- Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Cover featuring Cristiano Ronaldo
Developer(s) Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo Publisher(s) Konami
Producer(s) Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka (executive) Series Pro Evolution Soccer Version 1.02 Platform(s) PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360, Xperia Play, iOS, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Microsoft Windows Release date(s) Genre(s) Sports Mode(s) Single-player, Multiplayer Rating(s) Media/distribution DVD, Blu-Ray, Nintendo Optical Disc, UMD, Nintendo Game Card
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (abbreviated to PES 2012 and known officially as World Soccer: Winning Eleven 2012 in Asia) is a video game which is the eleventh edition in the Pro Evolution Soccer series developed and published by Konami with production assistance from the Blue Sky Team. Lionel Messi, who has been the cover star for the series since PES 2009, will be replaced by Cristiano Ronaldo, while Shinji Kagawa replaces Messi as the cover star for the Japanese version. The US and Latin American cover will feature Santos player Neymar and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Like previous versions of the game, it will be exclusively licensed by UEFA to contain the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Super Cup competitions along with a license from CONMEBOL to feature the Copa Santander Libertadores. Referees' governing UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Super Cup matches will wear the official UEFA Champions League uniforms, which is a first for the series.
On July 28, 2011, Konami confirmed that PES 2012 will be released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows on October 14, 2011 in Europe and October 6, 2011 in Japan. At Gamescom 2011 it was announced that the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 2 versions will follow on October 28, 2011 and the Wii on November 4, 2011. The publisher has also confirmed that versions for Nintendo 3DS and iOS formats are also in development, with firm dates to follow.
There are two demos, both of which were released for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. The first is based on a preview build of the game and was released on August 24, 2011 for PlayStation 3 and PC, though because of "issues on both sides" according to Jon Murphy, PES Team Leader, it was not released on the Xbox 360. The second demo was released 14th September on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. 
PES 2012's gameplay is primarily a refinement of PES 2011, with fewer big changes than the previous iteration but many smaller improvements and changes in areas such as artificial intelligence, speed, animation, and physics.
Among the new features is the Teammate Control system, where a secondary player may be controlled, either during play, or at a set piece or throw-in. This allows players to be placed precisely, make runs, and shake off markers before calling for the ball. Manual and assisted versions of the feature are available for varying degrees of difficulty and control.
Refereeing has been improved and includes a full implementation of the advantage rule, with the referee pulling back play for bookings after the ball goes out of play. The "catch-up bug", where defenders would catch dribbling attackers too easily, regardless of the attacker's pace, will be addressed. Gameplay is more fluid, with better response when controlling the ball, and goalkeepers have been improved with new animations and generally more reliable goalkeeping performances.
Artificial intelligence has been improved over previous PES games, for example AI players will play more thoughtfully when defending rather than simply applying pressure, and AI teammates will make more intelligent movement decisions.
Thanks to an exclusive deal with UEFA and CONMEBOL, the UEFA Champions League, the UEFA Europa League, the UEFA Super Cup and the Copa Santander Libertadores are fully licensed. The tournaments are integrated into the new mode, Football Life, which features a Master League mode and a Become a Legend mode, and for the first time, a Club Boss mode. The Football Life mode also includes a Master League Online mode, however, fan favourite 2V2 Ranked Matches have been removed from the Xbox 360 version due to "internal decisions". Like previous versions, there is also a separate two leagues with 18 empty teams (PES League and D2 League), each of which can be edited fully. All the teams are entirely fictional. The UEFA Europa League, the UEFA Super Cup and the PES and D2 Leagues are features not included in the PSP version of the game.
The following leagues are fully licensed. 
The following leagues are partially licensed.
- England: English League (Premier League) — 2 teams licensed: Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur
- Italy: Italian League (Serie A) — All clubs licensed, but the logo and name of the league are unlicensed.
- Portugal: Portuguese League (Primeira Liga) — 3 teams licensed: SL Benfica, FC Porto and Sporting CP.
The Portuguese League is not included in the PSP and PlayStation 2 versions of the game.
On 29 September 2011, the first update for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions was made, featuring tie-in features with Facebook for the new myPES mode, as well as improvements made to the Gameplay AI.
On 7 November 2011, the secound update the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions was made, improvements have been made to overall gaming experience including areas such as free kicks, goalkeeper Movements, Sudden stops when Dash Dribbling and Penalty Kicks. The Game Plan Screen has been altered to make Player Stats easier to see. Issues where the game sometimes froze when playing online have been addressed. Minor playability issues found in a variety of modes including “Become a Legend” have been tweaked accordingly.
On 11 October 2011, the first DLC of PES 2012, is will also add 13 new styles of boots to the game, with new makes from Adidas, Nike and Puma implemented, while the kit updates will see 29 teams brought in line with their current strips, and the club teams regarding transfers, also updates the abilities of players and teams.
PES 2012 contains 10 licensed songs.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 debuted at no. 1 in "Japanese Media Create sales chart" for the week of October 3 to October 9, with the sales of 272,036 units for PS3 version. Also beating Fifa 12 by 1000 sales making it best
- FIFA 12
- ^ "Konami's Critially Acclaimed Pro Evolution Soccer 2012". Konami. 28 July 2011. http://www.konami.com/article/KONAMI%27S_CRITCALLY_ACCLAIMED_PRO_EVOLUTION_SOCCER_2012/230. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
- ^ Mike, Harradence (28 July 2011). PES 2012 dated for Europe "PES 2012 dated for Europe". PlayStation Universe. Abstract Holdings International Ltd. http://www.psu.com/PES-2012-dated-for-Europe--a012395-p0.php PES 2012 dated for Europe.
- ^ "Messi No Longer PES Cover Star". WENB. Kitana Media Network. 20 July 2011. http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/messi-no-longer-pes-cover-star/. Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- ^ "Neymar Makes US PES 2012 Cover with Ronaldo". Gamers Daily News. 8 September 2011. http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-25027-Neymar-Makes-US-PES-2012-Cover-with-Ronaldo.html. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
- ^ "PES 2012: The Ultimate in Player Control". PESGaming. 20 July 2011. http://www.pesgaming.com/blog/pes-2010-news/1328/this-is-a-test/. Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- ^ "ワールドサッカー ウイニングイレブン2012（PS3) [World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012 (PS3)]" (in Japanese). Konami Style. http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/71257?style=jptop. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- ^ "Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 Demo". http://www.gamew0rld.com/pro-evolution-soccer-2012-demo/.
- ^ Sorry to confirm that due to issues on both sides we can’t release the 1st PES2012 demo for 360. We’ve tried hard but have to give up. —Jon Murphy Twitter. September 8, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-08
- ^ "Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 Second Demo". http://www.gamew0rld.com/pro-evolution-soccer-2012-demo-2/.
- ^ Orry, James (22 August 2011). "PES 2012's two demos given release dates". VideoGamer.com. Pro-G Media. http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/pes_2012/news/pes_2012s_two_demos_given_release_dates.html.
- ^ a b "PES 2012: Same path, gradual evolution". ComputerAndVideoGames.com. Future plc. 24 July 2011. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/312605/previews/pes-2012-same-path-gradual-evolution/.
- ^ Ivan, Tom (20 July 2011). "PES 2012's 'astonishing', 'innovative' feature revealed". ComputerAndVideoGames.com. Future plc. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/312380/pes-2012s-astonishing-innovative-feature-revealed/.
- ^ a b c d "WENB PES 2012 Playtest Impressions". WENB. Kitana Media Network. 29 June 2011. http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/wenb-pes-2012-playtest-impressions/. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- ^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruxzcvxdbao
- ^ "Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 Patch v1.01". Game World. http://www.gamew0rld.com/pro-evolution-soccer-2012-patch-v1-01/.
- ^ Jonathan Leo Toyad (5 October 2011). "Big in Japan October 3-9: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012". GameSpot Asia. CBS Interactive. http://asia.gamespot.com/news/6339848.html.
International Superstar Soccer/Pro Evolution Soccer series Original series ISS Pro series PES series J-League Winning Eleven series Management games Developers NarratorsJon Kabira
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 — Éditeur Konami Développeur Konami Début du projet 2011 … Wikipédia en Français
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 — Este artículo o sección necesita referencias que aparezcan en una publicación acreditada, como revistas especializadas, monografías, prensa diaria o páginas de Internet fidedignas. Puedes añadirlas así o avisar … Wikipedia Español
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 — Эта статья или раздел нуждается в переработке. Пожалуйста, улучшите статью в соответствии с правилами написания статей … Википедия
Pro Evolution Soccer — Pro Evolution Soccer, anciennement appelé ISS Pro, est une série de jeux vidéo de football conçue par Shingo Takatsuka (dit Seabass) et développée par la branche tokyoïte de Konami. Les versions originales japonaises sont appelées Winning Eleven … Wikipédia en Français
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 — Обложка игры с участием Криштиану Роналду Разработчик … Википедия
Pro Evolution Soccer (серия игр) — В этой статье не хватает ссылок на источники информации. Информация должна быть проверяема, иначе она может быть поставлена под сомнение и удалена. Вы можете … Википедия
Pro Evolution Soccer (serie) — Este artículo o sección necesita referencias que aparezcan en una publicación acreditada, como revistas especializadas, monografías, prensa diaria o páginas de Internet fidedignas. Puedes añadirlas así o avisar … Wikipedia Español
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 — Este artículo o sección necesita referencias que aparezcan en una publicación acreditada, como revistas especializadas, monografías, prensa diaria o páginas de Internet fidedignas. Puedes añadirlas así o avisar … Wikipedia Español
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 — cover art Developer(s) Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo Publisher(s) … Wikipedia
Pro Evolution Soccer — 2010 Entwickler … Deutsch Wikipedia