- Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
Cole Harbour — Community — Coordinates: Country Canada Province Nova Scotia Municipality Halifax Regional Municipality Founded 1754 Population (2001) – Total 25,370 Time zone AST (UTC-4) – Summer (DST) ADT (UTC-3) Canadian Postal code B2V B2Z Area code(s) 902 Telephone Exchange 434 435 NTS Map
Cole Harbour is adjacent to and immediately east of the former city boundary of Dartmouth; prior to municipal amalgamation and the creation of the Halifax Regional Municipality in 1995, Cole Harbour was an unincorporated village within the Municipality of the County of Halifax.
The centre of Cole Harbour is at the intersection of Forest Hills Parkway and Route 207 (Cole Harbour Road). A small business district is situated along Route 207 with several residential subdivisions such as Forest Hills and Colby Village located north and south of this road.
Extensive residential and commercial development took place during the 1970s and 1980s following completion of Highway 111 and the widening of Cole Harbour Road.
Until the mid-1980s, CN Rail operated a rail line from Dartmouth to Upper Musquodoboit with part of the route crossing the southern edge of the community. The abandoned rail corridor was converted to a rail trail named the Salt Marsh Trail and is part of the Trans Canada Trail.
- Auburn Drive High School
- Colby Village Elementary School
- Cole Harbour District High School
- George Bissett Elementary School
- Colonel John Stewart Elementary School
- Astral Drive Elementary School
- Caldwell Road Elementary School
- Joseph Giles Elementary School
- Sir Robert Borden Junior High School
- Astral Drive Junior High School
- Robert Kemp Turner Elementary School
- Cole Harbour Place
Notable people from Cole Harbour
- Professional NHL (National Hockey League) players Sidney Crosby, Joe DiPenta, Cam Russell and Craig Hillier
- Musician/Film Producer Matt Mays
- International rugby player Morgan Williams
- Trailer Park Boys head writer and creator Mike Clattenburg and star John Paul Tremblay
- Professional Stand up comedian Jason John Whitehead
- UFC Lightweight fighter TJ Grant
- Connect Cole Harbour - An online community portal for Cole Harbour and surrounding areas.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cole Harbour (Guysborough) , Nova Scotia — Cole Harbour in … Wikipedia
Cole Harbour — This article is about the water body. For the suburban community, see Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia. Cole Harbour is the name for a natural harbour located in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia. It is located in central Halifax County, with the… … Wikipedia
Cole Harbour-Eastern Passage — Nova Scotia House of Assembly provincial electoral district … Wikipedia
Cole Harbour District High School — Address 2 Chameau Crescent (beside Cole Harbour P … Wikipedia
Nova Scotia general election, 2006 — 2003 ← members June 13, 2006 members → … Wikipedia
Cole Harbour (electoral district) — Cole Harbour Nova Scotia House of Assembly provincial electoral district Member of the Legislative Assembly … Wikipedia
Nova Scotia general election, 2003 — 1999 ← members August 5, 2003 members → … Wikipedia
Nova Scotia general election, 1999 — 1998 ← members July 27, 1999 members → 2003 … Wikipedia
Nova Scotia New Democratic Party — Active provincial party Leader Darrell Dexter President David Wallbr … Wikipedia
Cole Harbour 30, Nova Scotia — Cole Harbour 30 in Nova … Wikipedia