- Dollars & Sense
Dollars & Sense
January/February 2006 cover
Circulation 7,000 Publisher Dollars and Sense, Inc. Year founded 1974 Website dollarsandsense.org ISSN 0012-5245 OCLC number 1185225
It was initially sponsored by the Union for Radical Political Economics, but as of 1996 it is no longer affiliated with that organization. Today, the magazine is published by the independent Dollars and Sense, Inc., a non-profit foundation based in Boston, Massachusetts. Circulation is about 7,000.
The magazine is aimed at academics, students, and activists in the economic justice, social justice and labor movements.
Dollars & Sense also publishes books on economics from a progressive perspective.
Among its award-winning articles are:
- Jamie Court, "Supremes Limit Punitive Damages", March/April 2004.
- Bob Feldman, "War on the Earth", March/April 2003.
- Arthur Stamoulis, "Slamming Shut Open Access", September/October 2002.
- Heather Boushey, "Good Times, Bad Times: Recession and the Welfare Debate," September/October 2002.
- Dena Montague and Frida Berrigan, "The Business of War in the Democratic Republic Of Congo: Who benefits?", July/August 2001.
- Danielle Knight, "United McNations", July/August 2000.
- Arvind Ganesan, "Corporation Crackdowns: Business Backs Brutality", May/June 1999.
- ^ Phillips, Peter (2003). Censored: The Top 25 Censored Stories : 2004. United States: Seven Stories Press. p. 82. ISBN 9781583226056. http://books.google.com/books?id=i5cpBcUVeJoC&lpg=PA82&ots=oiJ33mxKHn&dq=Dollars%20Sense%20project%20censored&pg=PA82#v=onepage&q=dollars&f=false.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
United States public debt — Part of a series of articles on Unit … Wikipedia
Dimensional analysis — In physics and all science, dimensional analysis is a tool to find or check relations among physical quantities by using their dimensions. The dimension of a physical quantity is the combination of the basic physical dimensions (usually mass,… … Wikipedia
performing arts — arts or skills that require public performance, as acting, singing, or dancing. [1945 50] * * * ▪ 2009 Introduction Music Classical. The last vestiges of the Cold War seemed to thaw for a moment on Feb. 26, 2008, when the unfamiliar strains … Universalium
Computers and Information Systems — ▪ 2009 Introduction Smartphone: The New Computer. The market for the smartphone in reality a handheld computer for Web browsing, e mail, music, and video that was integrated with a cellular telephone continued to grow in 2008. According to… … Universalium
Cinéma britannique — Le Royaume Uni a exercé une influence dans le développement aussi bien technologique, commercial et artistique du cinéma. Cependant, malgré une histoire jalonnée de productions à succès, l industrie est caractérisée par un débat qui n est pas… … Wikipédia en Français
Social Security (United States) — This article is about the retirement/disability program. For the general concept of providing welfare, see Social security. For other uses, see Social Security (disambiguation) … Wikipedia
Madonna (entertainer) — Madonna … Wikipedia
Franklin B. Gowen — Infobox Person name = Franklin Benjamin Gowen caption = birth date = birth date|1836|2|9|mf=y birth place = Philadelphia, Pennsylvania death date = death date and age|1889|12|13|1836|2|9|mf=y death place = Washington, D.C.Franklin Benjamin Gowen… … Wikipedia
Supply-side economics — is an arguably heterodox school of macroeconomic thought that argues that economic growth can be most effectively created using incentives for people to produce (supply) goods and services, such as adjusting income tax and capital gains tax rates … Wikipedia
Kevin Bacon — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Bacon. Kevin Bacon … Wikipédia en Français
Chevrolet Volt — Manufacturer Chevrolet division of General Motors Also called Holden Volt Opel Ampera Vauxhall Ampera … Wikipedia