- Victoria (Telemundo series)
Victoria Format telenovela, drama Created by Bernardo Romero Pereiro
Mónica Agudelo Tenorio
Developed by Telemundo
Written by Jimena Romero
Starring Victoria Ruffo
María Helena Doehring
Theme music composer Miguel de Narváez Opening theme Desde que te conoci
Alejandro Fernández y Rocío Banquells
Country of origin Colombia
Language(s) Spanish No. of episodes 171 Production Executive producer(s) Hugo León Ferrer Producer(s) Oscar Guarín Location(s) Bogotá, Colombia Camera setup Multi-camera Running time 45 minutes Broadcast Original channel Telemundo Picture format SDTV, 480i Audio format Stereophonic sound Original airing United States
December 4, 2007 - August 1, 2008
June 2008 - May 2009
September 26, 2008 - July 2, 2009
November 10, 2008 - July 07, 2009
2008 - 2009
Bosnia and Herzegovina
2008 - 2009
August 31, 2009 - May 25, 2010
January 2, 2009 - September 1, 2009
Chronology Preceded by Zorro: La Espada y La Rosa Followed by Doña Bárbara (Telemundo series) Related shows Mirada de mujer, Señora Isabel External links Website
Victoria is the title of a Spanish-language telenovela about a woman who falls in love with a dashing younger man, when her marriage collapses around her. It is produced by the United States-based television network Telemundo and RTI Colombia. This limited-run series debuted in the US on December 4, 2007, after La Esclava Isaura finished. Filmed in Bogotá, it stars Victoria Ruffo, Mauricio Ochmann, Arturo Peniche, Géraldine Bazán and Andrea López.
The series has been released on DVD in the USA in a condensed version with optional English subtitles. This telenovela was sold to 21 countries around the world.
In her 25th wedding anniversary party, Victoria Mendoza (Victoria Ruffo) finds out her husband Enrique Mendoza (Arturo Peniche) has a mistress, Tatiana López (Andrea Lopez). Suddenly Victoria's whole life crashes around her as she realizes her marriage is wrecked. As she tries to heal the pain of her husband's adultery, she meets the 33-year-old Jerónimo (Mauricio Ochmann) out of the blue.
Victoria falls for this younger man, giving her a second chance at the true love and passion missing in her loveless marriage. Many of her loved ones oppose her relationship, including her daughters Paula (Geraldine Bazán) and Mariana (Laura Perico), her mother Mercedes (Margalida Castro) and her ex husband. They blame her for the breakup. On the other hand, her son Santiago (Ricardo Abarca) offers unconditional support. While her younger daughter Mariana (Laura Perico) is supposed to be going to university but isn't, she instead goes to a bar. The owner of the bar, Pacho, gets girls high and then rapes them. And that's what happened to Mariana. Mariana met him because of her other "friend" Arturo. Mariana actually wanted to get together with Arturo but Pacho convinced her into getting with him supposedly just to make Arturo jealous. Victoria has many problems but does she know she has those problems? Can she solve them? So Victoria faces a difficult decision: either fight to keep true love alive or surrender and let it slip away.
Victoria is a remake of Señora Isabel, a 1993 Colombian telenovela. This story was also filmed for Mexican TV in 1997 as Mirada de mujer (The Gaze of a Woman). Telemundo broadcast English subtitles as closed captions on CC3. This show's working titles were Tiempos de Victoria (Victoria's Times), Señora Isabel and The Mauricio Ochmann Project.
The show's premiere on Telemundo reached 782,000 core adult (ages 18–49) viewers, according to NTI, and over 1.5 million total viewers overall. The expanded the series' run to about 160 chapters from the standard length, 120 shows. It has not announced any plans to remake Mirada's sequel, El Regreso (The Return) as Victoria covered El Regreso (both in one). Géraldine Bazán won a Latin ACE Award for "Best Inspiring Young Actress" during her role as Paula.
Victoria airs on Caracol TV in Colombia, on Telemundo in the United States, on Fox televizija in Serbia, on Nova TV - September 26, 2008 and Diema Family - January 5, 2009 in Bulgaria, Televisa (on Galavisión) in Mexico, on POP TV in Slovenia, on NTV Hayat in Bosnia and Herzegovina, on Acasǎ in Bucharest, Romania, from August 2009 in Slovakia on TV Doma, on Shant Tv in Armenia and from August 2009 on Farsi1 EutelSat Satellite TV Channel (Farsi1 later confirmed censoring some scenes including kisses and sexual actions in order to adapt the serial to Iranian culture).
On August 4, 2008 Telemundo broadcast the alternate ending of Victoria through Yahoo! Telemundo. It was the first alternate ending of a Spanish Telenovela ever aired by Telemundo in the United States.
Product placements in the US version of this show include: JCPenney, T-Mobile Scrubbing Bubbles, Budweiser, Bud Light, Windex, Oust, Lysol, State Farm, Visa, Lowes, The Home Depot, Walmart and Pledge. In some cases, Telemundo news programs can be seen or heard while characters are watching TV, even though this show is not specifically set in the United States.
(in order of appearance)
- Victoria Ruffo .... Victoria Santiesteban de Mendoza - '
- Mauricio Ochmann .... Jeronimo Ernesto Acosta - '
- Arturo Peniche ... Enrique Mendoza - '
- Andrea López .... Tatiana López - former lover of Enrique, mother of enrique's child felipe"
- Diana Quijano .... Camila Matiz - friend of Victoria
- Javier Delgiudice .... Gerardo Cárdenas - husband of Helena and father of Arturo
- Laura Perico .... Mariana Mendoza - daughter of Victoria and Enrique, radio host
- Ricardo Abarca .... Santiago Mendoza - son of Victoria and Enrique, singer
- Adriana Romero....Valeria Saenz - Loves Jeronimo
- José Julián Gaviria....Martin Acosta - son of Silvia and Jeronimo
- Patricia Grisales]]..... - Carlota Velandia friend and adssociate of Victoria"
- Margalida Castro .... Mercedes 'Memé' de Santiesteban - mother of Victoria
- Laura Londoño .... Eliza - 'amiga de Mariana'
- Andrés Felipe Martínez ..... - 'Guillermo' - el jefe de Jeronimo
- Roberto Manrique .... Sebastian Villanueva - Paula's Husband
- Camilo Trujillo .... - Arturo Cardenas - son of Helena and Gerardo Cardenas
- Ricardo González .... - Henry - friend of Jeronimo
- Géraldine Bazán .... Paula Mendoza - daughter of Victoria and Enrique, lawyer
- María Helena Doehring .... Helena de Cárdenas - wife of Gerardo and mother of Arturo
- Natalia Bedoya .... - Estrella - girlfriend of Santiago
- Julio del Mar .... - Bernardo Solis doctor of Camila
- Lucero Gómez .... dona Thea
- Paola Díaz....Silvia - Jeronimo's ex-wife, died"
- Angela Carrisoza
- David de Oliveira
- Edmundo Troya ... ex of Camila
- Maria León Arias ... Marlene
- Rene Figueroa
- Fernando Corredor
- Luz Mary Arias .... Marlene
- Mariano Fernández
- Fabio Camero Jr.
- Maru Giraldo
- Gloria Pinilla
- Fernanda González
- Adriana López
- Daniel Calderón .... Santiago's friend
- Naren Daryanani
- Victor Hugo Trespalacios .... Elvis
- Luis Carlos Galeano
- Sebastián Eslava .... Pacho
- Daniel Quintero
- Sonia Rico
- Diego Camacho
- Maria Emilia Kamper
- Claudio Fernández
- Javier Felipe Rodríguez
- Mario A. Parra
- Nestor Pineda
- Paula A. Herrera
- Karol Aza
- Jackeline Aristizabal
- Alex Rodríguez
- Ximena Salamanca
- ^ Terra.com, La actriz mexicana Geraldine Bazan deja Miami para grabar telenovela en Colombia January 10, 2007.
- ^ a b Llega 'Victoria' al horario estelar de Telemundo una hermosa historia donde el amor no tiene edad a partir del 4 de diciebre a las 9PM/8 c. Published: November 29, 2007
- ^ Video. Published: December 5, 2007.
- ^ Telemundo (2007-2008).
- ^ Latin New York ACE Awards Recognizes Geraldine Bazan as Best Impact of the Year.
- ^ .
Telemundo's 2007-2008 telenovelas (USA)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Victoria (Telemundo Series) — Infobox Television show name = Victoria caption = format = telenovela, drama picture format = Color camera = Multi camera runtime = 45 minutes creator = Bernardo Romero Pereiro Mónica Agudelo Tenorio developer = Telemundo RTI Colombia producer =… … Wikipedia
Doña Bárbara (Telemundo series) — For other uses of Doña Bárbara , see Doña Bárbara (disambiguation). Doña Bárbara La Devoradora de Hombres Edith González, Christian Meier Génesis Rodríguez Format … Wikipedia
Telemundo — Type Spanish language Broadcast Television Network … Wikipedia
Sin Vergüenza (TV series) — Sin Vergüenza L R: Maite, Paloma, Fernanda, Renata Format comedy drama, telenovela Created by Isamar Hernández … Wikipedia
Marina (Telemundo TV series) — Marina Cast photo Format telenovela Created by Inés Rodena Developed by Alberto … Wikipedia
Mauricio Ochmann — Born Mauricio Ochmann Siordia November 16, 1977 (1977 11 16) (age 34) Celaya, Guanajuato … Wikipedia
Géraldine Bazán — Infobox actor name = Géraldine Bazán imagesize = caption = Géraldine Bazán birthdate = birth date and age|1983|1|30 location = Mexico City, Mexico birthname = Rosalba Géraldine Bazán Ortíz othername = homepage = occupation = Actress Personal The… … Wikipedia
Mi Corazón Insiste… en Lola Volcán — Format Romance Action , Telenovela, Created by Julio Jimenez Valentina Parraga … Wikipedia
Pecados Ajenos — Infobox Television show name = Pecados Ajenos caption = format = Romance Action, Telenovela picture format = Color camera = Multi camera runtime = 42 minutes creator = Eric Vonn developer = Telemundo Studios, Miami producer = Martha Godoy… … Wikipedia
Más Sabe el Diablo — El Diablo no es como lo Pintan Format Romance – Action, Telenovela Created by … Wikipedia