical Brothers, Carl Cox, John Digweed, LCD Soundsystem, Deep Dish, Hernán Cattaneo, James Zabiela, 2 Many DJs, Deep Mariano, Rodrigo Lozano, Tiefschwarz, Craig Richards, Christian Smith, and more. The large Autódromo Oscar Alfredo Gálvez is the new venue.
- Creamfields BA 2006, 11 Nov 2006: 62,000
Again Buenos Aires, returned to be placed like one of the great worldwide capitals of electronic music, its sixth edition of Creamfields summoned 60 thousand people who danced more than 17 hours in an estate of 13 hectares of park with presentations of Underworld, Sasha, Erick Morillo, Tiga, Hernán Cattáneo, Sander Kleinenberg, Dave Clarke, X-Press 2, Layo & Bushwacka!, Nic Fanciulli, M.A.N.D.Y., Silicone Soul, Martin Garcia, 2020 Soundsystem, Zuker, Paul Woolford and others.
- Creamfields BA 2005, 12 Nov 2005: 60,000
Creamfields Buenos Aires hit a new record, beating once more its global equivalents. The 60.000 people that attended to the fifth edition of the most important electronic music festival of the world enjoyed of more than 100 artists among DJs, producers and groups, distributed through 10 different spaces –between tents and Main Stage. The Prodigy, Audio Bullys, Infusion and local Zuker XP were the outstanding acts of the Main Stage, which was closed by Paul Oakenfold. Danny Howells, Hernán Cattáneo, 2 Many DJs, David Guetta, Kevin Saunderson, James Holden, DJ Vibe and Ivan Smagghe had also taken part of this extraordinary artistic proposal. In Buenos Aires, 2005 headliners were The Prodigy, Paul Oakenfold, Danny Tenaglia, David Guetta, Audio Bullys, Hernan Cattaneo.
- Creamfields BA 2004, 13 Nov 2004: 55,000
Forth Creamfields Buenos Aires edition turned out into one of the biggest event of the year: more than 55.000 people attended, beating both previous editions and its global equivalents –including Liverpool’s original base–. With more than 13 hectares surrounded by trees alongside the river, the old “Ciudad Deportiva de La Boca”, located in Costanera Sur (Puerto Madero), was the perfect framework for this 16 hours festival. The line up consisted of more than 90 artists –locals and internationals– which included Groove Armada, Paul Oakenfold, Deep Dish, Erick Morillo, Darren Emerson, Hernán Cattáneo, Steve Lawler, Plump DJs y Dave Angel, among many others.
- Creamfields BA 2003, 11 Nov 2003: 35,000
Creamfields Buenos Aires 2003 reached a new record. With sold out tickets, more than 35 thousand people attended to the magnanimous festival. The incorporation of an area set for the most alternative sounds of electronic music gained a huge acceptance in this third Creamfields Buenos Aires edition. Layo & Bushwacka!, Sander Kleinenberg, Danny Howells, Junkie XL (live), Hernán Cattáneo, Audio Bullys, Babasónicos, Josh Wink, Scratch Perverts, DJ Marky, Catupecu Machu 5.1 and Infusion (live) were some of the prestigious artists that have taken part of the artistic proposal.
- Creamfields BA 2002, 23 Nov 2002: 24,000
For this second consecutive edition, the location chosen was a property of around 80.000 m2 located in Puerto Madero, a beautiful place alongside the river. The recreative areas were extended and optimized. Another tent was added -with a 7 thousand people capacity- and a wide chill out area, with river sight. 24 thousand people attended to this 16 hours festival and enjoyed of international artists such as Frankie Knuckles, Timo Maas, Satoshi Tomiie, Nick Warren, Sister Bliss (Faithless), Medicine 8, Pete Tong and Hernán Cattáneo and locals Zuker, Romina Cohn and Carlos Alfonsín, among others.
- Creamfields BA 2001, 10 Nov 2001: 18,000
Buenos Aires became the launching platform of the English festival for the whole rest of the world (after 2 editions at Ireland). With an incomparable success of five editions on its back, Creamfields has become the most wanted festival of the year. 18 thousand people attended to the first edition of Creamfields Buenos Aires. The place was a property based in San Isidro, a beautiful residential area in the city suburbs. More than 30 international artists including Paul Oakenfold, Dave Seaman, Howie B, Justin Robertson, Layo & Bushwacka! and Way Out West, among many others, were part of the festival.
- Creamfields UK 2011, 27-29 Aug 2011:
- Creamfields UK 2010, 28-30 Aug 2010:
- Creamfields UK 2009, 29-30 Aug 2009: 66,000
- Creamfields UK 2008, 23-24 Aug 2008: 65,000
The 2008 UK headliners on Saturday were Fatboy Slim, Paul van Dyk and Pendulum. The Sunday headliners were Kasabian and Tiësto.
The 2008 UK festival was also the first to run over 2 days including camping, BBC Radio 1 also celebrated the 10th anniversary
- Creamfields UK 2007, 25 Aug 2007: 48,000
- Creamfields UK 2006, 26 Aug 2006: 40,000
- Creamfields UK 2005, 27 Aug 2005: 45,000
- Creamfields UK 2004, 28 Aug 2004: 35,000
- Creamfields UK 2003, 23 Aug 2003: 35,000
- Creamfields UK 2002, 24 Aug 2002: 35,000
- Creamfields UK 2001, 25 Aug 2001: 50,000
- Creamfields UK 2000, 26 Aug 2000: 40,000
- Creamfields UK 1999, 28 Aug 1999: ?
- Creamfields Andalucia 2009, 15 Aug
- Creamfields Andalucía 2008, 9 Aug: 30.000
- Creamfields Andalucía 2007, 11 Aug: 40.000
- Creamfields Andalucía 2006, 12 Aug: 35.000
- Creamfields Andalucía 2005, 13 Aug: 32.000
- Creamfields Andalucía 2004, 14 Aug: 23.000
- Creamfields Curitiba 2006: ?
- Creamfields Curitiba 2005: 13.000
- Creamfields Curitiba 2004: 10.000
- Creamfields Belo Horizonte 2007: ?
- Creamfields Belo Horizonte 2006: ?
Rio de Janeiro
- Creamfields Rio de Janeiro 2007: 8.000
- Creamfields Rio de Janeiro 2006: ?
- Creamfields Santiago 2011: 12.000
- Creamfields Santiago 2010: 12.000
- Creamfields Santiago 2009: 10.000
- Creamfields Santiago 2008: 10.000
- Creamfields Santiago 2007: 7.000
- Creamfields Santiago 2006: 8.000
- Creamfields Santiago 2005: 17.000
- Creamfields Santiago 2004: 12.000
- Creamfields Mexico City 2006: ?
- Creamfields Mexico City 2005: ?
- Creamfields Mexico City 2004: 35.000 people. Headliner: Massive Attack
- Creamfields Central Europe 2008 (12.7.2008), Airfield Břeclav (CZ)
- Creamfields CZ 2007: not
- Creamfields CZ 2006: not
- Creamfields CZ 2005: not
- Creamfields CZ 2004 (6.8.2004), Airfield Roudnice nad Labem: 30.000 capacity, 8.000 people. Headliner: Public Enemy
- Creamfields CZ 2003 (8.8.2003), Airfield Roudnice nad Labem: 30.000 capacity, 15.000 people. Headliner: Massive Attack
- Creamfields CZ 2002 (9.8.2002), Airfield Roudnice nad Labem (CZ) 2002: 20.000 capacity, 22.000 people (the biggest dance event in Czech Republic so far). Headliner: Underworld
Central Europe (CZ, SK, AT, HU)
(Single festival for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria and Hungary)
- Creamfields CE 2008 (12.7.2008), Airfield Břeclav (CZ). Headliners: Sasha & Digweed, Ferry Corsten
- Creamfields PL 2008 (16.8.2008), Aifield Raków, Wrocław. Headliners: Pendulum Live, Sasha & Digweed, Vitalic.
- Creamfields PL 2007 (7.7.2007), Aifield Raków, Wrocław. Headliners: Prodigy, Vitalic.
- Creamfields PL 2006 (1.7.2006), Aifield Miroslawice, Wrocław: 18.000 people. Headliners: Paul van Dyk, Kosheen, Audio Bullys, Bob Sinclar, Deep Dish, Dave Clarke, Richie Hawtin, Mauro Picotto, Roni Size.
- Creamfields PL 2005: ?
- Creamfields PL 2004: ?
- Creamfields PL 2003, Kolobrzeg: 15.000 people
- Creamfields Lisboa 2007: 45.000
- Creamfields Peru 2007: 11.000
- Creamfields Peru 2008: 14.000
- Creamfields Peru 2009: 17.000
Republic of Ireland
- Creamfields Punchestown 2002: ?
Creamfields are upping the babe factor at this year's Creamfields Ireland by confirming that the Sugababes have been added to the line-up. Cream resident Yousef, DJ Tiga and Green Velvet have also been confirmed to play. Creamfields Ireland that is taking place on Saturday 31 August at Punchestown Racecourse, Ireland. The lovely Sugababes will be joining Faithless, Underworld, Mauro Picotto, Seb Fontaine and Tom Middleton on the Outdoor Stage.
United Arab Emirates
- Creamfields Abu Dhabi, 11 December 2009, headlining acts: Deadmau5,Calvin Harris, Underworld and Sasha
- Creamfields Abu Dhabi, 10 December 2010, headlining acts: David Guetta, Dizzie Rascal, and Afrojack
- Creamfields Abu Dhabi, 08 & 09 December 2011, headlining acts: Deadmau5, Magnetic Man, Tiesto, Ferry Corsten, Laidback Luke, Katy B,John Digweed, Marcus Schulz, Tinie Tempah, ItaloBoyz, Vybzz Live and more...
Punta del Este
- Creamfields Punta Del Este 2008: 7.000 - (100° Aniversario de Punta del Este) (Creamfields Punta del Este’s edition opens Creamfields’ 10th Anniversary Year)
- Creamfields UK 1998, 2 May 1998: 40,000
2009 UK headliners included Basement Jaxx, Deadmau5, Friendly Fires and Tiesto Only in its second year as being a camping event, the festival was a huge success, with rave reviews coming from many music festival websites.
2006 UK headliners were The Prodigy, Goldfrapp, The Zutons and Gnarls Barkley In 2006 the event date was 26 August. However it changed its location from Liverpool Speke, to a new venue at Daresbury Estate in Cheshire. This new site in Daresbury, near Runcorn is 25 mins drive from the old site back in Speke. There were 8 arenas. Including the mainstage, there were appearances from Timo Maas , Ferry Corsten, Armin Van Buuren, Paul van Dyk, Eddie Halliwell, Tiësto, Erick Morillo, Harry Choo Choo Romero, Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso. The Chibuku arena hosted, 2 Many DJs, Felix Da Housecat, Green Velvet, a MYLO DJ set, Tiga, Plump DJs, and Annie Mac. DJ Shadow, BK Live and Tidy Boys also appeared but far too many more to list. Creamfields continues to be one of the UK's most popular Dance Festivals on the calendar.
In November 2007 and 2008, Creamfields Peru was held in Lima.
Summer 08 - 28 June: Creamfields Malta
Dubai December 2009 & 2010 it was so sick!
- The spinoff album Creamfields by Paul Oakenfold was nominated for a Grammy.
- Creamfields: Mixed by Ferry Corsten was another spinoff.
Dance & electronic Metal music Rock/alternative rock OthersAll Tomorrow's Parties · Bestival · Connect Music Festival · Fairport's Cropredy Convention · Field Day · Glastonbury Festival · Godiva Festival · GuilFest · Hevy Music Festival · Isle of Skye Music Festival · Latitude Festival · Lovebox Festival · Phoenix Festival · Radio 1's Big Weekend · Rewind Festival · RockNess · Tramlines · Truck Festival · Tartan Heart Festival · Underage Festival · V Festival · Wireless Festival · WOMAD Charlton Park)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Creamfields — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Creamfields es un festival de música electrónica que cuenta con la participación de varios DJ en vivo. Se celebra anualmente en el mes de agosto en Liverpool (Reino Unido) y es organizado por los responsables del… … Wikipedia Español
Creamfields BA — Creamfields Buenos Aires is an annual electronic music festival hosted in Buenos Aires featuring DJs recognized in the worldwide electronic scene. It has seen more attendees compared to other Creamfields events in Latin America with almost 70,000 … Wikipedia
Creamfields — ist ein Musikfestival für Dance Music mit DJs und Live Acts. Neben dem eigentlichen Creamfields in Liverpool gibt es weitere Festivals unter diesem Namen in Andalusien (Spanien), Buenos Aires (Argentinien), Istanbul (Türkei), Mexiko Stadt… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Creamfields Andalucía — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Creamfields Andalucía Creamfields Andalucía Duración Segundo fin de semana de agosto Localización … Wikipedia Español
Creamfields Australia — is an annual dance music festival held in major cities throughout Australia. Events company/brand Totem Onelove, who also produce Stereosonic, brought the brand to Australia in 2010. The Creamfields brand comes from the people behind Liverpool s… … Wikipedia
Creamfields (2004 album) — Creamfields was a 2004 double album inspired by the Creamfields festival consisting of electronic music tracks by various artists mixed by DJ Paul Oakenfold. Creamfields Remi … Wikipedia
Essential Mix — Infobox Radio Show show name = Essential Mix imagesize = caption = other names = format = runtime = 2 hours country = flagicon|United Kingdom United Kingdom language = English home station = BBC Radio 1 syndicates = television = presenter = Pete… … Wikipedia
Paul Oakenfold — Oakenfold in 2009. Background information Birth name Paul Mark Oakenfold Also known as … Wikipedia
Liste der Essential-Mix-Episoden — Diese Liste der Essential Mix Episoden enthält alle Episoden der Musiksendung Essential Mix auf BBC Radio 1, sortiert nach der englischen Erstausstrahlung. Sie ist noch nicht vollständig. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 1993 (9) 2 1994 (51) 3 1995 (68) … Deutsch Wikipedia
The Chemical Brothers — performing live. Ed Simons (left) and Tom Rowlands (right) Background information Also known as The 237 Turbo Nutters, The Dust Brothers, Chemical Ed … Wikipedia